Let me show you my Pokemans (RMT)

Okay, so I posted this team a while back and I changed it a little bit, I tried to improve the team but didn't really know how how. So maybe you guys can help. It doesn't really have a "strategy" but I think the pokemon work pretty good together and take down a lot of threats. And most of the movesets are standard, but thats cause... well they are standard for a reason after all.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Modest
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Spd / 108 Sp. Atk
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power [Ice]
-Feather Rest
-Drill Peck

Boltbeam..well sort of, Gyarados counter and Drill Peck for Hera . It can survive a DD'd Ice Fang from a max atk Gyara and it takes 3 DD'd Ice Fangs from max atk Gyara to kill it when reflect is up.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Impish
EVs: 240 HP / 56 Atk / 76 Def / 136 Spd
-Reflect
-Reminiscent Headbutt
-Somersault
-Wish

Yeah, wish passing Jirachi, lets my sweepers set up and helps my team against physical sweepers.

Blissey @ Leftovers
Bold
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Sp. Atk
-Ice Beam
-Seismic Toss
-Thunder Wave
-Softboiled

Standard Bliss. Stops special sweepers. I like T-Wave over Aroma as I think it helps my sweepers out speed some of their counters, plus Milotic likes status anyways.

Milotic @ Leftovers
Bold
EVs: 252 Def / 48 Spd / 56 Sp. Atk / 152 HP
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Hypnosis
-Recover

My bulky water. Absorbs status. I like Hypnosis and Recover but I'm also thinking about Rest/SleepTalk.

Garchomp @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 240 Spd / 16 Sp. Atk
Jolly
-Swords Dance
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge/Dragon Claw
-Fire Blast

Main sweeper. Wish pass helps it setup. Standard is Dragon Claw but wouldn't Stone Edge be more helpful?

Infernape @ Life Orb
EVs: 32 Attack / 228 Speed / 252 Special Attack
Naive
-In-Fight
-Flamethrower
-Grass Rope
-Scheme

Gets rid of the stuff that annoys Garchomp and the rest of my team. Again wish pass helps him setup.

And of course the Threat List:

Gyarados: Zapdos
Garchomp: Milotic
Tyranitar: Milotic, Infernape
Heracross: Zapdos, Milotic?
Inferape: Garchomp, uh.. Milotic kinda
Heatran: Milotic, Inferape, Garchomp if it doesn't have HP Ice
Raikou(HP Grass): Garchomp, Zapdos, Blissey
Raikou(HP Ice): Blissey I guess
Azelf: Blissey, maybe Jirachi?
Gengar:Blissey again and Jirachi resest a lot of its moves

I'm probably not seeing some major flaw or something like that. If you have any suggestions/advice/comments please tell me.

so how do you absorb status? btw if youre going to try to counter something (like azelf) that means you have to be able to make it useless/kill it. blissey is not necessarily the best way to beat azelf though, imo. jirachi could probably do a good bit though to it with somersault and then going to a sweeper.

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hmm. I don't see Zapdos being able to switch into a DDed Gyarados Ice Fang, so I wouldn't consider Zapdos as a reliable counter to Gyarados.

For instance, Gyarados can come in on Milotic, say, and Taunt it so that it can't use Hypnosis, then DD as you switch to Zapdos.

Of course, Zapdos might not be OHKOed by the Ice Fang, since it does 74% minimum damage, but if Zapdos is at 75% health, say (due to Stealth Rock?), it can't switch in.

I'm not a very experienced battler, but the above scenario seems pretty logical to me.

Azelf's unboosted Flamethrower does 51 - 60% to Jirachi when Timid, 55 - 66% when Modest. Jirachi's Somersault does 50 - 59% to a minimum HP Azelf, allowing Blissey to easily finish it off with Thunder Wave and Seismic Toss.

Infernape isn't a Heracross counter, switching into an In Fight screws it badly. You'll mostly have to predict what it's doing or it can cause some serious damage. Zapdos as your only Fighting resist is problematic as it doesn't have Intimidate like Gyarados and Salamence. I'd take off Sub and BP as you're purposely dropping the HP on something you're relying on heavily to take out Gyarados and Heracross. Consider replacing SubPass with Drill Peck and Feather Rest.

Matt

Maybe monads might not matter
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
While it's good to go through the threat list, it doesn't work if you don't actually list real counters to the threats =[

You seem to be overrating Infernape and Zapdos's defensive abilities. Zapdos doesn't counter Garchomp even if it doesn't have Stone Edge, as Garchomp is faster and will wreck you with a Swords Danced Dragon Claw. Infernape cannot counter Tyranitar or Heracross with its low defense, Zapdos can't counter Infernape since it is slower and hurt badly by Swords Danced Stone Edge/Schemed Flamethrower.

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
You have a CBTar weakness, and Infernape can only switch in once at most on a Crunch. I really really don't like Milotic this generation because it doesn't have that sheer defensive ability Suicune has nor the valuable Rock resist and also-higher defenses of Swampert.

I'm a bit wary about Rest on Suicune. It can be 2HKOed while it's asleep by stuff like Heracross, plus you don't have Aromatherapy on Blissey.

It does take hits better than Milotic though and you've got Wish support to make up for losing Recover. If you choose Suicune, try Surf/Ice Beam/Tail Wind/Roar. Tail Wind would really help out everyone on your team, even if it's only for a couple of turns. Plus, you'll have a phazer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)