Liepard

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.

Liepard

I hope you don't mind bulbapedia!

Liepard is a fairly niche Pokemon in UU or maybe extremely niche depending on your opinion. It can do a few things all of which can be discussed here. Number one is the Nasty Plot set which is not too good in my opinion and number two is the Swagger set which is also not too good in my opinion because it relies on a less than 50% chance to work usually (accuracy plus confusion chance) which is just asking for trouble.

What I would like to discuss the most is a set like this

Liepard@Leftovers
Prankster
EVs: 252 HP 252 Spe 4 Def
-Assist
-Substitute
-filler
-filler

This set always requires Ditto support so it can copy hazards while assist will never pick Transform. The next step is to stuff your team with moves that Assist will not pick like Focus Punch and phazing moves. Thus Assist will have a 100% chance to pick the phazing move and your opponent will be priority shuffled for about 60 or so turns and die from their own hazards.

This set is really infuriating but obviously has some flaws like losing to +2 or +3 (Extremespeed and Fake Out) priority and if your opponent has no hazards then you almost certainly lose since your team can have almost no real moves to ensure Assists always works. There are probably plenty more ways to beat this strategy I am not even thinking of so you can discuss those too.

Please discuss anything you want about the competitive aspects of Liepard!

i have a team which is similar to that :3

ditto w/ scarf
mew (scarf) w/ fly , waterfall , trick , transform
smeargle (scarf) w/ shadow force , destiny bond , switcheroo , whirlwind
wynuat (eviolite) w/ counter , mirror coat , destiny bond (bulky physical for counter banded azumaril and other priority user)
froslass (now banned) use gallade (custap or scarf) w/ trick , destiny bond , focus punch , endure or mismagius w/ trick and bond instead
liepard (lagging tail) w/ assist , swagger , psych up , substitute (you can change swagger and psych up to hone claws , taunt , encore and yawn) (252+ attack)

how to play:
1.1 lead with mew and use trick on opponent lead and use transform or switch to ditto or
1.2 lead with ditto and set up SR
2. try to lure priority user into destiny bond or choice lock (by trick) or wynaut (if you're sure he is all-out attacker) and try to trick scarf to defensive pokemon that have recovery and/or leftovers
3. spam assist and find a chance to use subs > swagger + psych up
4. switch liepard out when see any possible priority user
5. finish the last poke with bond or ditto

Last edited:
I hate pokes like that. It like never works, but when it does work man....Like I'm pretty sure I got crabs from playing that

using abomasnow wears your opponent down even more as well x)
scarf mismagius spinblocks/picks off possible last mon with destiny bond
use nasty plot and dark pulse on liepard as the last two moves, as it cleans everything up after the assist spam. also means that you arent helpless against sigilyph
oh yeah and nidoqueen also has roar dragon tail punch protect shenanigans like aboma and absorbs toxic spikes

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
i have a team which is similar to that :3

ditto w/ scarf
mew (scarf) w/ fly , waterfall , trick , transform
smeargle (scarf) w/ shadow force , destiny bond , switcheroo , whirlwind
wynuat (eviolite) w/ counter , mirror coat , destiny bond (bulky physical for counter banded azumaril and other priority user)
froslass (now banned) use gallade (custap or scarf) w/ trick , destiny bond , focus punch , endure or mismagius w/ trick and bond instead
liepard (lagging tail) w/ assist , swagger , psych up , substitute (you can change swagger and psych up to hone claws , taunt , encore and yawn) (252+ attack)

how to play:
1.1 lead with mew and use trick on opponent lead and use transform or switch to ditto or
1.2 lead with ditto and set up SR
2. try to lure priority user into destiny bond or choice lock (by trick) or wynaut (if you're sure he is all-out attacker) and try to trick scarf to defensive pokemon that have recovery and/or leftovers
3. spam assist and find a chance to use subs > swagger + psych up
4. switch liepard out when see any possible priority user
5. finish the last poke with bond or ditto
Why do you use lagging tail? That and I recommend Missy just for the spin blocking utility because honestly they lack real moves to do anything else anyways. I seriously doubt using Destiny Bond is very efficient to beat the last Pokemon, you could give Liepard an attacking move or something. the team looks solid but it could just have a few changes that make it objectively better like sticking in an Abomasnow.

I came across one of these teams the other day and the only reason I won was because I run Wonder Skin on Venomoth.

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/uu-45822851

It was so frustrating it was funny.
Of course I like that you won but now that you know what strategy these teams have you can also not just rely on Venemoth but also just not send in your hazard users since they seem reasonably fast.

I hate pokes like that. It like never works, but when it does work man....Like I'm pretty sure I got crabs from playing that
I also hate Pokes like that but I disagree that they never work, I know for sure at least WhiteQueen tore up quite a few ladder players by his rating which is like 1800 or 1900 plus now including me twice. I also quickly resigned when I played this team on PO a few months ago because I knew my position was completely lost; they had copied my SR because my Rhyperior was too slow to escape Ditto, I learned the correct move now is to use Dragon Tail or try to quickly KO Ditto as it comes in before SR is set up. I thought crabs was some type of STD.

using abomasnow wears your opponent down even more as well x)
scarf mismagius spinblocks/picks off possible last mon with destiny bond
use nasty plot and dark pulse on liepard as the last two moves, as it cleans everything up after the assist spam. also means that you arent helpless against sigilyph
oh yeah and nidoqueen also has roar dragon tail punch protect shenanigans like aboma and absorbs toxic spikes
I saw that combination three times I believe and I think it is much more accurate (though with the exact same idea) than the first team posted here. I was wondering if Liepard could use Protect to shield it from the only +3 priority (Fake Out) but I am unsure what move would be overridden.

While on the topic of Liepard partners I was wondering if you couldn't also stick in a Purloin on the team just for fun with only Assist and other appropriate moves (I believe Leftovers would be more accurate than Eviolite). Or will that somehow mess up the strategy because Assist mechanics?

It was a joke. I didn't actually get crabs. And WhiteQueen is pretty average, I played him on PS once and he uses shell smash smh. I won, it was just the concept of it.

Why do you use lagging tail? That and I recommend Missy just for the spin blocking utility because honestly they lack real moves to do anything else anyways. I seriously doubt using Destiny Bond is very efficient to beat the last Pokemon, you could give Liepard an attacking move or something. the team looks solid but it could just have a few changes that make it objectively better like sticking in an Abomasnow.
lagging tail give ur liepard invincible from any non-priority attack. as my team have 4 moves that can use via assist (shadow force , fly* , dive* and whirlwind) which is, 3 of these move are 2-turns move and use as the main attack move (u can't get hit when use assist and called out those move and lagging tail give u always slower in the following attack. but can get hit by no guard , surf , hurricane and thunder) , whirlwind as a support of hazard or phase out subs , encore is useful here for break protect and combo with hone claws.

but lamerteam's idea of hail and leftover + nasty plot and dark pulse is nice too. :D

treats: prankster user (sableye and liepard) , bulky leftover (like umbreon and bronzorg) , machamp (no guard)

Last edited:
I'm lamerteam. This team was fun, i don't expect that was succeed.

The team is:

UberCat (Mew) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 120 Spd / 248 HP / 142 SDef
Calm Nature
IVs: 2 Atk
- Trick
- Roar
- Transform
- Counter

Poisonrabbit (Nidoqueen) (F) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Poison Point
EVs: 252 Def / 232 HP / 26 SDef
Impish Nature
- Focus Punch
- Protect
- Roar
- Dragon Tail

Troll you (Liepard) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Prankster
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Spd / 212 SAtk / 44 Def
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Substitute
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Assist

Hail for day (Abomasnow) @ Leftovers
Trait: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 SDef / 232 HP / 12 Atk / 14 Def
Careful Nature
- Focus Punch
- Protect
- Sleep Talk
- Endure

Scarfed (Ditto) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Imposter
EVs: 252 Def / 248 HP / 8 SDef
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 2 Spd
- Transform
-
-
-

No spin (Mismagius) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 80 Spd / 248 HP / 120 Def / 62 SDef
Careful Nature
- Trick
- Destiny Bond
- Thief
- Protect

I tested Queen with Counter, Mew with Dragon tail, and Haunter (but Mismagius is more better).
Liepard needs 44 evs in defense for avoid that Foul Play break my Substitute (Umbreon is my Set up-fodder in ocasions).
Other evs are possible.

Sableye is not a problem, Liepard is faster. Tornadus with Taunt, Ambipom and Mienshao fake out (protect is an option), Weavile Ice shard, crobat Quick attack (lol), Arcanine Extremespeed, pokemon with regenerator, etc.

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'm lamerteam. This team was fun, i don't expect that was succeed.

The team is:

UberCat (Mew) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 120 Spd / 248 HP / 142 SDef
Calm Nature
IVs: 2 Atk
- Trick
- Roar
- Transform
- Counter

Poisonrabbit (Nidoqueen) (F) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Poison Point
EVs: 252 Def / 232 HP / 26 SDef
Impish Nature
- Focus Punch
- Protect
- Roar
- Dragon Tail

Troll you (Liepard) (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Spd / 212 SAtk / 44 Def
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Assist

Hail for day (Abomasnow) @ Leftovers
Trait: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 SDef / 232 HP / 12 Atk / 14 Def
Careful Nature
- Focus Punch
- Protect
- Sleep Talk
- Endure

Scarfed (Ditto) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Def / 248 HP / 8 SDef
Relaxed Nature
- Transform
-
-
-

No spin (Mismagius) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 80 Spd / 248 HP / 120 Def / 62 SDef
Careful Nature
- Trick
- Destiny Bond
- Thief
- Protect

I tested Queen with Counter, Mew with Dragon tail, and Haunter (but Mismagius is more better).
Liepard needs 44 evs in defense for avoid that Foul Play break my Substitute (Umbreon is my Set up-fodder in ocasions).
Other evs are possible.

Sableye is not a problem, Liepard is faster. Tornadus with Taunt, Ambipom and Mienshao fake out (protect is an option), Weavile Ice shard, crobat Quick attack (lol), Arcanine Extremespeed, pokemon with regenerator, etc.
I played you on the OU suspect ladder today. I was only able to win because I stalled out your assist PP with Protect on my Tentacruel and Politoed. As much as I hate teams like this with a burning passion, they are effective when used correctly. I think they piss me off so much because they are entirely matchup reliant. If you have Tornadus or Arcanine or whatever else beats this strategy, then it's doomed to fail, but if you don't, you have quite the uphill battle ahead of you.

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ru-54970856

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ru-54973092

I use this NU team. IS VERY BROKEN, in RU and NU.
The rols are similar.

Fly is cool (Drifblim) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Aftermath
EVs: 224 Def / 34 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Destiny Bond
- Trick
- Protect
- Thief

You are me (Ditto) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SDef
Relaxed Nature
- Transform

True phazer (Dustox) (F)
Trait: Shield Dust
EVs: 248 HP / 26 Def / 232 SDef / 4 Spd
Careful Nature
- Protect
- Whirlwind
- Thief
- Sleep Talk

Cutest (Lopunny) (M) @ Flame Orb
Trait: Klutz
EVs: 240 HP / 18 Def / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Switcheroo
- Protect
- Copycat
- Circle Throw

Annoyer (Liepard) (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 44 Def / 212 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Assist

Rockwall (Regirock) @ Leftovers
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 5 Atk / 252 Def / 5 Spd
Impish Nature
- Counter
- Focus Punch
- Protect
- Mimic

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)