Little Combos

Frillish sorta outclassed by Missy now; as missy runs better stats across the board, spin blocks better due to not being weak to Tbolt, and still maintains 3 immunities (ground fighting normal).

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I wanted to revive this because due to the gligar ban I think there are a lot of cool options to discover and also just to create a bit more discussion in LC DST.
I will start with a (not particularly inventive, but effective) defensive combo I've been using recently:

Porygon @ Eviolite
Trait: Trace
EVs: 236 HP / 196 Def / 76 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Tri Attack
- Shadow Ball
- Recover
- Charge Beam

Shelmet @ Eviolite
Trait: Shell Armor
EVs: 116 HP / 156 Def / 236 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Spikes
- Recover
- Acid Armor
- Bug Buzz

This is pretty simple really- Porygon is really good this meta, walling a massive bunch of things, while still maintaining an offensive presence Obviously it has issues with fighting types, which is where Shelmet comes in, as it can wall the majority of fighting types whilst strengthening it's defenses or setting up spikes.
These two have problems with Scraggy that carry Head Smash or Stone Edge Mienfoo. For that reason it's good a good idea to pair them with a fighting type of your own.
Also, a toxic spikes absorber or cleric would be a good partner as these two hate poison.

So what cores/combos has everyone else been using recently?

I have been using a little cup rain team that aims on getting rain up with Bronzor/Shelmet and then using the boost in water moves to plow through teams. a good combo i have noticed is this

Bronzor(Bronzedog) @ Damp Rock
Ability: levitate
Nature: Relaxed
Evs:220 hp/ 4 spA/ 152 def/ 68 sp def / 12 spe
Moves:
-Rain Dance
-Psychic
-Hidden Power Ice
-Stealth Rock

Croagunk( Granny) @ life orb
Ability:Dry Skin
Nature: Lonely
Evs: 116 atk/ 116 def/ 232 spa/ 44 spd
Moves:
-Fake Out
-Vaccum Wave
-Dark Pulse
-Sucker Punch

so Basically Bronzor sets up rain and stealth rock then Croagunk can come in use its life orb boosted moves and recover hp with dry skin. when an earth or pyschic move comes Craogunks way out comes Pronzor again to sheild the hit and set up rain again. my actaull team infact is based around my sweepers dishing damage and then swithcing into my defensive pokes when there in trouble. this combo also works with Chinchou as he is a threatening rain sweeper with Thunder and Hydro Pump and also shares a ground weakness like Croagunk. my Evolite shelmet could also take Bronzors place in this Combo as it has an earth resistance is still imune to toxic due to its ability hydratoin and can set up rain and another entry hazards spikes. so any combinatoin of offensive and defensive pokes with Shelmet, Bronzor, Chinchou and Croagunk have worked well in rain teams

What are your Croagunk's moves?

Anyway, to the above, I don't really think that's a very sturdy core because none of them having reliable recovery! Plus, they lose to pretty common threats like Mixkrow and Rest Talk Misdreavus (who beats Chinchou too). Plus, I don't think rain will do very well in a metagame populated by Rest Talk Chinchou and Shroomish...

Zubat (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 236 HP / 32 Atk / 236 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Brave Bird
- Super Fang
- Taunt
- Roost

Chinchou (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 76 HP / 132 Def / 228 SDef / 60 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Scald
- Discharge/Heal Bell
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Scraggy (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Shed Skin
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 SDef / 212 Spd
- Dragon Dance
- Drain Punch
- Crunch
- Zen Headbutt

I was wanting to build a team around Zubat just for the heck of it, and in doing so, I found out that he makes an amazing core with Chinchou and Scraggy. They perfectly cover each other's weaknesses and can pretty comfortably switch around. Zubat can break stall and walls all fighting-types aside from Stone Edge Mienfoo. Chinchou tanks all kinds of hits, and can heal status if needed. Scraggy sweeps. A spinner is appreciated as Zubat doesn't like switching into Stealth Rock repeatedly. Zubat is a flippin beast and can take a ton of hits like a champ, and still does decent damage. He's my new favorite poke this meta (for the time being at least).

prem

failed abortion
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Snover (F) @ Eviolite Trait: Snow Warning
EVs: 196 HP / 180 SAtk / 116 SDef
Mild Nature (+SAtk, -Def)
- Protect
- Ice Shard
- Blizzard
- Giga Drain

Murkrow (F) @ Life Orb / eviolite
Trait: Super Luck / prankster
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 20 Def / 20 SDef / 188 Spd
- Roost
- Sucker Punch
- Substitute
- Brave Bird

fuck ya derpy hgss sprites! anyway this is something ive been using recently because ray jay told me to, and its been working really fucking well. my team that im using this on is pretty fucking bad, but i still win games constantly which is odd af. this combo works based on the fact that everything that beats murkrow includes porygon and drillbur and chinchou. snover comes in and fucks them all up pretty badly with its good bulk and giga drain/ blizzard/ ice shard in the wrong order. then things that beat snover, like timburr and mienfoo and larvesta all get curbstomped by murkrow. i use lo subroost super luck because iw ant to say a big fuck you to porygon, while also giving me a fair chance at beating chinchou, slowpoke, and alwyas beating bronzor (not that i need to beat the waters cause i have snover lol). obviously evio prankster is probably better for non speciallized reasons, but i like the power of lo sucker punch (it deals something like 45% to murkrow and 30% to not evio mienfoo. yes i understand this core gets shitted on by a fighting type, but thats why you should run larvesta! im not gonna add it though because its not actually on my team (notice my team loses to a hi jump kick)

Ray Jay

"Jump first, ask questions later, oui oui!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
For those of you that have faced it, this is the crux of my sandstall team:

Hippopotas (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 132 HP / 20 Atk / 212 Def / 100 SDef / 20 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Earthquake
- Slack Off

Timburr (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Guts
EVs: 76 HP / 196 Atk / 236 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Payback

Vullaby (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Overcoat
EVs: 116 HP / 236 Def / 156 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Air Slash
- Roost

The basic concept is that Hippopotas can stand its ground against a myriad of threats, and this number is increased with Roar. It does lose some utility against Misdreavus, however, and it also needs help against Snover. Furthermore, I wanted a secondary Scraggy check in case a lot of hazards get put up against me. I added specially defensive Timburr, who does wonders against all three. It works as a general status absorber for the team, as well. Timburr does more stalling often for me early game rather than sweeping, as if it can't KO Snover early game it needs to remain healthy. This often turns into Drain Punch spamming until the opponent switches to a counter.

For the final Pokemon of the core, I wanted something that not many people were using and that could just generally sponge hits. Meet Vullaby, arguably the biggest problem for balanced teams in the meta. Generally, balanced teams with Pokemon such as defensive Mienfoo simply can't hit hard enough to break through Vullaby's tough attitude. They oft resort to using their defensive Pokemon in hopes of using Toxic, only to be Taunted. Basically, Vullaby is the master staller, and it does its job well; going so far as to net me typically a KO on an offensive Pokemon and a defensive Pokemon every game, especially with a little luck with Air Slash.

Prem's core is one of the best cores at the moment. I used it a ton last metagame and it puts in so much work. Running Life Orb is cool but you really need to run Prankster to really use Murkrow more effectively. If Bronzor gets more popular(which it will because Drilburr is getting more popular), that core can really shine because it beats Bronzor. I think you want to run Choice Scarf Snover but I'm sure Mild Eviolite puts in work too

just a note, prems core (especialy with larvesta) is all weak to rock, maybe croagunk would work better than larvesta, then your fire weak with two pokes but whatever, you still have 3 mons to choose.

Prem's core is an offensive core that really doesn't care too much about type synergy. Although Snover + Murkrow dont have good type synergy, they have very good functional synergy.

prem

failed abortion
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
why would two mons weak to fire be better than 2 mons weak to rock...
the point of the core is to destroy everything in site because all ground/rock/water types that check murkrow die to snover. it doesnt matter if rock is se against both of them because i have the rest of the team to check it and i am guaranteed to have a staryu on my team to spin. some offensive cores dont rely on typing synergy as much as the ability to beat each others checks quite easily

Btw, as an offensive core a fighting/normal type (Read: teddiursa the BOSS) and houndour is amazing. Houndours sucker punch does a hell of alot even to resists, great psychic/ghost trapper too and good mix set. Just use houndour, as for a core Natu/Mankey/Chinchou/Teddiursa is good, I'll add specific sets if I need too great core type and general synergy wise, Teddy punches holes, mankey cleans while natu supports and can revenge kill(it gets sucker punch!) while chinchou can heal status or give status support with scald and discharge/t wave.

My sets suck and im still working on the spreads so yeah.....

and here is the but....

They support each other type wise which I find incredible and natu provides wish support being slow so it takes most hits before passing the wish (and it escapes stunky) to keep the crew healthy(mainly chinchou) and works great with mankey as mankey can use its resistances to rock and dark to come on on attacks aimed at natu and heal with with wish, chinchou gives heal bell if someone gets a burn/para/poison on me and spreads burns/paralysis I'm working with sucker punch which has its uses while. Mankey is the clean up crew and momentum changer while teddy is the star of the show, this balances offense and defense as well as typing

Mankey for the fact it has alot more coverage options, defiant/anger point are sorta situational but you just gotta love when your oponents crit goes against them(hopefully something like rapid spin or a resisted hit) while vital spirit lets it switch into shroomish(spore) which seems to be rising in usage.

The smog issue 20 just got realeased and has alot of great little cup combos including premsand Iss`s "Sandmag" i found a combo of Missy and Omanyte and hav been using a quite similar one of Titouga/Missy

Tirtouga @Splashplate
Sturdy
Adamant nature
84 hp/ 212 atk/ 12 def/ 180 spe
Shellsmash
Aqua tail
Stone edge
Aqua jet

This set is a great shell smashing set Tirtouga is often overlooked by other shell smashers due to there superior typing and coverage. however Tirtouga is the only smasher with sturdy which is great to have! he has great offensive synergy with Nastyplot Missy as she covers the spiecal side of things and gets rid of Tirtougas counters (not named croagunk)

Missdreavus @ life orb
Levitate
timid nature
240 SpA 240 Spe
Nasty plot
thunderbolt
shadowball
hidden power fighting

Nasty plot MIssy hurts the oposition! her and tirtouga are capable of destroying unprepared teams by themselves if the opponent gets caught of gaurd and lets me shell smash or Nasty plot. MIssy helps take out Tirtougas counters (apart from Croagunk) and severly weakens opponents that tirtouga can clean up.

this is a awesome offensive core that i have been succesful with. this core does have huge problems with croagunk so it is advised you have pokemon to take out this threat. Bronzor is good as it can provide stealth rock support that can really help the sweeping potential of Tirtouga and possibly Missy. alsp bronzor can use toxic to wear down defensive beasts like porygon thus letting the sweepers break past it! also Bronzor can destroy croagunk with Pyschic. Larvesta is also good to use against croagunk because of flare blitz. rapid spin support is also good to keep tirtougas sturdy intact.

Good to see interest being revived here. Just so you know, Dwebble also gets sturdy, so tirtouga isn't the only sturdy smasher.

The best way to deal with croagunk in that core would be to take off the life orb off missy and switch thunderbolt to pain split or will-o-wisp.

My bad forgot about dwebble wilo wisp definatly is good idea against croagunk and pian split is good aswell what else have people been using?

In the future, please try and use better grammar and spelling when making posts in the forums. It would make taking your ideas and requests seriously a much easier task.

Now, here's a monstrous combo I've really adored using:

Mienfoo (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 160 HP / 76 Atk / 196 Def / 76 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Fake Out
- Drain Punch
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Diglett (M) @ Life Orb Trait: Arena Trap
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 236 Spd
- Substitute
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Sucker Punch

Why, exactly? Well, Diglett becomes an absolute powerhouse when things don't have their Eviolites!

252 Atk Life Orb Diglett Earthquake vs 0 HP/196 Def Mienfoo (+Def) : 76.19% - 90.48%
Possible HP Damage: 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 19

252 Atk Life Orb Diglett Earthquake vs 0 HP/0 Def Scraggy: 85.71% - 100%
Possible HP Damage: 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 19, 19, 19, 19, 19, 19, 19, 21, 21, 21

252 Atk Life Orb Diglett Earthquake vs 36 HP/0 Def Staryu: 95% - 110%
Possible HP Damage: 19, 19, 19, 19, 19, 21, 21, 21, 21, 21, 21, 21, 22, 22, 22, 22

Those are just three Pokemon that can now be trapped and smashed with Diglett. When things lose their Eviolite, you can 2HKO Slowpoke, Hippopotas, Ferroseed...OHKO Misdreavus with Sucker Punch, OHKO Murkrow with Rock Slide...the list goes on man. Diglett is honestly a lean mean smashing machine with Knock Off support. Throw in a Dwebble and you've got yourself a 6-0 right there.

The trio loses to Scraggy and Payback Mienfoo. Defensive synergy is not only about having a resistance to all types...it's about checking threats. Please include more substane (such as actual sets and experience from testing the combo) before you post next time.

I like Blarajan's core a lot as it punishes carelessness. You can't safely switch in your Croagunk to Mienfoo because of Blara goes for U-turn, then bye bye Croagunk. The same is true about Larvesta and Shelmet. So, if you don't have at least two Mienfoo checks on your team, this core will eat you alive. The Knock Off support that Mienfoo provides is nice too, but I think trapping all of Mienfoo's counters is more important.

Payback miefoo doesnt beat natu iirc(at least defensive versions) as its stuck with a 50 bp move and gets KOed back. Scraggy though is an issue if natu doesnt have FD and is in at the right time.

ebeast

she's probably sexting nprtprt
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Okay, so even though I kind of just got started in LC I feel like I need contribute to such a great community and a stupendous tier. This core that I've been having pretty good success on the ladder is based around the destruction that Snover can cause and,with the help of a few teammates, the massive amounts of Pokemon in can neuter and defeat. Again, since I'm not a LC veteran I'm not sure how common this core was. (Haven't seen all that many Snover outside of my own) Heck, it might even have been a standard of standards core at some point, but I didn't see any mentions of anything like it in earlier posts here so I'll feel free to share this.

Snover
/

@ Choice Scarf

~EVs: 36 HP / 24 Atk / 184 SpAtk / 36 SpD / 200 Spe
~IVs: 30 Def / 30 SpAtk / 30 Spe (HP Fire)
~Nature: Hasty (+Spe -Def) ~Ability: Snow Warning
23 HP / 13 Atk / 9 Def / 15 SpAtk / 13 SpD / 14 (21) Spe

- Blizzard / Giga Drain / Hidden Power [Fire] / Ice Shard
Hail, hail, hail. Snover's Snow Warning ability does many things for the core such as making Blizzard a reliable move on our fellow little fir tree, allowing Croagunk to 2HKO even Defensive Misdreavus guaranteed, and shortening the life span of Morning Sun and Synthesis reliant Pokemon such as Larvesta, Ponyta, Chikorita, and Shroomish. Hail in those scenarios limit the healing of two of Snover's main switch ins who, with some help from Stealth Rock, won't be lasting long enough to prevent Snover's terrifying BlizzSpam. While Snover already soundly beats both Chikorita and Shroomish, if Snover ever goes down prematurely its teammates will surely appreciate a Shroomish or Chikorita stripped of their reliable healing. Snover also provides a reliable way of dealing with Chinchou and Staryu as even the bulkiest of Chinchou and Staryu cannot avoid the 2HKO from Giga Drain thanks to Hail's violent buffeting, while dealing negligible damage back to Snover. Not to mention that Scarf Snover prevents the core from getting annihilated against one of the biggest threats in LC, Drillbur, Snover is just an excellent Pokemon in every right. Don't be discouraged by Bronzor's high usage, Hail will wear it down and any of its attempts to get Stealth Rock up is thwarted by Staryu.

EV spread is different from the onsite spread for two reasons 13 Atk Ice Shard deals the same damage as with 14 Atk. These extra EVs also allow for Snover to boost its bulk slightly in the important HP stat for it to have an odd HP number to come in an extra time on Stealth Rock, and an extra point in Special Defensive to help buffer its ability to switch into common special attackers. As an example of Ice Shard's worth it allows for Snover to 2HKO LO Murkrow who is inclined to Sucker Punch to prevent getting nuked by a Blizzard. Thanks to Scarf it will outprioritize Sucker Punch and make it fail and allow it to score a very reliable 2HKO against one of LC's biggest annoyances.

Croagunk has very good defensive synergy with Snover as the pair only miss on covering a Psychic and Fire weakness something other teammates can cover.*cough*Houndour gives F/W/G and is immune to those types*cough* At the same time Croagunk provides Snover with very good offensive synergy by being capable of switching most Pokemon that scare off Snover and threaten them back. Opponent decides to check a Blizzard locked Snover with Tirtouga, Scraggy, or Mienfoo? No problem and Croagunk not only is a safe switch into these Pokemon but provides amazing offensive pressure against them. While Hidden Power Fire from Snover is a clean 2HKO on Ferroseed, if it switches into a Giga Drain, Croagunk is always there to help out. Of course Snover and Croagunk share one overlapping weakness together, Fire. Pokemon such as Larvesta and Ponyta might be neutered in the long run and will likely die soon enough, but what would you do before then? Answer lies in Staryu who not only provides sacred Rapid Spin support to Snover and Croagunk while being a nice switch into Fire-type Pokemon in general.

Croagunk
/

@ Eviolite

~EVs: 132 HP / 28 Atk / 116 Def / 108 SpAtk / 116 SpD
~Nature: Quiet (+SpAtk -Spe) ~Ability: Dry Skin
23 HP / 13 Atk / 12 (18) Def / 15 SpAtk / 12 (18) SpD / 9 Spe

- Fake Out / Vacuum Wave / Drain Punch / Shadow Ball
Courtesy of Croagunk's excellent typing, it provides excellent synergy with Snover and Staryu while being an amazing pivot to Pokemon that threaten or check Snover such as Scraggy, Mienfoo, Tirtouga, Ferroseed, Porygon, Timburr, Dwebble, Pawniard, and Munchlax. With great priority options in Fake Out and Vacuum Wave along with the ever so useful Drain Punch, Croagunk lures in Ghost-type Pokemon such as Misdreavus to try to come in and take the hits. This where Shadow Ball comes in to ruin even Defensive Misdreavus's day as a Shadow Ball cleanly 2HKOes Misdreavus with the help of Snover's Hail backing it up. This ability to lure such a common Pokemon as Misdreavus gives Staryu a much easier time trying to get off a Rapid Spin or to come in and Check a weakened Misdreavus. Again the EV spread for Croagunk is different than the onsite spread with mine giving Croagunk 23 HP and 12 Def rather than 24 HP and 11 Def. An odd HP number lets Croagunk take less damage from Spikes and Hail allowing it to more reliably handle Ferroseed. On another hand having an even number for its Defense value works much better for Eviolite and makes Croagunk a much better check to Scraggy, Tirtouga, Mienfoo, Timburr, and Pawniard.

Pokemon that Croagunk can tend to struggle with include Slowpoke, Bronzor, Larvesta, and Murkrow. Staryu and Snover can easily threaten these Pokemon with their powerful attacks or in Staryu's case take its freedom to get off a free Rapid Spin. Not only that but those Pokemon usually have a free switch to do it thanks to their great offensive and defensive type synergy that hold resistances to 12/17 types while hitting 14/17 types super effectively. Snover's Hail also gives Croagunk an open window to 2HKO Misdreavus with Shadow Ball in case Stealth Rock are not on the field while limiting the health of Morning Sun and Synthesis users such as Larvesta, Ponyta, and Shroomish who tend to give Croagunk some trouble.

Staryu

@ Eviolite

~EVs: 36 HP / 196 SpAtk / 236 Spe
~Nature: Timid (+Spe -Atk) ~Ability: Natural Cure
20 HP / 9 Atk / 12 (18) Def / 16 SpAtk / 12 (18) SpD / 19 Spe

- Rapid Spin / Recover / Hydro Pump / Thunderbolt
With great bulk, nice resistances, and ability to Rapid Spin Staryu makes a great partner to both Snover and Croagunk who don't appreciate hazards or Fire-type attacks being thrown at them. However it doesn't just take Fire-type moves it can also devastate these users thanks to its amazing speed, good power, and great coverage in Hydro Pump and Thunderbolt. While Staryu is a straightforward Pokemon and might not seem like it contributes as much to the core as Snover and Croagunk, ridding the field of entry hazards is extremely important for a Scarf Pokemon who has to switch out repeatedly and Croagunk, who is in constantly due to the sheer amount of Pokemon it can check. Staryu is simply the best Rapid Spin user that LC has to offer to non-Sand teams as only Drillbur really contests it in this role.

Thanks to the help of Snover and Croagunk softening up threats such as Frillish and Misdreavus, Staryu can come in and finish them off to gain an opportunity to Rapid Spin. Of course Snover resists Grass- and Electric-type attacks aimed at Staryu from Pokemon such as Shroomsh or Chinchou and can attack back with powerful Blizzards or Giga Drains. Dragon-type Pokemon that try to set up on Staryu such as Dratini are easily wore down by Hail, Snover's Ice Shard, and Croagunk's Fake Out + Vacuum Wave combination.

I am currently running a very powerful rain trio of Voltorb, Wingull, and Anorith. They work well as an offensive core to my teaming, destroying the majority of any opponents team for my lategame Mienfoo and Taillow to clean up.

The Team:

Herbert (Voltorb) @ Damp Rock
Trait: Static
EVs: 236 Spd / 236 SAtk / 36 HP
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Rain Dance
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Voltorb is a great choice for a rain dancer, as it is in the top speed tier of little cup, and also has taunt and a powerful rain stab, as well as a decent special attack and a great ability. He is generally the second pokemon of mine to come in, switching in from my Lileep after rocks are set up. If the opponent double switches into a common booster like Scraggy or Misdreavous, I will taunt first, but otherwise I will rain dance, and then thunder until it dies. HP Grass is for pesky ground types, especially Diglett. Voltorb also has the amazing ability Static, which will occasionally cripple faster threats, so that they are less trouble later on.

Charlie (Anorith) @ Life Orb
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 236 Spd / 236 Atk / 36 HP
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Slide
- X-Scissor
- Rapid Spin

Anorith, my physical rain sweeper, is a monster. With a powerful base attack, coupled with life orb and potentially a swords dance, his dual STAB's are resisted by no defensive walls. Rapid Spin is for spin support, if necessary, as I didn't need a third attacking move. Sometimes I use it on weakened pokemon, to both kill them and banish hazards.

For a replay of Anorith decimating a team, click Here

The Game (Wingull) @ Life Orb
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 236 Spd / 236 SAtk / 36 HP
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Roost
- Hurricane
- Scald
- Ice Beam

Wingull, one of my favorite pokemon, is an incredibly underrated rain sweeper. He only has 55 base special attack, but with a base 120 100% accurate STAB Hurricane, along with a rain-boosted STAB Scald, it's more than enough. Also, the life orb damage is partially negated due to Wingull's Rain Dish ability, which restores 5% of Wingull's health each turn. When this is not enough, and Wingull is up against a physical wall who can only Will-O-Wisp and wait, it can use Roost to regenerate.

For a video of Wingull destroying a team, click Here

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)