Little Cup Teambuilding Competitions #3 [Submissions]

ok unfortunately not much got posted this round but the people you can vote for are;
Corkscrew
Pen Ink
Axisotaku
Cxinlee

I didn't really like voting via PM so will shall vote in this thread. With that said I vote for Corkscrew it would be nice if you could bold your votes to make them easier to see but w/e

How long is "24 hours"? It's been like 6 days already :/.
Sorry about that, I wanted more people to vote because no one had voted after 24 hours of my post, also I was on school camp for the last 3 days anyway the winner is Corkscrew! Here is the next round:

R3
+

Larvesta and Staryu :O now that hide tags work I ask you all to have your importables in either the hide tags or code to not make this thread a chore to scroll down thanks :)

apt-get

it's not over 'til it's over
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
lol

Edgy (Larvesta) @ Eviolite
Trait: Flame Body
Level: 5
EVs: 76 HP / 236 Atk / 156 Def / 36 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Wild Charge
- Will-O-Wisp

Weak to Machop (Murkrow) @ Life Orb
Trait: Insomnia
EVs: 240 Atk / 80 SAtk / 188 Spd
Naive Nature
- Brave Bird
- Heat Wave
- Sucker Punch
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Foobar (Mienfoo) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 236 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Hi Jump Kick
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Raichou (Chinchou) @ Eviolite
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 52 Def / 232 SAtk / 224 Spd
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Heal Bell

Snovhurr (Snover) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Snow Warning
EVs: 124 Atk / 184 SAtk / 200 Spd
Naive Nature
- Blizzard
- Giga Drain
- Ice Shard
- Hidden Power [Rock]

Gem (Staryu) @ Eviolite
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 36 HP / 236 SpA / 236 Spd
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

A classic volt-turn team that I rmt'd some time ago, based around the mienfoo-larvesta-chinchou voltturn core. MixKrow breaks things mid-game, Staryu spins, snover kills sand. :}

Thanks for the submission apt-get. However when posting on this thread I will ask that you guys have more than one line to explain your team. Having a good paragraph will convince people that your team is the best to vote for! It will also give others an idea of how your team works. I will let your post slide only because your rmt explains your team (which can be found here) but as a general rule please list a paragraph explaining your team

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Sorry about that, I wanted more people to vote because no one had voted after 24 hours of my post, also I was on school camp for the last 3 days anyway the winner is Corkscrew! Here is the next round:

R3
+

Larvesta and Staryu :O now that hide tags work I ask you all to have your importables in either the hide tags or code to not make this thread a chore to scroll down thanks :)

Larvesta @ Eviolite
EVs: 76 HP / 236 Atk / 156 Def / 36 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Wild Charge
- Morning Sun

Larvesta. The basis of the team. With a base 85 atk, this thing hits super hard. Unfortunately, it has a crippling stealth rock weakness, to which we need a spinner( say hi staryu!) Anyway, larvesta is a great counter to most fighting types in the tier, especially stuff like mienfoo, who u-turn everywhere, until they get burnt by larvesta's flame body. "The listed EV spread and nature maintains an offensive presence while still being able to withstand hits." SMH smogon. Flare blitz is the powerful cleaning STAB of choice, 2hkoing pretty much everything that doesnt resist it. U-turn is great to gain momentum as a pivot as the opposing fighting type switches out, and is great in general. Wild charge hits things like staryu and mantyke and tirtouga super-effectively. Lastly, I prefer using morning sun over Will-o-Wisp because the flame body chance is good enough for me (Rather than possibly losing a turn with WoW missing), plus, healing is always pretty good when you are using recoil moves.

Staryu @Eviolite
EVs: 36 HP/ 200 SpA/ 240 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

Obviously since we're using larvesta, we're gonna need a spinner, and Bulky staryu fits the bill perfectly. It pretty much counters murkrow, switching into a BB or failed sucker punch and recovering off damage and let murkrow kill itself, as well as synergizing nigh perfectly with larvesta. Hydro Pump is pretty much standard, as it 2hkoes most things in the tier. Thunderbolt beats the aforementioned murkrow as well as beating most water types, such as mantyke, who can possibly wall the team as is. Rapid spin and recover make it a formidable spinner with really good bulk. To be honest, I really love a staryu/larvesta core, as its just really solid and sets me up for the next pokemon to join:

Lileep @Eviolite
Trait: Storm Drain
EVs: 228 HP/ 220 Def/ 60 SpD
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Recover
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

With both a good fire type, and a good water type, a grass type is almost obligatory. Both of those are pretty decent defensively, however I notice that when I use either staryu or larvesta, sand gives me a hard time. As such, Lileep is my suggestion for pokemon #3. It helps stop sand teams, and it's weakness to snover is reduced significantly by larvesta u-turning everywhere. Toxic support also really helps against stuff like Bulky mienfoo and opposing lileep. It also happens to wall tirtouga cold, something that as of right now is easy to get set up and beat both staryu and larvesta. Recover is obvious, as it helps it keep reliable recovery in the heat of things, and be a defensive pivot (in contrast to larvesta as an offensive pivot). Giga drain beats tirtouga and all in all puts pressure on sand teams. Toxic lets it nail opposing lileep, mienfoo, misdreavus, etc. Lastly, the last move depends on what you think we'll need (fuck, we could even go HP fire and play with the evs so it lives and koes snover), but I just put SR as the last slot as it puts a lot of pressure on the opponent, as I've found most teams don't even carry a spinner.

Porygon @Eviolite
Trait: Trace
EVs: 236 HP/ 196 Def/ 76 SpD
Calm Nature
- Tri Attack
- Thunder Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Recover

This set is so bulky it's not even funny. It acts as a check to a lot of physical attackers in the game with that bulk and access to thunder wave. Thunder wave is basically a sentence of death in LC (shit, most things underspeed ferroseed after at thunder wave smh). Thunder wave the opponent's switchin (such as murkrow, or mienfoo, or timburr) and then laugh as they are crippled for the rest of the match, little more than either set up fodder or sacrificial fodder. Tri attack is porygon's main STAB of choice, 2hkoing murkrow and having a 20% chance for either a burn a freeze or parahax, so it's useful to spam. Shadow ball hits misdreavus, which is much more important than most everything else. Lastly, recover is a great move as witnessed in lileep, as it allows you to recover 50% of your health instantly, and seeing as not very many mons can 2hko a porygon, this is beneficial indeed. Trace is an excellent ability for porygon, as it allows you to get the best abilities, be it regenerator, thick fat, or the ever lucky prankster(which means its pretty much gg there).

Croagunk @Eviolite
Trait: Poison Touch
EVs: 212 HP / 28 Atk / 36 Def / 108 SpA / 116 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Drain Punch
- Vaccuum Wave
- Knock Off
- Shadow Ball

Croagunk is here to check scraggy's who try and set up on us, is another counter to tirtouga, and offers priority, which is always nice. He lures in ghost types such as missy so mienfoo can HJK spam, as well as shadow ball offering perfect coverage with his main move, drain punch. Knock off is a great utility move, as often a match is decided on whether your foe's lileep has eviolite or not, or there hippo has eviolite, or the opponent's mienfoo has choice scarf. Vaccuum wave is the aforementioned priority, and is great for things such as sans sash abra, snover, etc. I opted for poison touch over dry skin, because lileep is there for most water attacks, plus the 30% poison chance will be helpful in wearing down things such as Lileep (poison touch knock off lmfao).

Mienfoo @Choice Scarf
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 236 Atk/ 36 Def/ 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Hi Jump Kick
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Drain Punch

Ah, you thought I wouldn't put a scarf pokemon in here didn't you!? Scarf mienfoo is great, as between it and croagunk, it checks a whole lot of pokemon that would otherwise be problematic, such as abra, scraggy, and opposing mienfoo. Hi Jump Kick is the obvious nuke, though I would only use it once abra is gone and anyu ghost types are gone. Stone edge allows mienfoo to hit things like murkrow, mantyke, and larvesta harder and a shit-ton better than any of its other moves. U-turn allows for momentum, and between it and larvesta can possibly wear down a team and allow a sweep from something. Lastly, drain punch is another cleaning-up option, but a much safer one than HJK is.

Done~

Last edited:
Oh hey. I just made a team of these pokemon and it turned out to be decent.

Snover @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Snow Warning
EVs: 104 Atk / 200 Spd / 184 SAtk
Naive Nature
- Blizzard
- Giga Drain
- Ice Shard
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Staryu @ Eviolite
EVs: 236 Spd / 196 SAtk / 36 HP
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt

Murkrow @ Eviolite
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 236 Atk / 188 Spd / 20 SDef / 36 HP / 20 Def
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sucker Punch
- Roost
- Substitute

Lileep @ Eviolite
Trait: Storm Drain
EVs: 220 Def / 60 SDef / 228 HP
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Giga Drain
- Recover
- Toxic

Larvesta @ Eviolite
EVs: 76 HP / 156 Def / 236 Atk / 36 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Morning Sun
- U-turn
- Will-O-Wisp

Porygon @ Eviolite
Trait: Trace
EVs: 196 Def / 156 HP / 156 SDef
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Tri Attack
- Shadow Ball
- Thunder Wave
The larvesta+staryu core works well. They cover each other's weaknesses well and staryu removes the stealth rocks larvesta abhors. Murkrow is another hard hitting pokemon with the subroost set that takes advantage of the switches caused by it. This forms a core that is very good offensively. I used lileep as an SR user and water immunity. It adds to the bulk and can take on opposing murkrow too. Larvesta's U-turn is beneficial to murkrow for a free turn. Porygon synergizes well with the team and is a good pokemon overall.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)