Project Lure That Threat PU Edition (Voting Stage)

Solar Flare wins with his Knock Off Kadabra congratz!
This week you'll be luring in....
Chinchou
Chinchou @ Eviolite
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

LordST

Dormi Bene Duce
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
RBTT Champion

Wilson Fisk (Stunfisk) @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Earthquake
- Discharge
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

So normally Chinchou can semi reliably beat Stunfisk by fishing for burns and resting off the damage from Earth Power. Here's some calcs to show it:

0 SpA Stunfisk Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Chinchou: 114-134 (32.2 - 37.8%) -- 93.2% chance to 3HKO
0 SpA Chinchou Scald vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Stunfisk: 110-132 (26 - 31.2%) -- 8.4% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

Earthquake changes this by giving Stunfisk a way of 2hkoing Chinchou. This has use outside of just Chinchou as well. Quake over Power lets you hit some other mons harder like Camerupt,Mr. Mime, and Grumpig.

0 Atk Stunfisk Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Eviolite Chinchou: 216-254 (61 - 71.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 Atk Stunfisk Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Solid Rock Camerupt: 153-181 (44.6 - 52.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 Atk Stunfisk Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mr. Mime: 109-130 (49.3 - 58.8%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO

Also Rebel you should probably update the title of the thread

is it a lure if it's, you know, standard? anyways, i was gonna go with some unviable physical electric sets like double-edge zebstrika, but i think i got something more cohesive and usable -

Standard Life Orb Simipour

Simipour @ Life Orb
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Knock Off
- Superpower

Similar to Slar Flar's Knock Off Kadabra last week, Knock Off Simipour baits in many eviolite mons such as Chinchou (and even SpDef Clefairy to an extent tbh) that expect to tank a Hydro Pump or Ice Beam, and knocks off the eviolite so that their defenses are weakened. Knock Off does minimum 35% damage, and can finish off Chinchou with Superpower which does 65% minimum. Do the math.

If standard isn't your thing, then maybe try..

AoA Life Orb Regice

Regice @ Life Orb
Ability: Clear Body
Mild Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast

Normally Chinchou is a fantastic switch in to pretty much all BoltBeam users such as Regice, Rotom-F, Raichu w/ HP Ice, etc, but Regice gets EQ which actually 2HKOs Chinchou after rocks. As a result, Chinchou will not be able to wall this set.

4 Atk Life Orb Regice Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Eviolite Chinchou: 153-182 (43.2 - 51.4%) -- 98% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Earthquake also allows you to hit steels like Probopass without potentially missing Focus Blast and can hit tankier SpDef Mons like AV Muk, so that's also a plus. although outside of hitting those mons, it's probably generally more useful to use the special attacks.

Let's keep playing the 'slap eq on various mons' game
Tect this is your time

Politoed @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Earthquake

See, nobody, and I mean nobody, expects Earthquake from Politoed. Hell, I had no clue that Poli even learned Eq when the based lord Tect told me. Chinchou is the perfect Politoed switchin 99% most of the time, but when this hits you...

0- Atk Politoed Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Eviolite Chinchou: 144-170 (40.6 - 48%) -- 62.1% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

No, you can't 2HKO right off the bat. Yes, you can force a Chinchou to take 20% without Resting.

If that isn't a lure, I have never known what a lure is.

(In case you were wondering about the set, 216 EVs hits 230 speed, enough for +speed nature Cacturne.)

Wilson Fisk (Stunfisk) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Earthquake
- Discharge
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

So normally Chinchou can semi reliably beat Stunfisk by fishing for burns and resting off the damage from Earth Power. Here's some calcs to show it:

0 SpA Stunfisk Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Chinchou: 114-134 (32.2 - 37.8%) -- 93.2% chance to 3HKO
0 SpA Chinchou Scald vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Stunfisk: 110-132 (26 - 31.2%) -- 8.4% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

Earthquake changes this by giving Stunfisk a way of 2hkoing Chinchou. This has use outside of just Chinchou as well. Quake over Power lets you hit some other mons harder like Camerupt,Mr. Mime, and Grumpig.

0 Atk Stunfisk Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Eviolite Chinchou: 216-254 (61 - 71.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 Atk Stunfisk Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Solid Rock Camerupt: 153-181 (44.6 - 52.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 Atk Stunfisk Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mr. Mime: 109-130 (49.3 - 58.8%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO

Also Rebel you should probably update the title of the thread
is it a lure if it's, you know, standard? anyways, i was gonna go with some unviable physical electric sets like double-edge zebstrika, but i think i got something more cohesive and usable -

Standard Life Orb Simipour

Simipour @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Knock Off
- Superpower

Similar to Slar Flar's Knock Off Kadabra last week, Knock Off Simipour baits in many eviolite mons such as Chinchou (and even SpDef Clefairy to an extent tbh) that expect to tank a Hydro Pump or Ice Beam, and knocks off the eviolite so that their defenses are weakened. Knock Off does minimum 35% damage, and can finish off Chinchou with Superpower which does 65% minimum. Do the math.

If standard isn't your thing, then maybe try..

AoA Life Orb Regice

Regice @ Life Orb
Ability: Clear Body
Mild Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast

Normally Chinchou is a fantastic switch in to pretty much all BoltBeam users such as Regice, Rotom-F, Raichu w/ HP Ice, etc, but Regice gets EQ which actually 2HKOs Chinchou after rocks. As a result, Chinchou will not be able to wall this set.

4 Atk Life Orb Regice Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Eviolite Chinchou: 153-182 (43.2 - 51.4%) -- 98% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Earthquake also allows you to hit steels like Probopass without potentially missing Focus Blast and can hit tankier SpDef Mons like AV Muk, so that's also a plus. although outside of hitting those mons, it's probably generally more useful to use the special attacks.
Let's keep playing the 'slap eq on various mons' game
Tect this is your time

Politoed @ Leftovers
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Earthquake

See, nobody, and I mean nobody, expects Earthquake from Politoed. Hell, I had no clue that Poli even learned Eq when the based lord Tect told me. Chinchou is the perfect Politoed switchin 99% most of the time, but when this hits you...

0- Atk Politoed Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Eviolite Chinchou: 144-170 (40.6 - 48%) -- 62.1% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

No, you can't 2HKO right off the bat. Yes, you can force a Chinchou to take 20% without Resting.

If that isn't a lure, I have never known what a lure is.

(In case you were wondering about the set, 216 EVs hits 230 speed, enough for +speed nature Cacturne.)
Vote for you favorite lure!
P.S if you pick one of slowbroths lures specify which one please :).

EnemyJurist Wins congratz!
This time around the lure is gonna be Roselia :).
upload_2016-10-7_18-25-33.png

Roselia @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Def / 224 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spikes
- Synthesis
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain

Reactions: TJ

TJ

Banned deucer.
is the Smogon Tour Season 34 Championis a Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
gourgeist-super.gif

Gourgeist-Super @ Life Orb
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 16 HP / 252 Atk / 240 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Explosion
- Rock Slide
- Seed Bomb
- Shadow Sneak

Normally, Roselia checks Gourgiest-Super very well, however offensive Gourgiest-Super with Explosion can lure it in and OHKO it!
252+ Atk Life Orb Gourgeist-Super Explosion vs. 252 HP / 32 Def Eviolite Roselia: 380-447 (125 - 147%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Gourgeist-Super Explosion vs. 252 HP / 32 Def Eviolite Roselia: 346-408 (113.8 - 134.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

THE UGLY DUCKLING

Thinking of a lure for sp def roselia was actually pretty hard. But shout out to reverse aim for helping me with the calcs.
Normally roselia is a fantastic switch in to pelipper because it eats scalds and doesn't care about the burns, while roselia can really hurt pelipper or put something to sleep. But with this set, surprise madafaka, hurricane packs a big punch and easily 2hkos roselia.
Now why would you use offensive peli over swanna? For couple of reasons, one the surprise factor of stab hurricane by hitting mons like a roselia, gourgeist or luminion that are more than comfortably switching into a defensive Pelipper.Two it still counters threats like monferno that offensive swanna simply can't (it can only check it). And lastly stab hydro pump.
As for the EVs, 180 speed lets it outspeed up to max speed cacturn. 220 sp atk is the bare minimum to a guarantee 2hko on Rose, and the rest goes into HP while 4 def is just to make the HP and odd number.

Pelipper @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 104 HP / 4 Def / 220 SpA / 180 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Hurricane
- Roost
- Defog

220 SpA Pelipper Hurricane vs. 252 HP / 224+ SpD Eviolite Roselia: 152-180 (50 - 59.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Floatzel @ Life Orb
Ability: Water Veil
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 Spa / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Aqua Jet
- Ice Punch

This is a semi-standard set, but I rarely see it now, so I'm posting it. Chip Rose to about 60%, use a special move to revenge kill something, let Rose come in to check Float, and knock it out with Ice Punch. Alternately, Ice Punch on the Rose switchin and 2HKO.

Last edited:

Simipour @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Knock Off
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot

Mixed Life Orb Simipour is a great lure for Roselia as you can knock off its Eviolite and then proceed to knock it out most of the time with Ice Beam (guaranteed after Stealth Rock or Spike damage). This is a pretty reliable lure as even if your opponent switches before the ice beam, Roselia is still permanently crippled due to the lack of Eviolite.

4 Atk Life Orb Simipour Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 32 Def Eviolite Roselia: 105-125 (34.5 - 41.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 SpA Life Orb Simipour Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 224+ SpD Roselia: 179-213 (58.8 - 70%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Reactions: TJ

LordST

Dormi Bene Duce
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
RBTT Champion
Completely Viable Roselia Lures

Captain Falcon (Ampharos) @ Life Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Volt Switch
- Focus Blast
- Fire Punch
- Thunderbolt

Ampharos is an incredibly safe switch in for Roselia. It resists all of Ampharos attacks except Hp ice which does at best about 40% with specs. Lo Fire Punch changes all of this. With a Quiet Nature Amphy has a guaranteed 2hko on standard Spdef Roselia after rocks. If your heart so desires, 124 Atk investment will net you a 2hko on Roselia from full.

124 Atk Life Orb Ampharos Fire Punch vs. 252 HP / 32 Def Eviolite Roselia: 153-182 (50.3 - 59.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

0 Atk Life Orb Ampharos Fire Punch vs. 252 HP / 32 Def Eviolite Roselia: 133-156 (43.7 - 51.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Politoed @ Choice Specs
EVs: 120 HP / 252 SpA / 136 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Scald / Focus Blast
So heres a bit of a more serious lure. Spdef Roselia can pretty safely switch in to Politoed as it only takes 37% max from Ice Beam and doesn't mind Scald burns because of Natural Cure. Specs Ice Beam easily 2hkos Rose after rocks The last move is flexible; Scald gives you a reliable stab that can also spread burns while Focus Blast does more damage to Lapras and Audino.

0 SpA Roselia Giga Drain vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Politoed: 164-194 (42.8 - 50.6%) -- 1.6% chance to 2HKO

credit to LST, fire punch amphy is pretty cool and innovative, but in terms of actually using the sets in a competitive setting, i'd probably use Electabuzz more often than Amphy. as a result I felt that mixed Buzz would be superior at luring Roselia, due to it being slightly more viable and having a higher physical attack stat.

Mixed Electabuzz

Electabuzz @ Life Orb
Ability: Vital Spirit
Hasty Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Ice Punch

So Electabuzz does everything that Ampharos would do, but a bit better. Since Rose usually takes negligible damage from HP Ice, Ice Punch is used to pick up the 2hko on rose after rocks. Ice Punch also retains that Ice coverage that Electabuzz still needs for ground types.

4 Atk Life Orb Electabuzz Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 32 Def Eviolite Roselia: 143-169 (47 - 55.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Electabuzz's ability, Vital Spirit, is also relevant in the sense that it can switch into a predicted Sleep Powder and not be affected by it.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)