ORAS LC MaGGby gang - Peaked #5

Do you think than basic Meowth still best than Alolan Meowth ?

• Total voters
Hey, hello everyone, I'm Kurukaito, and I'm here today for my first RMT with a LC team. The origin of the name of this team is not hard to find because it is consistent with the team, just put Magby and nobody can stop it. ( or almost ) Let's go for an overview of this team.

Overview:

The team is based on Magby, the team focuses on Magby support to enable it to sweep. There is also Fletcling to sweep after the opponent team are weaken. Foongus to spore, Fletchling to revenge kill...

The team detail & teambuilding process:

Magby @ Berry Juice
Ability: Vital Spirit
Level: 5
EVs: 236 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Belly Drum
- Fire Punch
- Mach Punch
- Return

So first, I started to build with this basic set. 29 HP IVs is necessary to have pairs HP, so use Berry Juice after a Belly Drum. Berry Juice is also necessary to restore all HPs of Magby after a Belly Drum. I prefer Vital Spirit than Flame Body, cause I can come to a Spore of Fooongus, but both can be played. 236 Atk / 252 Spe Jolly is here for maximise the attack and the speed to reach 19. The attacks are basic, first Belly drum, obviously, after Fire Punch for the big STAB, Mach Punch for the priority and pass the Pawniard's Sucker Punch, Fletchling's Acrobatics and more, and finnaly Return, to OHKO Chinchou and Shellder.

Foongus @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 124 HP / 160 Def / 160 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Magby, Foongus and Staryu form a good Fire Water Grass core, HP Fire on Foongus is here to check Ferroseed, that without Magby is hard to manage. He give to me a free switch in to Water type like Chinchou who is neccesary for Magby, and a free switch in to other type like Fairy, Fight, Grass and Electric but be careful of Knock Off on Foongus who can be annoying. With Regenerator, ha can come in the ground a lot of time and Spore the opponent team, giving more opportunity for Magby to place his Belly Drum and sweep.

Staryu @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 116 HP / 156 Def / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Psychic
- Recover

Staryu is here to complete the FWG core, and check Ground, and Fire type who is annoying either for Magby, either for foongus. A bulky spread with evio and max speed to reach 19 and be on speed tie with Abra, Aipom, Ponyta etc. Psychic is here to check better Fight type and touch Croagunk that is immune to attacks of Water type. Recover to restore his HPs, and Rapid Spin to give to the team a nice Hazard Control.

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 156 Atk / 36 Def / 116 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Stealth Rock

After, I see I'm pretty weak to Munchlax, Porygon, Gothita, Vullaby, Fletchling and Abra. So I add Pawniard to pressure them all. Classic set with Eviolite, and Stealth Rock to have a rock set uper on my team. Knock Off put a good pressure to all Pokemon because they don't want to lose their items. Iron Head for the second STAB and do so much damage if he no longer has his Eviolite, and have a little chance to flinch. Finnaly, Sucker Punch for STAB priority, and break the sash to abra, or revenge kill some Pokemon.

Fletchling
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 156 HP / 196 Atk / 92 Def / 52 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- U-turn
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Then, I expected Fletchling will be cool, because he can revenge kill some Pokemon like Fight type, Bellsprout on sun, Diglett and do so much damage to some Pokemon with bad physical bulk. I choose a bulky Fletchling, Adamant, max attack without item to do the maximum damage with Acrobatics. Swords Dance to sweep if the rest of the team is weaken, Roost to restore him HPs and lose Fly type and so take neutral damage to rock attack after a Roost, and U-Turn to take the avantage of switch.

Abra @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 36 Atk / 240 SpA / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Energy Ball

Finnaly, my last mon is Abra. I needed a solid check to Scraggy because a Acrobatic of Fletchling doesn't kill Scraggy if he is full life, and the rest of the team can be sweeped by him. I choose sash set, the best cause I can set up sweepers. Basic set, full speed to reach 19 speed, Psychic for the big stab, Dazzling Gleam to OHKO Scraggy and do good damage to Vullaby, HP Fight to OHKO Pawniard et Energy Ball to OHKO some Pokemon like Shellder, Omanyte, Tirtouga, Onyx...

Threatlist:

Elekid
: Elekid physical or special put a lot of pressure on my team, cause Thunderbolt/Volt switch to a lot of damage to Staryu, Magby, Fletchling and Abra, Cross Chop/Hp Fight OHKO Pawniard, Psychic/Fire Punch do also good damage to Foongus.

Porygon
: Porygon can be annoying for my team, the bulky attacker with Hp Fight/Fire, Tri Attack, and Psychic/Ice Beam put a good pressure on me.

Ponyta
: Ponyta can put a good presure, with his high speed of 19 speed, he his on speed tie with Abra, Staryu and Magby. With Wild Charge he can do the 2HKO to Staryu, and put a good pressure with Will-O-Wisp on my team. Magby take the 2HKO by Ponyta's Flare Blitz.

Abra
: I can easily kill Abra with my team, but I don't have switch in to.

Staryu
: With him awesome movepool, he can put a lot of pressure on my team.

Conclusion:

This team is cool, nice to play and competitive viable. Try to set up Rocks to break Diglett's Sash and Sturdy, eliminate Pokemon like Onyx and place Magby or Fletchling to finish the game. I do an episode of Road to Top 10, and I ladder to the place of 5 with this team.
Thanks to have reading this RMT, sorry if sometime my english is bad. :) See you next time.

Magby @ Berry Juice
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 236 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Belly Drum
- Fire Punch
- Mach Punch
- Return

Foongus @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 124 HP / 160 Def / 160 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Staryu @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 116 HP / 156 Def / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Psychic
- Recover

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 156 Atk / 36 Def / 116 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Stealth Rock

Fletchling
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 156 HP / 196 Atk / 92 Def / 52 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- U-turn
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Abra @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 36 Atk / 240 SpA / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Energy Ball

Last edited:

sam-testings

What a beautiful face, I have found in this place
Hi there, nice team =)

Here are a couple of changes that you can make to your sets. First of all, you could change HP Fire on Foongus to HP Fight. Your team does not have a super reliable Pawniard check, and it would be a good idea to have as many ways to get rid of Pawniard as possible as it can trouble your team. Nothing really enjoys switching into it, and it can do quite a number on this team.

Another change that would be quite nice would be changing Energy Ball to Knock Off on Abra. This would soften up tanky walls to allow for a better Magby sweep, seeing that your only mon with Knock Off is Pawniard.

i think magby gets thunder punch too.

Yes, I thinked for Thuner Punch on Magby, but I think I've some thngs for Frilisk like foongus spore + giga drain, Pawniard Knock etc. But yes It can cool as Hp fight on guss :) Abra Knock can be a good idea, I will be test this change :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)