Manectric

Since fighting one online, I decided to make one and luckily got hidden power ice on my 2nd egg with near perfect IV pokemon and one that had 26 IV's in defense. I'm still trying to decide whether it was the right choice to go Modest. I can give it light screen, wide-guard, or fake out support to protect it from dying on turn one if it does happen to get outsped so it's not like it's the most frail thing ever. It still can't outspeed pokemon like Starmie or Greninja with a Timid nature without mega evolving anyway (both of which will likely switch out on you whether you're timid or modest) and pokemon that are over 369 speed can't really OH-KO it that easily with the above support. I want to ensure it can OH-KO pokemon like Amoongus, Ferrothorn, Scizor, etc with overheat and am wondering if Modest would be enough to make a difference in doing that with 205 sp. atk (also whether the power difference would be enough to ensure some pokemon are a 2 hit kill instead of a 3 hit kill).

187 special attack with a timid nature seems a tad underwhelming even at 205 speed due to the nerfs towards a lot of the special moves it can use including hidden power. It needs all the power it can get with the nerfed special moves since it's speed is still pretty excellent after mega evolving on a neutral speed nature.

You can do a series of things to counter this:
1) rebreed for timid nature
2) use fake out support like you suggested
3) first turn protect since manectric's speed boost from mega evolution doesn't come into play until the turn after he evolves

I would personally recommend rebreeding because he really acts as a major intimidate supporter more than he does a sweeper

This is my set:

Manectric: Lightning rod-Mega stone
Timid

Overheat
Volt switch
Protect
Hidden Power (Ice)

8 def/ 252 spatk/ 248 spd

The 8 def is to counter his loss in def from the 30 IV in def
Volt switching allows his intimidate spamming with stab (which still hits quite hard IMO)
Overheat because I run him on a sunny day team and to counter steel threats like scizor or tanky bug/steel types
Protect for his first turn delay in speed (if necessary) and general protection
and hidden power ice because screw garchomp/any other douchey dragon

Hope this helps message me if you want some help or to make a trade as well because I still have my perfect 5IV parents

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)