SPOILERS! Mantine Surf Discussion and Records

20180105_220223.jpg
Here's my record for Ula' Ula Island
In this run I didn't quite get my actual record so I don't know which one will count but I didn't get a picture of when I got my actual record

Nice, just got a decent Normal Course (Mele-Mele) run. There may still be potential for a way better score tho. Unlike my Hyper Course, i definitely think I will be able beat this one again some time.

Attachments

Although not optimized, im going to post my other records too. Im not going to play those two runs anytime soon (probably). Those records are kinda old (mid-December I think). While Akala had only one or two major mistakes, the Poni record run was rather bad.
My current records:
Normal: 116.792
Super: 166.037
Hyper: 222.414
Master: 222.634

Attachments

Last edited:

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Leaderboards updated. Interesting to see Dr. Igor present some competition and top TheMan(tyke) himself! It's interesting that you beat the records by at least two or three full air times each—is there anything special about your strategy and approach to the game? Are we missing out on something here? Or do you just route your plays meticulously to optimise the currently known "jump when the air turns orange" strategy?

Actually I battled the whole months of November and December up until the 31st with a friend of mine over our personal records. He just seems too lazy to submit his scores, despite them being very close to mine. We figured out the most things (mentioned before in this thread) by ourselvesand came up with different routes and ideas. The basic thing is: Only go with orange speed, try not to dodge (only dodge when it doesnt waste a lot of time). By dodging you potentially waste the time for an additional jump or even more on every wave. I actually prefer Primarina->Starmie but I guess thats just personal preference. You can actually do 3 jumps on the first small wave, but it seems to be very difficult and most of my runs only get two of them (my Ula-Ula actually got 3). The problem aboout that thing is the inconsistency... I have not been able to figure out a consistent strategy yet.

And as I said before try to cut every dodge as close as you can. (And dont avoid resetting bad runs, saving a lot of time). Audio cues can be very helpful as well. It is probably all about practice. The last record we competed over was Ula-Ula. A very good idea to try to get your record higher is to chat while you compete with other people. This actually helped me avoid choking a few records by taking away a lot of pressure. the grind for Ula-Ula was really disgusting tho (same with Akala but that one is improvable for me). Final words: F***Master Course and everything it stands for ;(.
Edit2: Acceleration back to orange speedis also of big importance to not lose time (and jumps of course).

Last edited:
I love this minigame so much that I have been playing it more than actual pokemon xD. it is easily my favorite mini game of all time. I only started looking into getting high scores the other day and mantyke's posts have shown me that I have a lot to optimize. I haven't broken any of my old records with the new techniques yet my scores are still decent

Normal: 75,306
Super: 127,287
Hyper: 155,648
Master: 157,771

Edit: Here are screenshots
Normal: Super: Hyper: Master:

Last edited:

Max. Optimizer

free to be the greatest
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Alright fellow surfers, I welcome the opportunity to share my surfing highscores with you:

Last edited:
So this thread is pretty much dead but I just got sick new score on the Super Course and wanted to post it. I also realized that all of my scores I had posted were out of date so I'm Posting updated scores

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)