SM Ubers Marshadow and Friends (Rmt peaked 275 on the ladder)

Hey guys! I'm a bit new to RMT but decided to do one with a team I built around Ultra Necrozma. It served me pretty well on the ladder and even got me to 275 there when I took the screenshot
-Proof of peak-
View attachment 97759

So the team itself is pretty basic but effective in my opinion

View attachment 97768

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Nuzzle
- Spore
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock

For the hazard setter, I opted for smeargle over some other pokemon such as primal groudon or shuckle. This is largely in part due to the fact that I want to get both rocks and webs up to apply pressure on them to defog or just slow down their team in general, while spreading status through the means of nuzzle and spore. I'm running own tempo here over technician just for the very rare chance of some move possibly confusing it. But other than that, it's a fairly reliable pokemon, but it also is predictable as well.

View attachment 97767

Marshadow @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Rock Tomb
- Shadow Sneak
- Spectral Thief

One of the key pokemon to this team is Marshadow. He is one of the pokemon that just prevents setups through his own existence and through focus can even steal some setups. His set is fairly standard in my opinion, with rock tomb to cover flying types and the other 3 just being STAB, he serves as a valuable member to the team through coverage, good stats, and versatility.

View attachment 97766

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 100 SpD / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Grass Knot
- Aromatherapy

Xerneas is one of the main sweepers of this team. I used the smogon recommended spread of ev's on it, but the set is where the versatility comes in. I obviously run the Geomancy/Moonblast combo but the other two moves are where it really helps. Aromatherapy is used to remove status on not only xerneas but other mons who could get it as well, while grass knot does a lot do both primal groudon and primal kyogre

View attachment 97765

Arceus-Steel @ Iron Plate
Ability: Multitype
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Another potential sweeper on the team. I originally put it in to be a check to xerneas, but it also ended up working against so many others that I highly recommend giving this pokemon a shot. It not only checks xerneas, but can also be a check to pokemon who rely on toxic to kill, such as Lugia and is immune to poison in general so it can freely switch in on toxic spikes as well.

View attachment 97764

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Dragon Tail
- Shadow Force
- Defog

Giratina acts as my defogger as well as phaser. He also can be useful and switch into the likes of primal groudon, primal kyogre, and mega blaziken, and can weaken opposing marshadow through the means of shadow sneak. Overall, it's pretty useful due to its wonderful typing, amazing bulk and just usage.

View attachment 97763

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Ultranecrozium Z
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Photon Geyser
- Earthquake
- Dragon Pulse

Finally, here comes Necrozma, while the dragon pulse with a jolly nature seems weird, it's useful when fighting opposing necrozmas, when you're in its ultra form. there's a 75% chance to OHKO even with a jolly nature. Other than that, the other moves are just for setup and coverage.

Some threats to the team include: Life orb/ scarf yveltal, Arceus-fairy, Gengar-mega, and salamence-mega.

Importable
https://pokepast.es/87dff15ae485e7a6

Hope you enjoyed and thanks for reading!

>Shoutouts<
Pokemon Fire Island Ruins
BanDisnDatnMe
Jason-Williams
Alex (Bear)
Adam

Stoward

Ah, you're finally awake
Hi, welcome to RMT! It's an interesting team that you've got there! Ultra Necrozma can be a lot of fun to use. My biggest issue with this team that you've got at the moment is its structure. The first member of the team that you have is Smeargle, which would imply that you wish to build a Hyper Offense (HO) team with a dedicated lead and then 5 offensive mons, which is a solid playstyle - honestly one of my personal favourites - however, when the remainder of the team doesn't really quite fit into a HO archetype. Many of the mons on this team ultimately end up contradicting each other's roles and you end up failing to effectively offensively or defensively (depending on what sort of playstyle you're aiming for) check the majority of the Ubers tier. That being said, despite these flaws, with a few changes, I believe this team can become a decent structure for you to work with to make a decent HO based around Ultra Necrozma.

MAJOR CHANGES:
>

While Smeargle is a great dedicated lead, it's really not doing your team any favours. It doesn't really have the bulk or speed to get up two entry hazards, it isn't running taunt, magic coat or rapid spin to prevent your opponents from setting hazards and Sticky web doesn't really help your team at all. If you were to run a sticky webs HO, I'd honestly recommend this set:
Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sticky Web
- Rapid Spin
- Nuzzle
- Spore

That being said though, I feel like in order to make this team an effective webs HO, I'd have to deviate too far away from the original team, so I felt that Deoxys-S would be the best option here. It's more reliable than Smeargle - or just about any other dedicated lead for that matter - at setting entry hazards and you'll find it easier for every single member of your team to get KOs. The set I had in mind was the standard analysis one that runs:
Deoxys-Speed @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Skill Swap
- Spikes

The set is pretty straightforward. Stealth Rock and Spikes are your main entry hazards, punishing anything that switches in, Taunt prevents your opponent from setting up, setting their own entry hazards and removing them with Defog, and Skill Swap allows you to deal with Magic Bounce users such as Mega Sableye or Mega Diancie. Magic Coat can also be used in order to deal with opposing Suicide Leads such as opposing Deoxys-S, Smeargle, and Shuckle or to deal with the rare prankster users. It's also worth noting that running Stealth Rock on Deoxys-S means that other teammates such as Ultra Necrozma or Primal Groudon don't have to run it.

>

Giratina-O really doesn't perform very well on HO archetypes. Running a defogger on a HO is kinda counterproductive, as you're completely undoing the work that your dedicated lead has already done, thus making them a wasted member of your team. While it's 120 attack stat isn't by any means bad. Giratina's job really isn't to be an offensive presence.

Yveltal however seems like a brilliant addition to the team, as it provides you with an answer to Pokemon that commonly threaten Ultra Necrozma such as Mega Gengar, opposing Yveltal, and Marshadow. It is also useful for wearing down common Xerneas checks such as Primal Groudon, Necrozma-DM and Ferrothorn. The set I had in mind was the standard Life Orb set which runs.
Yveltal @ Life Orb
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Oblivion Wing
- Dark Pulse
- Knock Off
- Taunt

The set itself is pretty straightforward. Oblivion Wing is an 80 Base-Power STAB move that hits most of the tier for neutral damage since Flying-type resists are rare, and also provides Yveltal with Recovery. Dark Pulse is another STAB move that when combined with Dark Aura and Life Orb damage can be quite hard for offensive teams to switch into. Knock off removes items, which is great when dealing with choice-locked mons or for removing more passive Pokemon's leftovers and Taunt stops slower, more passive Pokemon from spreading status or removing hazards and other general utility moves.

>

Arceus Steel really doesn't perform well in the Ubers tier. Steel is a neat defensive typing, but offensively it's rather mediocre - other than bopping Fairies. Honestly, if you wanted a Steel-type that abuses webs, I'd recommend showing Mega Lucario some love. If you want to run a SD Arceus Forme that can actually threaten the majority of the tier, I'd be more inclined to be running something like Arceus-Ground or E-killer Arceus. Oh and btw
+2 252+ SpA Xerneas Focus Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Arceus-Steel: 494-582 (129.6 - 152.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Personally though, what I found best for this team is adding Primal Groudon to it. Primal Groudon is easily the best Pokemon in the Ubers tier and is nigh mandatory on just about every Ubers team. Since this is a HO Archetype, I decided that the best set for Primal Groudon would be a Mixed Rock Polish set, since it's typically a pain to switch into.

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 252 SpA / 100 SpD / 156 Spe
Mild Nature
- Rock Polish
- Fire Blast
- Precipice Blades
- Hidden Power [Ice]

To put this simply, Max SpA allows Primal Groudon to have maximum damage output. 100 SpD allows it to survive any hit from Xerneas and 156 Spe lets it hit 255 Speed, speed tying with Xerneas before it boosts with Geomancy and also allows it to outpace any neutral natured Necrozma forme. Fire Blast hits basically anything that isn't a Dragon Type, Primal Kyogre and Arceus-Water. Precipice Blades allows Primal Groudon to threaten opposing Primal Groudons, as well as Special walls such as Blissey and Chansey. Hidden Power Ice allows Primal Groudon to deal with Mega Salamence, Rayquaza and Zygarde-C.

MINOR CHANGES

>

I dislike Focus Sash Marshadow on HO teams. The sash becomes useless the second your opponent sets a single entry hazard, also the idea behind a HO is so that you don't give your opponent any opportunity to set up. It seems more worthwhile to run a Life Orb so that Marshadow is actually able to more effectively deal with common threats. and give more offensive pressure, rather than relying on stealing opponent's boosts.

Focus Blast>Grass Knot
Thunder>Aromatherapy

I dislike the two coverage moves that you've opted to run on Xerneas. While a +2 Grass Knot does OHKO Primal Groudon, it renders Xerneas absolutely useless against Ho-Oh (which this team really doesn't have much coverage for), Necrozma-DM, Magearna, Ferrothorn, Celesteela, and Arceus Steel. Aromatherapy might also be a brilliant move, but it's also kind of a momentum drain really and I can only really justify using it on Choice Scarf sets. Some might argue that you can run Aromatherapy on Geomancy sets due to the small amount of switchins it runs, but I really disagree with that and say that you're missing out on valuable coverage moves.

While I can get behind not having to rely on Focus Blast and Thunder to sweep since they're 70% accurate moves in order for Xerneas to sweep, and ideally when using Xerneas, you want all your opponents to be worn down to being in range of a +2 Moonblast, I don't really see there ever being better coverage options (unless Gen 8 decides to bless Xerneas with Earth Power).

Stone Edge>Dragon Pulse
Personally don't see opposing Ultra-Necrozma's enough to justify running this. Most people tend to run Necrozma-Dm instead of Ultra-Necrozma, and as I mentioned earlier, this team really doesn't have that many ways to deal with Ho-Oh, so Stone Edge seems a lot more optimal. Also it hits Yveltal, which is really neat. That being said though, Xerneas can potentially be rather problematic, so Sunsteel Strike could be potentially used over Stone Edge.

Deoxys-Speed @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Skill Swap

Marshadow @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Rock Tomb
- Shadow Sneak
- Spectral Thief

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 100 SpD / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Focus Blast

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Ultranecrozium Z
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Photon Geyser
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Yveltal @ Life Orb
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Oblivion Wing
- Dark Pulse
- Knock Off
- Taunt

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 252 SpA / 100 SpD / 156 Spe
Mild Nature
- Rock Polish
- Fire Blast
- Precipice Blades
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Anyway, I hope you appreciate the feedback that I've provided you with and enjoy using the team with its changes. I'll admit that this team is far from perfect. It dislikes dealing with Arceus-Water, Primal Kyogre also claims a KO basically every time it comes in (that said, HO really doesn't have any options for Primal Kyogre other than Primal Groudon). It also dislikes dealing with anti-leads such as Excadrill and Cloyster that can spin away Deoxys-S' hazards and set up their own hazards. Xerneas is also a pain to deal with and your means of hitting Ho-Oh is rather limited. Marshadow can also be quite threatening, as this team doesn't really have Speed Control. So it's crucial to keep Yveltal and Xerneas healthy if you face a Marshadow. Also, considering that this team doesn't have a flying resist after Necrozma-DM becomes Ultra-Necromza, Mega Salamence and Arceus-Flying can potentially be problematic. I really enjoyed rating this team, and I'm always open to any sort of feedback. Also if you have any Ubers related or teambuilding related questions, feel free to ask :]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)