Medical Research

I'm not sure this is the right place, but I was wondering if anyone knew of anywhere in or near Noth Carolina (in the US) where I could go to be paid to have my Tourette's Syndrome studied. Any suggestions on where to go/look would be appreciated. Again, my apooligies if this is the wrong place.

You might try seeing if there are any studies through the Duke and UNC hospitals and psychology departments.

Jorgen

World's Strongest Fairy
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Nowadays, payment incentives for human research volunteers is generally frowned upon due to ethical and sampling concerns (it doesn't stop people from incentivizing participation, but payment is very regulated). If it's money you're after, looking down another avenue is probably best; being a test subject isn't exactly the best way to make money. If the main thing you want is participation in studies of your condition, you can look up the psych departments of local universities and see what ongoing studies are being undertaken by students and professors. I know my school's psych department website has a link to a whole database of psychology studies that one can log into and browse through. Something like "psych.universityname.edu" or "www.universityname.edu/psych(ology)" would be a good place to start.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)