Mega Audino the new doubles master?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since Audino has recently had its mega 'leaked' it has been shown that it has kept the healer ability which has a 30% chance of healing your ally's status problm. This is a great ability for doubles as you can stall to get the ability to activate and you will get a free heal of annoying status problems such as paralysis, freeze, sleep and so on.Also with the heal pulse move Audino can heal its partners hp which when you are in a tight spot a heal of your health and status problem can be a game changer. Audino also has some nice bulk which could help stall for its ability not to mention the boost it will get from mega evolving. Whilst this is all true one thing to keep in mind is that both chansey and blissey have higher hp stats and sp def plus chansey can hold the eviolite. They can both have healer and heal pulse however Audino has a higher defence stat making it have a little more variety on what type of wall you might want it to be. Again unlike chansey and blissey Audino has a more balance in attack which could mean if you wanted it defensive u could do either impish or bold without lowering its speed stat. So overall do I think Audino will be the next doubles champ not really but I do think it will be very a usefull stall/support pokemon in doubles and mabye sometimes in singles. However one thing to note is that Audino is taking up a mega spot for a pokemon that needs it, you can use chansey and still keep your mega slot. Please also voice your opinion on the matter too thanks!

Last edited:
The problem with using mega audino will be that it uses up your mega slot. There are a lot of other really good pokemon in doubles that would like to mega evolve, and I'm not sure how useful a support role of healer and heal pulse is, coming from something that will likely have little offensive presence in a fast paced meta like doubles.

Audino is basically Cresselia with worse bulk, better typing, Heal Pulse and Healer. I can't see it being worth the mega slot outside of full Trick Room teams that aren't already using Mawile or Kangaskhan.

Doubles is incredibly offensive-based and even in the case of Trick Room like the above stated, there are far better options, and given that 99.9% of Trick Room teams are going to be hyper offensive, Mega Audino can't even slot itself into that. It's going to be very niche and even new-meta given it probably won't find a place on anything current meta.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)