Ability: Skill Link
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Lax Nature
- Ice Shard
- Surf
- Icicle Spear
- Toxic

This pokemon is the main defensive tank of the team, along with a great special sweeper. The Lax nature allows for an even higher defense stat, but it results in an extremely low special defense. I always will switch out if the opponent has a pokemon with a high special stat . Cloister also can do a lot of damage with Icicle Spear, due to it hitting 5 times every single time because of the skill link ability. Overall, Cloyster is a great pokemon, but it is easily taken down by special attackers.

Beedrill-Mega @ Beedrillite
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Brave Nature
- Poison Jab
- Toxic
- U-turn
- Roost

Bedroll is the main sweeper of the team. after meat evolving, it's speed stat is high enough to outspeed most things. If you get into a bad situation, you can always U-turn out and switch to a better pokemon. Poison Jab allows for a chance to poison without wasting a turn. If you are low on health you can use roost, so it's extremely hard to kill it. It can also use toxic to poison a pokemon if it is needed.

Delphox @ Leftovers
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 224 SpA / 252 SpD / 32 Spe
Gentle Nature
- Calm Mind
- Flamethrower
- Psychic
- Grass Knot

Delphox is a special attacker combined with a special tank. It's high special defense makes it a great choice to switch out to when cloister is in trouble, and vice versa. It has calm mind to raise it's special attack and defense, it's two main stats. Psychic is a great special move along with flamethrower, and both have stab which is good. Grass Knot is mainly for coverage, allowing it to have a good move against water types.

Sceptile @ Choice Specs
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Energy Ball
- Giga Drain
- Dragon Pulse
- Toxic

Sceptile is a great speedy special attack, and with the choice specs he is even stronger. However, he lacks the ability to tank hits. Normally, you shouldn't keep him in against pokemon with high power moves to avoid having him KO'd. Toxic is just so that you can poison a pokemon if need be.

Espeon @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball

Espeon is a great special attack, but lacks the ability to take hits just like S ceptile. This is why Espeon possesses the focus sash. Calm mind is mostly to post it's special attack, but the special defense boost helps too. Psychic and Psyshock are both great psychic type mo vis, and shadow ball is great for coverage.

Machamp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Cross Chop
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Dynamic Punch

Machamp is a little bit of a tank, but mostly an all out hard hitter. His rocky helmet is there for any pokemon trying to attack him, so he can damage them a little. With the no guard ability, dynamic punch will hit every time. This is a huge advantage, considering it normally only hits 50% of the time. This allows for a move that confuses the target, had 100 power, and never misses. Earthquake is there for coverage, and knock off is there to dispatch of any annoying items the opponents team may hold. Cross Chop is great for it's high crit ratio, in case the game is down to the wire and you need a one hit KO.

Last edited:

Killintime

Time not so well spent
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
*Breathes In* Oh boy, alright dude you seem a tad bit new to UU so let me push you in the right direction with this one.

-So right off the bat I looked at all your sets and was astonished at the EV spreads, moveset, and items. So I feel its safe to assume you don't bother with using standard sets, which is fine as long as they still work......and I can tell a lot of these won't so to begin with cloyster:

Cloyster @ Focus Sash
Naive Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Hydro Pump
- Shell Smash
- Explosion

• Alright the set you were using relied on using cloysters defences with specs. With cloysters abysmal 50 HP stat its quite an illusion as you arent amazingly bulky just a tad a bit above average allowing you take some interesting hits when uninvested such as aeros stone edge. So to take advantage of this natural bulk we can run shell smash and a mixed movepool to break the mons that normally get in your way. The sash allows you to setup on anything while synergizing with espeon to keep the rocks off the field and the sash intact. Explosion allows you to remove bulky waters from the field with the boost from shell smash in order to allow mons like your beedrill or espeon to deliver more pain. The speed allows you to outpace all the scarfers in the tier once you're boosted.
-Next up I looked at your beedrill and it really puzzled me, allow me to explain:

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Poison Jab
- Drill Run
- U-turn
- Protect

• So the nature you were running is called brave and what it does is remove 10% of your speed and adds 10% attack now do you see the issue here? Besides the fact beedrill has a sp.attack stat of 15 meaning it cant even utilise moves like giga drain to hit swampert, you have decided to remove the main thing which makes beedrill viable with its abysmal 40 defence state speed. Beedrill will much rather appreciate a jolly nature which drops its useless sp.attack stat which it has no use for and increases its speed allowing it to outpace every non scarfed mon in UU besides mega aerodactly and mega sceptile which it speed ties with. I removed your roost because the amount of times beedrill gets the chance to heal itself is so low since even resisted hits murder this poor thing. Instead we give it protect in order for it to mega safely since the turn it megas it retains its base form speed meaning its slow as shit. The drill run>toxic allows you to hit steel types like cobalion on switch in for massive damage.
-After that I looked at your team and noticed you are horribly weak to aerodactly and entei, you also lacked stealth rocks so to fix this:
---------->

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Roar

• Delphox really wasnt doing much for you since the tiers main special attackers laugh at it and simply murder it on switch in anyways besides maybe like a specs sylveon missing shadow ball? So instead if we just replace it with swampert we get an aero check, stealth rocks, entei check, overall physical wall, and volt switch blocker. Roar allows you to phase mons like gyra trying to setup and win against you, stealth rocks punish your opponent for switching actively.
-With that out of the way I try to address your fighting, fairy weakness a bit, and to remove a little of the pressure off of swampert by removing a sub par special attacker :
-------->

Doublade @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Shadow Sneak
- Shadow Claw

• Now there is a good reason sceptile sits below RU usage, and that is its lack of power, defences, and coverage. Normally when a mon lacks something it has something in return to make up for it, sadly this is not the case with sceptile with the only thing it has going for it being its speed. So we can try and offer you a way of dealing with fighting types a lot better by giving you an immunity to fighting stab makign people more likely to click knock off instead versus your team. Let me be clear in saying this: doublade gets 2hkoed by hyper voice if its a specs sylveon so dont switch it in unless you're trying to sack it. With how your team is so offensive specs sylveon shouldn't be too much of a problem to begin with since you have a one time switch in beedrill and the rest of the team barring like pert deal heavy damage to sylveon before going down. Sword dance gives you a decent win condition with priority and strong stab in iron head.
-With the way the team is we should punish rocks by running specs on your espeon:

Espeon @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Signal Beam
- Baton Pass
- Grass Knot

• The psyshock allows you to hit sylveon harder since your team already gets murdered by it so simply sacking espeon to severely damage it is worth it. The baton pass allows you to switch out if a dude has a mon like an empoleon in the back which will hard wall you and you expect him to go into it; this allows you to check if he switched into it or not and play according to that. The signal beam allows you to revenge celebi 100% of the time as well as still hit other psychics. Grass knot can be switched to dazzling gleam but with the dreigon suspect going on right now I dont see much point in it besides removing some prediction burdens.
-Finally I saw you were running a weird machamp which is already being overshadowed by another mon right now:
------->

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Thunder Punch
- Mach Punch

• Conk carries a bit more bulk than machamp and is a lot more sustainable since it can recover some HP with drain punch. Assault vest gives you a decent special pivot since you were lacking that even with delphox, while guts also offers you the option to switch into scald and not care about a burn. The thunder punch prevents gyarados from setting up on you and allows you to 1v1 cm suicune. Mach punch is great hard hitting priority which your team was lacking.
Honestly even after all these fixes the team is quite a bit wonky, but this is the best I could think of to try and at least make it viable, but I am sure you were just aiming to have fun so that doesnt really matter. Maybe someone else will lend a hand if they can improve on this a bit more. There are things I could see changing but if I did anymore you couldn't really call this your team anymore. good luck dude.

*Breathes In* Oh boy, alright dude you seem a tad bit new to UU so let me push you in the right direction with this one.

-So right off the bat I looked at all your sets and was astonished at the EV spreads, moveset, and items. So I feel its safe to assume you don't bother with using standard sets, which is fine as long as they still work......and I can tell a lot of these won't so to begin with cloyster:

Cloyster @ Focus Sash
Naive Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Hydro Pump
- Shell Smash
- Explosion

• Alright the set you were using relied on using cloysters defences with specs. With cloysters abysmal 50 HP stat its quite an illusion as you arent amazingly bulky just a tad a bit above average allowing you take some interesting hits when uninvested such as aeros stone edge. So to take advantage of this natural bulk we can run shell smash and a mixed movepool to break the mons that normally get in your way. The sash allows you to setup on anything while synergizing with espeon to keep the rocks off the field and the sash intact. Explosion allows you to remove bulky waters from the field with the boost from shell smash in order to allow mons like your beedrill or espeon to deliver more pain. The speed allows you to outpace all the scarfers in the tier once you're boosted.
-Next up I looked at your beedrill and it really puzzled me, allow me to explain:

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Poison Jab
- Drill Run
- U-turn
- Protect

• So the nature you were running is called brave and what it does is remove 10% of your speed and adds 10% attack now do you see the issue here? Besides the fact beedrill has a sp.attack stat of 15 meaning it cant even utilise moves like giga drain to hit swampert, you have decided to remove the main thing which makes beedrill viable with its abysmal 40 defence state speed. Beedrill will much rather appreciate a jolly nature which drops its useless sp.attack stat which it has no use for and increases its speed allowing it to outpace every non scarfed mon in UU besides mega aerodactly and mega sceptile which it speed ties with. I removed your roost because the amount of times beedrill gets the chance to heal itself is so low since even resisted hits murder this poor thing. Instead we give it protect in order for it to mega safely since the turn it megas it retains its base form speed meaning its slow as shit. The drill run>toxic allows you to hit steel types like cobalion on switch in for massive damage.
-After that I looked at your team and noticed you are horribly weak to aerodactly and entei, you also lacked stealth rocks so to fix this:
---------->

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Roar

• Delphox really wasnt doing much for you since the tiers main special attackers laugh at it and simply murder it on switch in anyways besides maybe like a specs sylveon missing shadow ball? So instead if we just replace it with swampert we get an aero check, stealth rocks, entei check, overall physical wall, and volt switch blocker. Roar allows you to phase mons like gyra trying to setup and win against you, stealth rocks punish your opponent for switching actively.
-With that out of the way I try to address your fighting, fairy weakness a bit, and to remove a little of the pressure off of swampert by removing a sub par special attacker :
-------->

Doublade @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Shadow Sneak
- Shadow Claw

• Now there is a good reason sceptile sits below RU usage, and that is its lack of power, defences, and coverage. Normally when a mon lacks something it has something in return to make up for it, sadly this is not the case with sceptile with the only thing it has going for it being its speed. So we can try and offer you a way of dealing with fighting types a lot better by giving you an immunity to fighting stab makign people more likely to click knock off instead versus your team. Let me be clear in saying this: doublade gets 2hkoed by hyper voice if its a specs sylveon so dont switch it in unless you're trying to sack it. With how your team is so offensive specs sylveon shouldn't be too much of a problem to begin with since you have a one time switch in beedrill and the rest of the team barring like pert deal heavy damage to sylveon before going down. Sword dance gives you a decent win condition with priority and strong stab in iron head.
-With the way the team is we should punish rocks by running specs on your espeon:

Espeon @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Signal Beam
- Baton Pass
- Grass Knot

• The psyshock allows you to hit sylveon harder since your team already gets murdered by it so simply sacking espeon to severely damage it is worth it. The baton pass allows you to switch out if a dude has a mon like an empoleon in the back which will hard wall you and you expect him to go into it; this allows you to check if he switched into it or not and play according to that. The signal beam allows you to revenge celebi 100% of the time as well as still hit other psychics. Grass knot can be switched to dazzling gleam but with the dreigon suspect going on right now I dont see much point in it besides removing some prediction burdens.
-Finally I saw you were running a weird machamp which is already being overshadowed by another mon right now:
------->

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Thunder Punch
- Mach Punch

• Conk carries a bit more bulk than machamp and is a lot more sustainable since it can recover some HP with drain punch. Assault vest gives you a decent special pivot since you were lacking that even with delphox, while guts also offers you the option to switch into scald and not care about a burn. The thunder punch prevents gyarados from setting up on you and allows you to 1v1 cm suicune. Mach punch is great hard hitting priority which your team was lacking.
Honestly even after all these fixes the team is quite a bit wonky, but this is the best I could think of to try and at least make it viable, but I am sure you were just aiming to have fun so that doesnt really matter. Maybe someone else will lend a hand if they can improve on this a bit more. There are things I could see changing but if I did anymore you couldn't really call this your team anymore. good luck dude.
Thanks For all of the help! I am new to UU, I normally play in RU, where I have 1650 On the pokemon showdown ladder. I decided just to try and have fun and run weird sets on my pokemon, so this is what I came up with

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)