ORAS OU "Mega Eon, Ain't Nobody Flyer" (CM M-Latias Balance) (Peaked 1682)

Do you think CM Mega Latias is viable in this Metagame?

• Total voters
Hello! Thanks for checking out my team! I decided to build this team around Calm Mind Mega Latias, which is a very underrated Pokémon in my opinion. I have had some good success with the team, but I was wondering if I could get some extra feedback to make the team better. Here is the proof of peak...

upload_2016-10-15_22-18-42.png
(I would have posted this on my other account, named RIDDIKULUS443, but I unfortunately cannot access it anymore...)

Anyways, lets get into the team!

latias-mega.gif

Mega Latias @ Latiasite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 68 Def / 192 Spe
IVs: 0 Atk
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Psyshock
- Surf

Mega Latias is the main focal point of this team. It acts as a late-game wincon once its checks have been either worn down or taken down. This Pokémon also acts as a check to Keldeo, Volcanion, Charizard-Y, and Thundurus. To show off its bulk, here are some calcs...

252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Icy Wind vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Mega Latias: 126-150 (34.7 - 41.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Thundurus Hidden Power Ice vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Mega Latias: 117-140 (32.2 - 38.5%) -- 97.7% chance to 3HKO
252 Atk Mold Breaker Excadrill Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 68 Def Mega Latias: 135-160 (37.1 - 44%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
0 SpA Clefable Moonblast vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Mega Latias: 138-164 (38 - 45.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Anyways, the moveset is simple. Calm Mind and Recover should be obvious, as its the only way for Latias to become very threatening to teams. Psyshock is for STAB, and allows me to win calm mind wars vs. things like non t-wave CM Clef and vs. Suicune. Surf allows me to have at least neutral coverage vs almost anything in OU along with Super-Effective coverage vs. Heatran and TTar. The EV spread allows me to outspeed Max speed base 100's like M-Gardevoir, Both Charizard forms, and manaphy. It also allows me to outpace max speed garchomp. The rest of the EVs are dumped into HP and Defense to help me be bulkier and ease setting up.

amoonguss.gif

Amoongus @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 SpDef
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Clear Smog
- Giga Drain
- Stun Spore

Amoongus is a very nice pivot for the team. It can spread sleep and paralysis, which can ease set up with Latias. It gives me a check to Clefable due to clear smog, and an overall answer to most set up sweepers. Regenerator increases its longevity, and makes it very annoying to deal with. Giga Drain gives Amoongus a way to deal a little bit of damage while healing myself. As stated earlier, dual spore allows me to spread status throughout their team.

heatran.gif

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpDef / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic/Taunt
- Protect

Heatran is extremely useful for this team. It works as a Stealth Rock setter and a better check to offensive fairies like M-Gardevoir. It also checks M-Scizor, which is problematic to my team thus far. Lava Plume can spread burns on the other team, and it gives Heatran a decent offensive move as well. Toxic can whittle down bulkier pokemon, while taunt can prevent hazards from being set up, and it can block set up sweepers. Protect works well with toxic, as you can whittle them down even more while healing yourself with leftovers. Protect can also help with my Medicham problem, which I have almost no answer to until this point besides revenge killing. The EVs are to outspeed max speed Mega Scizor, making it a perfect check to Scizor.

tyranitar.gif

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 100 HP / 252 Atk / 156 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Banded TTar acts as the main wallbreaker on the team. It obliterates most balanced and stall builds, along with having the perk of being able to pursuit trap psychic types, most notably the Lati Twins. It can even trap bulky psychics like other M-Latias and Slowbro. TTar also works well with dual spore Amoongus, as would-be answers to this can be put to sleep or paralyzed, allowing TTar to kill it. Stone Edge and Crunch are for dual STAB attacks that hit extremely hard. Pursuit, as stated before, allows TTar to trap Psychic types. Superpower is to hit steel types like Bisharp, Ferrothorn, and Magnezone on a switch. It also hits other TTar that want to switch in.

landorus-therian.gif

Landorus-T @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-Turn
- Knock Off

Scarfed Lando is my main answer to offense, and a fantastic late-game cleaner. It also is my main revenge killer for weakened threats. Earthquake is a great STAB move tha can deal damage to a lot of the tier. Stone Edge is a way to hit flying types like Mega Pinsir, Talonflame, and Tornadus for good damage (if it lands...). U-Turn allows me to grab or keep momentum while dealing some damage. Knock Off lets Lando Knock Off some items, and deal some good damage. The EVs are simple: Max speed so I can outspeed almost anything and max attack to hit as hard as possible.

rotom-wash.gif

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 132 Def / 128 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch

Rotom-W wraps up the team very nicely. It forms a volt-turn core with scarfed lando, and it gives me a check to sand drill. It pivots in against things like Talonflame, Sand Rush Drill (as said before), Landorus-T, and Mega Metagross. It can spread burns around and cripple a lot of Pokémon with Will-O-Wisp, and simply volt switch out of bad situations. Hydro Pump hits decently hard, and gives rotom a bit of offense. Pain Split gives Rotom somewhat reliable recovery. Volt Switch allows me to grab momentum and form the beloved volt-turn core with landorus. The EV spread is so I can outspeed max-speed neutral-natured base 70s, like Bisharp and Volcanion.

THREATLIST

kyurem-black.gif

Life Orb Kyurem-B shreds my team. I have no switch-ins if my opponent plays well. My only way to deal with it is with TTar (which takes about half from Earth Power), or by revenge killing it with Latias or Landorus.

tyranitar.gif
weavile.gif
bisharp.gif

Dark Types destroy my team. My only resist to dark is TTar, which takes big damage from Iron Head from Bish, and straight-up dies to Superpower from other TTar and Low kick from weavile. Not much I can do to them, besides revenge killing or burning with rotom.

medicham-mega.gif

Mega Medicham is a huge threat to my team (as it is for most balance builds). My ways to deal with it is revenge killing (again) or protecting on their HJK to weaken it.

gengar.gif

Gengar is hard to deal with. I have no ghost resist, and basically no switch-in. Even revenge killing can be hard, because it could be scarfed (although it is rare).

terrakion.gif

Terrakion is a big threat, especially banded. No rock resist = No good switch-ins to this monster. But, if it is banded, I can revenge kill with Landorus, and Scarfed Terrakion is dealt with by Latias easily.

Some Replays:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-457163990

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-457182981

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-459066124 (Amoongus putting in the work! Also, excuse some of my bad plays.)

(I'll Post more later. I kept forgetting to save replays. Sorry.)

Well, that's it for my team! Thanks for checking it out, and I would appreciate if you could leave some feedback! Thanks!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)