SM OU Mega Garchomp Team (my first RMT)

So I've been trying to make a team based around Mega Garchomp with sand support to abuse his ability Sand Force . I wanted to use Mega Garchomp as he's one of my favourite Pokémon and I also didn't want to stick with regular Garchomp all the time , so I decided to make a team for Mega Garchomp for once . This is my first RMT so forgive any mistakes that I make . Let's get into it!

_445_mega_garchomp_by_tkptvn-dbfm4c3.png
Garchomp-Mega @ Garchompite
Ability : Rough Skin
EVs : 226 Atk / 32 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
-Draco Meteor
-Earthquake
-Fire Blast
-Stone Edge

-Instead of the typical Swords Dance set , I wanted to use a mixed set so as to break both physical and special walls . I went for Naive to avoid lowering Chomp's good physical bulk (which would take effect if Hasty is used) . Under Sandstorm , Earthquake and Stone Edge can hit really hard , and the former can crush Unaware Clefable , which would be problematic if going the normal Swords Dance set . Fire Blast hits Ferrothorn , Skarmory , Celesteela and Scizor for massive damage . It can also roast Ferrothorn without taking Iron Barbs damage . Draco Meteor with those EVs can OHKO Mega Latios on the switch . This set doesn't actually reveal Draco Meteor and Fire Blast unless necessary to break physical walls . It uses its boosted Earthquake or Stone Edge most of the time .

250px-450Hippowdon.png

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability : Sand Stream
EVs : 248 HP / 154 Def / 104 SpD
Impish Nature
-Earthquake
-Slack Off
-Stealth Rock
-Whirlwind

-So Hippowdon is the team's sand setter . I chose it over Tyranitar because it has less weaknesses and also packs reliable recovery in the form of Slack Off . It can set up Stealth Rocks and also phaze set-up sweepers with Whirlwind . Earthquake prevents it from falling complete victim to Taunt . I made it a mixed defensive wall with investment in all the defensive stats to help it sponge a wider variety of moves . Its good bulk can make it a neat pivot and Slack Off paired with Leftovers gives it longevity to continue setting up sand over time .

950.jpg

Magearna @ Assault Vest
Ability : Soul Heart
EVs : 248 HP / 224 SpD / 36 Spe
Sassy Nature
-Fleur Cannon
-Volt Switch
-Iron Head
-Hidden Power (Fire)

-I needed a specially defensive tank that can sponge the likes of Mega Alakazam and Tapu Lele , especially if they end up on the same team . Magearna with Assault Vest made a pretty solid choice for my team . Magearna can also handle the likes of Ash-Greninja and Gengar , which is great . Fleur Cannon is the standard powerful STAB move , hitting hard even if uninvested . Iron Head with 36 Speed EVs lets Magearna wreck Clefable . Volt Switch is a good pivot move and Hidden Power Fire removes Ferrothorn . This was the first thing that came to mind when thinking of a good check to Tapu Lele and Mega Alakazam . It even hits them both hard with Iron Head . Overall a really nice choice .

788Tapu_Fini_SM_anime.png

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability : Misty Surge
EVs : 248 HP / 192 Def / 68 Spe
Bold Nature
-Nature's Madness
-Taunt
-Moonblast
-Defog

-Every team needs something to clear hazards , so we have Tapu Fini . Tapu Fini is what helps my team counter stall . Taunt , Nature's Madness and Misty Surge all help in beating stall by shutting their status moves down and halving their HP . Not to mention it blocks Toxic , sleep and other annoying things . Moonblast keeps it safe from Taunt . It also can somewhat increase its tanking abilities if it lowers the target's Special Attack . I gave it a physically defensive investment to check some physical threats . 68 Speed allows outspeeding of 16 Speed Landorus-T to let Tapu Fini limit its usefulness with Taunt . It made a really valuable team member because of how it can block status and stallbreak . It benefits the team as a whole and lets them perform their roles better .

7635a2ca02644f876256ca3bd695cc7f.png

Greninja @ Choice Scarf
Ability : Protean
EVs : 168 Atk / 88 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
-Gunk Shot
-Ice Beam
-U-Turn
-Rock Slide

-Classic Scarf Greninja . Its huge coverage , good offensive presence and high speed let it outspeed many speedy threats and revenge kill them . With the scarf , it becomes very fast and allows outspeeding of key threats like Megas Alakazam and Latios and dent them with U-Turn . Gunk Shot settles with Tapu Lele and Ice Beam lets it handle Landorus-T , Zygarde and Garchomp . Rock Slide gets rid of Volcarona and Mega Charizard Y . It makes up a good part of the offensive spectrum of the team and can really save it from setup sweepers or generally really quick wallbreakers .

250px-485Heatran.png

Heatran @ Steelium Z*
Ability : Flash Fire
EVs : 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Modest Nature
-Magma Storm
-Flash Cannon
-Earth Power
-Taunt

-Last but not least , Heatran . It is actually a fine answer to stall as well , especially physical walls . Magma Storm keeps them in and deals damage each turn . Taunt prevents any form of status usage . With Earth Power , it can face Toxapex 1v1 , imprison it with Magma Storm , Taunt it and start crushing it with Earth Power . Flash Cannon is a powerful STAB move as well , and boosting it with Steelium Z to become Cockscrew Crash makes it a one-time nuke to those that do not resist it or are not special walls like Chansey . Heatran also absorbs Fire moves which serve Magearna well . It also works with Magearna to shield the team from strong Grass attacks , which threaten Hippowdon , Tapu Fini and Garchomp to some extent .

*I have thoughts of replacing Heatran due to how much danger the team is in against Ground . I'm open to suggestions and if you have any , feel free to let me know . I'm always ready to hear out opinions to improve myself . In the meantime , if you want to , please try it out! :D

Garchomp-Mega @ Garchompite
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 226 Atk / 32 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 154 Def / 102 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 192 Def / 68 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Nature's Madness
- Defog
- Taunt

Magearna @ Assault Vest
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 248 HP / 224 SpD / 36 Spe
Sassy Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Iron Head
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Greninja @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Protean
EVs: 168 HP / 88 Def / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Ice Beam
- U-turn
- Rock Slide

Heatran @ Steelium Z
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Magma Storm
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Taunt

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)