Mega Mawile not viable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there...
Im new to doubles and smogon forums (not exactly, im playing vgc since vgc2014 and played a lot of ou) and im kinda sad not seing my fav mega ,and pkmn in general, at all, it does not even appear in the viability rankings of DOU.
I mean trickroom should be a thing and lando+heatran can be countered by my man keldeo for example, right?

PS: Im from Germany so do not judge my english too hard pls.

Platinum God n1n1

the real n1n1
is a Tiering Contributor
you dont even need to use TR with it. Mega Mawile has the strongest attack in the game with sucker punch and decent typing. obviously you need to make up for its slow speed by removing its threats (and it has a lot)

rotom wash makes a good teammate to deal with lando, volcaion, fires, and waters.
try mega mawile with rotom wash plus hyper offensive mons.

so yeah its viable but very niche

you dont even need to use TR with it. Mega Mawile has the strongest attack in the game with sucker punch and decent typing. obviously you need to make up for its slow speed by removing its threats (and it has a lot)

rotom wash makes a good teammate to deal with lando, volcaion, fires, and waters.
try mega mawile with rotom wash plus hyper offensive mons.

so yeah its viable but very niche
Ok thanks ill do that

Mega Mawille mainly suffers from its speed stat and the fact that in doubles there are always two opposing threats and protect is everywhere, so your opponent can easily play around sucker punches (sucker still isnt KOing anything with half decent hp and defense and nuetral dark defense, even at +2 sometimes). You can use it in TR, and that certainly aids it a lot with the whole speed problem, but there are honestly just better pokemon to use under TR than mawille. It also can't do anything to the plethora of good fire types in the meta, and gets entirely ruined by jirachi redirection.

Those criticisms aside, if you want to make it work, as n1n1 said, you just need to build your team to focus on removing those threats.

Also a better place for this would have been the Viability Rankings thread, please make sure that you receive permission from a DOU moderator in the future before creating your own threads. If you have any more questions, we would also be happy to help you in the PS Doubles Chatroom. Don't be afraid to ask anything, we don't bite, I promise.

well i dont have much to add on from what n1n1 and BlueSkiddoWeCanToo said. mawile has the problem that while it is not a bad pokemon on its own, its outclassed at most of its roles, and most megas fill the gap in teams a bit better than it does. and yes, again as they said, it does not make it unusable, it has a niche. tailwind with rotom wash could potentially work, as well as a full trick room team (aka two setters for a full dedicated trick room) try hitting the the team frameworks if you want help with building around it . the link : http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/doubles-ou-teambuilding-frameworks.3571514/

I am obviously aware of building a team that removes threats from hitting my main pkmn :). But still thank you for the fast replies and time you put into this.
PS:Yes I won't create my own thread in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)