ORAS UU Mega Pidgeot and Friends

Hey guys, Since Mega Diance got banned, i had to scrap that team and moved onto making a new one, and i like to use underrated Pokemon and I thought Mega Pidgeot was pretty cool so heres my team

Pidgeot @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Tangled Feet/No Guard
Evs: 252 SpA / 4 Spd / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
-Hurricane
-Heat Wave
-U-Turn
-Roost

This is the star of the show right here. STAB perfect accuracy Hurricanes was just too much to pass up. This sets pretty Standard. Hurricane for Flying Spam. Heat Wave to hit all them steal types. U-Turn is for Momentum and comes in handy every now and then. Example is Pidgeot outspeeds focus sash Zam after mega evolving, so U-Turn on Zam to break the sash, then come back in later and kill with Hurricane. Yes, i know Timid lowers its power, but i use U-Turn for the utility and momentum grab, not so much power. Roost is there for longevity, and lets Pidgeot stay healthy.

Empoleon @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
Evs 248 Hp / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
-Scald
-Knock Off
-Toxic
-Defog

With Pidgeot having a Stealth Rock weakness, i knew i needed hazard support, and Empoleon does it great. I originally had Starmie in this spot, but dropped it for a more defensive answer to entry hazards. Ev spread is pretty standard for specially defensive. Scald is for that nice burn chance. Knock Off for getting rid of my opponents items, namely porygon 2, who gives this team some trouble with its item. Toxic is for wearing down walls, and defog for removing hazards. He works real well with Pidgeot covering his weaknesses, barring Electric Types.

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
Evs 248 Hp / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
-Earthquake
-Stealth Rocks
-Slack Off
-Whirlwind

With both my other teammates weak to Electric, Hippowdon was the perfect pokemon for the third slot. This guy is my physical wall, he will tank hits for days. Physically defensive spread. Earthquake is for ground coverage and to make sure he is not taunt bait. Stealth Rocks because Rocks. Slack Off for reliably recovering after taking a few hits. Whirlwind is for phazing set up sweepers, namely Mega Gallade.

Dragalge @ Choice Specs
Ability: Adaptability
Evs 196 Hp / 252 SpA / 60 Spe
Modest Nature
-Draco Meteor
-Sludge Wave
-Scald
-Focus Blast

With Pidgeot being sorta weak, i decided i needed a Special Wallbreaker in order to let Pidgeot Sweep Late game and just dismantle walls in general. With Adaptabilty being legal on Dragalge now, this guy became a whole lot cooler. Very little can switch into a choice specs Draco from this guy and not loose a chunk of its life. Ev Spread is to outspeed 8 Spe investment Base 50s like Donphan and Hippowdon. Draco Meteor is there for its obvious nuking power (it hits harder than life orb Latios's Draco). Sludge Wave is used instead of Sludge Bomb because of Chesnaught. Scald is for punishing switch in with a burn, or when its super effective. Focus Blast is there for all the Steals that think they are safe switching in. Most of the time I'm usually clicking Draco/ Sludge Wave, so the last two moves are changeable.

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
Evs: 248 Hp / 8 Def / 252 Spd
Calm Nature
-Foul Play
-Heal Bell
-Wish
-Protect

With Empoleon and Dragalge having no recovery, and most of the time they will be tanking hits, and fighting back, Umbreon is my second special wall and cleric. Foul Play is to punish Physical set up sweepers without being taunt bait as well. Heal bell is to get rid of status on my team. Wish is there to heal up Umbreon and heal up my teammates if given the chance. Protect is there to ensure the wish isn't wasted and Umbreon gets it. Umbreon works really well, as 2 of my mons really appreciate wish support, plus this guy is so damn hard to take down to.

Infernape @ Experts Belt
Ability: Iron Fists
Evs: 252 Atk / 4 Spd / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
-Fire Punch
-Close Combat
-Thunder Punch
-Swords Dance

With my team being very Special Attacking heavy, I decided on Swords Dance Infernape. Fire/Fighting STAB coverage is great together. Evs are standard sweeping spread. Fire Punch/CC for STABs. Thunder Punch is boosted with iron fists, and lets me get passed bulky waters and flying types, and Swords Dance is for boosting. Yes, Flare Blitz is weaker than Fire Punch, even with iron fists boosted, but Fire Punch lets Ape stay in and sweep longer, while it doesn't kill itself. Expert belt is run over life orb because Flare Blitz+Life Orb recoil would really wear down Infernape before it could really dent my opponents team. Either one can be changed, either Flare Blitz with Experts Belt or Fire Punch with Life Orb.

Thats my team, don't be afraid to judge, i don't bite :]

well made team but i see you lack in reliable physical attackers and if you lose infernape your team struggles against blissey :]

well made team but i see you lack in reliable physical attackers and if you lose infernape your team struggles against blissey :]
Yea Ik it kinda took a defensive turn, I used SD Infernape as it gets quite a few set up opportunities. I'm open for change, but I'm not sure what I would drop for another physical attacker.

I'm not too experienced with this team, but if I look at it, Mega Blastoise needs 3 moves to hit the entire team SE. Water move, Ice Beam and Aura Sphere.
What do you do against it?
In my opinion it would be good to switch Umbreon with Florges.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)