SM OU Mega Pinsir = Best Mega?!

termnal

formerly Lpow12
Soo... Mega Pinsir kills stuff and it kills it dead so i decided to build a team around it and its pretty fun to play

First up is the star of the show Mega Pinsir. Its a pretty standard set and sweeps stuff when it gets a SD up. I personally think that Mega Pinsir is one of the top 3 megas and it just a great mon.

Pinsir-Mega @ Pinsirite
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Quick Attack
- Return
- Swords Dance

Next up is Rotom wash, a criminally underused mon in my opinion, which serves as the SpDef. half of my defensive core. It is a good pivot and helps pivot into many of the offensive mons on the team and cripples physical sweepers with Will-O-Wisp. Rotom also serves as a solid hazard removing option because they rek most of my team.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump

Lando-t provides the PhysDef. half of my defensive core. It is also my main check to thinks like Koko and Hetran. I am not running rocks because knock off feels more consistant and allows me to hit stuff what has levitate or in grassy terrain. and Hp Ice is really good for catching dragon types on switch. Lando is the other hazard removal on the team and between Lando and Rotom the team can usually get any hazards off the field.

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Lax Nature
- Defog
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Koko is the dragon slayer on the team and breaks all kinds of walls. It kills Toxapex unless it is max SpDef. and pretty much any other water type is gonna be dead after this thing comes in. U-Turn helps if the opponent predicts the switch and the rest of the moves are just coverage.
252 SpA Choice Specs Tapu Koko Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Toxapex in Electric Terrain: 300-354 (98.6 - 116.4%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO (Specs is good)

Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Dazzling Gleam

Until this point the team didn't really have a way to deal with ground/rock types and Ash Greninja just kills everything. It is another very strong wall breaker and is a great revenge killer to get free battle bond transformations. Greninja is also one of the best offensive mons with ice and water type coverage. There are very few things that can switch into a battle bond Hydro Pump and stuff just starts dying.

Greninja @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken

Last but not least we have the second thing that dies to rocks, Volcarona. This is just a set ripped straight from smogon and is my main way to deal with Ferrorthorn and other bulky grass or steel types. Psychium Z is my best nuke and after a quiver dance more stuff is gonna die. Without Volcarona it becomes very hard for my team to beat steel types and even though my team it INCREDIBLY weak to rocks it fits really well into this team and I think it works very well.

Volcarona @ Psychium Z
Ability: Flame Body
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Bug Buzz
- Psychic

In conclusion, this team plays very offensively and relies on keeping hazards off the field to get its sweepers in to set-up and kill stuff and when any of the sweepers get set up they are all extremely hard to stop.

Just a couple quick observations. If you lose Pinsir at any point, I don't see much that gets past Chansey (odds are it won't be staying in on Lando's Knock Off). Z Wild Charge on Koko might be a cool option to lure in Chansey. Speaking of Lando, Impish over Lax nature since you don't want to sacrifice it's special bulk and HP Ice still does what it needs to with the minus sp atk nature. Finally, you could really use a steel type on this team since mons like Nihilego and Scarf Lele could clean you pretty easily without one. I would probably replace Rotom with Ferrothorn to patch that weakness while still cover the matchup vs rain abusers like Mega Swampert and Kingdra.

Last edited:

termnal

formerly Lpow12
Just a couple quick observations. If you lose Pinsir at any point, I don't see much that gets past Chansey (odds are it won't be staying in on Lando's Knock Off). Z Wild Charge on Koko might be a cool option to lure in Chansey. Speaking of Lando, Impish over Lax nature since you don't want to sacrifice it's special bulk and HP Ice still does what it needs to with the minus sp atk nature. Finally, you could really use a steel type on this team since mons like Nihilego and Scarf Lele could clean you pretty easily without one. I would probably replace Rotom with Ferrothorn to patch that weakness while still cover the matchup vs rain abusers like Mega Swampert and Kingdra.
I like the changes you suggested however using ferrothtorn over rotom is it leaves the team incredibly weak to fire and makes it really hard to play around things like volcarona and blacephalon but the koko and lando changes were very helpful

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)