ORAS OU MEGA SCEPTILE TEAM

Introduction

Sup, here's my team that I tried basing around mega Sceptile. The reason why I chose mega Sceptile is because Sceptile is pretty underused, and it was my ORAS starter, so I decided I wanted to build a competitive team around it. This team did fairly decent on Showdown, it managed to get me 1501 rating within a few hours.

Team

Raikou @ Choice Specs Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Extrasensory

Raikou is my volt switching lead. I usually always lead with Raikou. If the opponent sends out Garchomp or Landorus T, I'll just go for a HP Ice and get a definite 1HKO. I chose Extrasensory over Shadow Ball because poison types are a much larger threat to this team then psychic types such as Metagross or Latios.
Changed into Life Orb for more utility and choices when I fail a prediction

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Whirlwind
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Defog

Skarmory sets up my Stealth Rocks to hurt them Talonflames, whirlwinds any of those dancers, defogs those hazards, completely walls off many physical attacking pokemon and megas, and soaks up moves that Blissey couldn't normally take. Skarmory serves as a pivot for poison type moves and toxics.

Blissey @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Seismic Toss
- Thunder Wave

This Blissey used to have toxic, but toxic didn't really fit well with the... synergy of the team, so I chose Thunder Wave allowing me to cripple many threats such as Tornadus - T, mega Metagross, and more. Blissey works well with Skarmory, able to soak up incoming Thunderbolts, volt switches, hydro pumps, and more.

Crawdaunt @ Choice Band
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Superpower

My revenge killer, my destroyer of worlds. It pretty much 1HKOs anything in OU without resistance to it with Crabhammer, Knock Off, or Superpower. It can take a Brave Bird from a T-Flame, and can soak up a 3x Iron Head, Sucker Punch, and a 2x Knock Off from Bisharp.

Gardevoir @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Trace
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Trick
- Destiny Bond

Trace is amazing. I absolutely love it. Trace saved me in so many matches by taking Speed Boost, Serene Grace, Bulletproof, and countless more abilities. Gardevoir is able to switch into Heatran when Skarmory is in danger and completely soak up Magma Storm by taking Heatran's flashfire. Vaporeon uses scald on Skarmory, I'll switch into Gardevoir and take it's Water Absorb and regain Gardevoir's HP. Choice Scarf allows me to outspeed and revenge kill many threats in OU such as mega Manetric, mega Lopunny, Weavile, Latios, Kyurem-B, and more.

Mega Sceptile @ Sceptilite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 36 HP / 252 SpA / 220 Spe
Naive Nature
- Giga Drain
- Dragon Pulse
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Mega Sceptile is my boy. If I lead with Raikou and opponent leads with Heatran, I would volt switch out of Raikou doing around 40% damage to Heatran and finish Heatran off with mega Sceptile's earthquake. Mega Sceptile can 1HKO Latios with Dragon Pulse and Keldeo with Giga Drain. Magnezones, mega Manetrics, and more are no problem with mega Sceptile's Earthquake. Also, it gives Skarmory another pivot with mega Sceptile's Lightning Rod. HP Fire deals with Ferrothorns and Scizors. Naive Nature is so that mega Sceptile doesn't get a penalty in Attack, and 220 Spe is so that Mega Sceptile can outspeed Raikou and Starmie before it Mega Evolves.

Importable

Raikou @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Extrasensory

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Impish Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Whirlwind
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Defog

Blissey @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Seismic Toss
- Thunder Wave

Crawdaunt @ Choice Band
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Superpower

Gardevoir @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Trace
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Trick
- Destiny Bond

Sceptile @ Sceptilite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 36 HP / 252 SpA / 220 Spe
Naive Nature
- Giga Drain
- Dragon Pulse
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Last edited:
Threats I found

Bulky Talonflames w/ roost can pretty much sweep the team. Even when Skarmory whirlwinds the Talonflame, Skarmory will most likely take a Flare Blitz bringing it down to near 0HP. If there are no rocks setup, the Talonflame can pretty much get switched in again and take out my Skarmory.

A choice banded TTar was able to pretty much sweep my team earlier. Skarmory was down, Crawdaunt was low. it pretty much 1HKO every single pokemon in my team.

Incredibly fast U-Turners such as Scarfed Landorus T and 252 Spd / Assault Vest Tornadus can easily take advantage of my team's weaknesses. Especially Tornadus-T, a specially defensive Tornadus T with Assault Vest + U-Turn is incredibly hard for my team to take out. A Choice scarfed Kyurem B (or any powerful pokemon) can easily sweep the team if the conditions are met (No gardevoir, no Skarm)

Taunt. A dude had taunt, and was able to completely shut down my Skarmory and Blissey, and at some points even Gardevoir.

This team is really steady at 1500. It sometimes goes below to 1425, and rarely goes up to 1540.

I'm sure if I made slight changes to my team I could cover all of these... except, I'm sure I might have to replace some pokemon, add new moves, and learn a new fighting style. I would really like some feedback... maybe switch some items around or something...

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)