MegaMons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just for kicks, let's crank up the power all the way. (This Goomy is Fighting-type with 255 Attack. The target Goom is Normal/Dark with 1 HP and 1 Def at level 1. Explosion is fighting-type.)

+6 252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Goomy Helping Hand Explosion vs. -6 0 HP / 0- Def Goomy on a critical hit: 12897000-15172944 (117245454.5 - 137935854.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

1172454.545 to 1379358.545. HOT DAMN.
Why not Fire-type Explosion vs Dry Skin Grass/Bug-Type Goomy under sun?
+6 252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Goomy Helping Hand Explosion vs. -6 0 HP / 0- Def Dry Skin Goomy in Sun: 16129832-18976280 (1612983200 - 1897628000%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Any love for Sash Trollbane?

Mega-Banette@Focus Sash
252 Atk / 252 Spe
-Destiny Bond
-Taunt
-Shadown Claw
-Shadown Sneak

First kill MTTar and you can RK something and DB the next one.

The (Unofficial) Inaugural MegaMons Battle was done on Joim's Lab Server between macrarazy and scf on 2/11/2014 (11th February 2014)

And seeing what happened in that battle, Mega-Khan might. Be. Banned.

scf was 6-0'd by solely the entity of Mega Kangaskhan the great, who's item didn't even came in effect while sweeping through the foe's team! Yes, both teams were full of megas and yet one entity, the entity of Khan destroyed the opposing team with the following moveset (well, went to much "Kangaskhan Rules" on that part!):

Kangaskhan-Mega @ Secret Item Top Priority Security No Revealing
Ability: Parental Bond
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- Sucker Punch
- Power-Up Punch

BOOM! scf tells me the reason why he didn't use M-Khan was because he's seem like something... he mentioned, which I apparently don't remember. But even so, it meant he'd look like a fool using a Pokemon like that who has the sole purpose of destroying anything because it is capable of doing that. (even though it can't do that to everything, the purpose still remains, it is meant to kill everything)

If you can't OHKO someone with that Pokemon, you can 2HKO it, and with the item it's holding, there's hardly a way to escape defeat thanks to the bulk as well, if the item doesn't activate! Anyways, there are counters, but as always, you can't always keep a Ghost- or fast Fighting type which can OHKO it (M-Luke) just to counter it! That definitely means it's not good for the tier. (yes there are some faster Pokemon that can counter it, but there's lesser of those)

Well, that's that, and leaving that topic, I'd say it doesn't even seem like it's an Ubers tier imo when you're trying to teambuild. But then again, it's just an opinion. (point proven wrong here. Some of the Ubers might be in alot of teams thanks to the capability to stop alot of Megas; notably Multiscale Lugia and Giratina)
REMEMBER: I did mention that the one I had with scf was the Unofficial Inaugural MegaMons battle on Joim's Lab

P.S: Mega Absol is great on countering those setuppers!

P.S.S: I've edited some part I can find dumb on me in the post, pardon me for being a bit dumb almost everywhere)

Last edited:
The (Unofficial) Inaugural MegaMons Battle was done on Joim's Lab Server between macrarazy and scf on 2/11/2014 (11th February 2014)

And seeing what happened in that battle, Mega-Khan should. Be. Banned.

scf was 6-0'd by solely the entity of Mega Kangaskhan the great, who's item didn't even came in effect while sweeping through the foe's team! Yes, both teams were full of megas and yet one entity, the entity of Khan destroyed the opposing team with the following moveset:

Kangaskhan-Mega @ Secret Item Top Priority Security No Revealing
Item Possibilities:
King's rock
Metronome
Assault vest?

All three of these things would just be a nightmare to face on mega kangaskhan. And if gengar is banned, why not this?

And seeing what happened in that battle, Mega-Khan should. Be. Banned.
I believe one battle is not enough to decide whether or not a Pokemon should be banned. I've played one battle of Megamons as well, where I had a narrow victory, mostly because my team matched up well against his, and even though I was using Mega Kangaskhan, I was nowhere close to getting a 6-0 sweep.

That set you posted is strong, but has a hard counter: Any ghost with a support move such as Toxic, Will-o-Wisp, or Trick. This makes it a toss up whether or not to run Sucker Punch over say, Crunch. Without Sucker Punch the set gets hurt by powerful, fast Fighting mons, notably:

252+ Atk Adaptability Mega Lucario Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Kangaskhan: 624-736 (150.7 - 177.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Fist Plate Arceus-Fighting Judgment vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Kangaskhan: 372-438 (89.8 - 105.7%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO

Also, Sableye could be switched in to take Parental Bond Crunch and proceed to burn the Kanga or Trick it a Scarf, then spam Recover.

252+ Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Sableye: 133-157 (43.7 - 51.6%) -- 9% chance to 2HKO

Another solid Pokemon that can take some punishment is Mega-Scizor. If Kanga has already used Power-Up Punch, Mega-Scizor could be sent out to revenge, and survive a +2 Sucker Punch and hit back hard.

+2 252+ Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Sucker Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Scizor: 208-246 (60.4 - 71.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Mega Scizor Superpower vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Kangaskhan: 320-378 (77.2 - 91.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

I don't have much play time but I think that more testing on Mega-Kanga should be done.

But even so, it meant he'd look like a fool using a Pokemon like that who has the sole purpose of destroying anything because it is capable of doing that.

Anyways, there are counters, but as always, you can't always keep a Ghost- or fast Fighting type which can OHKO it (M-Luke) just to counter it! That definitely means it's not good for the tier.
A Pokemon that can destroy anything shouldn't have counters, and every team could have a ghost if that's what the meta becomes. I play Balanced Hackmons mostly and Giratina is on roughly 1/3 to 1/2 of the teams I battle.

252 Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Sucker Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Giratina: 165-195 (32.7 - 38.6%) -- 4.1% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
Not a guaranteed 3HKO. Earthquake does ~25%, so at most you are taking 32% and W-o-Wing or T-Waving it, then Roaring it out. Blaziken, Arceus, Lucario, and Tyranitar are all more broken than this little puny thing. Dragon Tail does 18%, and if you burn it, then you have done like 30% damage, and if it switches in, it loses 13%/25% more for a grand total of 43%-55%. Easy revenge-kill for almost anything.

Hm, Keep it Playful, what you said might be true.

However...

If you can't OHKO someone with that Pokemon, you can 2HKO it, and with the item it's holding, there's hardly a way to escape defeat thanks to the bulk as well, if the item doesn't activate! Anyways, there are counters, but as always, you can't always keep a Ghost- or fast Fighting type which can OHKO it (M-Luke) just to counter it! That definitely means it's not good for the tier. (yes there are some faster Pokemon that can counter it, but there's lesser of those)
That part, makes most of what you posted, pointless and a bit wrong. First of all, Mega Luke. The answer to that is, what you also managed to check/counter Khan, Sableye. Luke can't do shit to Sableye if it's either Physical or Mixed, and even with Special only Dark Pulse (no boost) or Flash Cannon might be a Choices.

Then, getting to Sableye, I'll say you should read my post script text:

P.S: Mega Absol is great on countering those setuppers!
Aka it gets Magic Bounce, aka WoW gets reversed. Almost all Pranksters are completely useless against Mega Absol thanks to Magic Bounce. Then, Arceus-Fighting... enter "Sableye". Mega Scizor can't do shit to Khan with Superpower seeing how your calc goes.

So, with all that, I think this team wouldn't even be bad:

Sableye, Mega Absol, Mega Kangaskhan, Lugia, Arceus and 'almightyPowerHolyGodPokemonThat'sNotBannedFromThisTierGoesHere'

Kingpoleon you are correct. Giratina is like the counter to Mega Kangaskhan and Dragon Tail is [mostly] job done for Mega Absol.

Anyways, as everyone's saying, we might need a test for Mega Khan because there are really less Pokemon that counter it or force it to switch out (check it).

I'm not quite sure how that bit of text makes what I had to say wrong. Anyway, after reading yours a second time I can see some things that are a bit wrong with your argument. First, "If you can't OHKO...you can 2HKO it". Well, if that was the case then I wouldn't have any argument here, except that there's many things that aren't 2HKOed. I'm not sure what that secret item is, though I don't think that it's going to help much against the test battles I'm running. Also, I'm confused by your discussion on switching Mega-Kanga out, I thought the point of this was to show how there were no checks/counters, but you got me.

Here's some short battles (around 3 to 5 turns) watching Kanga almost get that 2HKO.

This is Ferrothorn (0 HP and 0 Def) with a secret Rocky Helmet taking the set out when they both start at full HP.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/customgame-87517445

This is Ferrothorn (252 HP and 252+ Def) with Rocky Helmet taking the set out when Ferro is switched in on Kanga (and Kanga gets a crit too).
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/customgame-87521710

This is Mega-Scizor (252 HP and 0 Def) with Rocky Helmet taking the set out when Scizor is switched in on Kanga.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/customgame-87523535

This is Mega-Scizor (252 HP and 0 Def) with a Rocky Helmet taking the your set by using Toxic and spamming Roost.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/customgame-87529817

This is Alakazam-Mega (252 HP and 252 Def) taking a Sucker Punch and retaliating back with Parental Bond Focus Blast (this is more unreliable xD).
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/customgame-87531514

Since Kanga can't learn knock off I fear that it will meet it's bitter end to Rocky Helmet many times. :P

Mega-Kangaroo has about 5 or 6 viable counters: Ferrothorn, Mega-Scizor, Giratina, Skarmory, and Mega-Aggron. Not to bad, right? Until you realize all of those besides Mega-Scizor and SOMETIMES Giratina are huge momentum killers. Mega-Aggron sports a respectable attack, but in Ubers, it actually mediocre. The others, it should be obvious how they kill momentum. Also, all of this besides Giratina scream Ho-oh bait, and Mega-T-Tar, Ho-oh, and Mega-Kangaroo is a core nothing can stop. Tanking a Mega-Kanga's Sucker Punch by Giratina, then T-Tars Pursuit is going to weaken it really fast to where Ho-oh, Mega-Blaziken, and Mega-Lucario could ALL sweep for free. I would also like to point out that we have a few suspects: Megas: Lucario, Blaziken, Kangaskhan/Tyranitar( if the former 2), Non-Megas: Arceus, Ho-oh.

Ah, yeah. But then again, there are lesser who can wall it or wall it and revenge it. You can't specifically put 252 HP / 252 Def on Alakazam-Mega just for Kangaskhan, right? And even if, the SpA and Spe will be more shitty for it even though the base is high.

It is true that Rocky Helmet or Iron Barbs hurt Kangaskhan, but that depends on the set. Of course, 4mss... but then again, a set carrying Fire Punch (or Earthquake to take care of Aegislashes) might be hard to deal with even with Rocky Helmet + Iron Barbs. There are like alot of Pokemon that do get OHKO'd or 2HKO'd by a bulky set carrying Fire Punch / Earthquake, Sucker Punch / Crunch, Power-Up Punch / Hammer Arm and Fake Out / Return.

Look, can you guys please discuss sets and ideas, and not how broken stuff is? You're talking about what's broken, and then giving paper arguments as to why. If you think something is broken, back it up with battles.

I can see Aerodactyl being a great scarfer, with enough speed to outspeed a +2 blaziken, a +2 xerneas, and the typing and power to abuse it.

Choice Band Aerodactyl is beast with Max Speed. It's not even bad, I mean, for real. Base 130 Atk and 169 for contact-making moves, with 150 Speed.

Yeah, I can see band being great as well. I just like the scarf set for it's ability to revenge huge threats such as the aforementioned Blaziken and Xerneas.

Has anybody tried Charizard-X yet? I think I might, with a set like
Mega-Charizard-X @ Life Orb
Tough Claws
252 Spe/252 Atk/4 SpDef
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake/Brick Break
Does this really need explaining? It's sheer power is too much to ignore. Calcs at +1:
+1 252 Atk Life Orb Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Outrage vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Tyranitar: 348-411 (86.1 - 101.7%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

+1 252 Atk Life Orb Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Xerneas: 519-610 (113.8 - 133.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+1 252 Atk Life Orb Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Blastoise: 316-372 (87.2 - 102.7%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Hydro Pump does like 83% max to this thing. Trying to switch in with SR up is impossible.

how about mega mawile set up 3 sword dances and baton pass to blaziken for speed and then into a mega that runs psychical moves? too op

Why not have a Protect/Swords Dance/Baton Pass/filler Speed Boost Mega-Blaziken to baton pass some speed boosts, removing the need for a Mawile.

This has been nominated by TheBurgerKing99 for the OM of the Month(beat me by half an hour). Anyway, has anybody considered an Annoy Bannette set? Maybe something like this:
Mega-Bannette@Leftovers
Prankster
EVs:252 HP/252 Atk/4 Spe
Adamant Nature
-Shadow Sneak
-Will-o-Wisp
-Toxic/Flash
-Thunder Wave

TheBurgerKing99 Are our programmers planning on implementing the Latis? If so, how will Soul Dew work, and would you put them in suspects, or insta-ban them? Just my questions, bc I heard about the being on ps! The other day, so yeah.

Great OM guys!! Megas with items?! :O
Things I would like to try:

MegaAggron with AV::::::::::::MegaAggron with Lefties
252At 252HP/SpDf 4idk:::::::252HP 252SpD 4At
Iron head/Heavy slam:::::::::::Curse/Stealthrock
Earthquake:::::::::::::::::::::::Iron Head
HeadSmash/Stone Edge:::::::::Earthquake/Rest/Stealthrock
Elemental Punch/Dragon Tail::::Dragon Tail/Sleep Talk
Adapt the set to your team's needs. Both seem great! AV has awesome tanking capability, while the curse set doesn't get worn down nor rely on Resttalk so much.

Also:
Scarf Megaheracross with Pinmissile, CC, rock blast, and bullet seed/EQ/knock off. Super strong, very fast. Much death.
CB megapinsir. Need I say more?
Ooh and leftovers on MegaAmpharos and MegaBlastoise! Those tanks aren't getting worn down now. Both can also effectively run specs
I'd love to try a battle of this OM. Anyone gonna be on Joims Lab any time soon?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)