Megas For All: V3! (Slate #4 VOTING; Check Post #170)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lunatone @ Mega Stone
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Dark Pulse
- Power Gem / Rock Polish
- Earth Power / Moonblast / Rock Polish

Prankster Calm Mind set. Lunatone suprisingly gets a good set of special coverage moves to aid its STAB moves. Thanks to its good bulk, it can set up multiple boosts. Rock Polish is good for a double dance, its STABs pose a good offensive coverage. Its typing, although it gets 7 weaknesses, gets a good amount of resistances (and an immunity) to give it set up opportunities. Examples of these include Talonflame, Latis in OU and Entei in UU. Too bad it can't set up on other Psychics as they carry Focus Blast. Overall, I like Mega Lunatone a lot. I can see it being potent on every type of team thanks to its good balance of power and bulk, as well as Prankster to aid its low Speed.

Last edited:
With regards to custom abilities being banned unless they are simply a clone of an existing ability; Are custom field effect inducing abilities such as Trick Room and Terrains considered to be clones of Drizzle, etc, or are they illegal?
And other things like an Intimidate clone that drops SpA etc, or Fur Coat for SpD.
How strict is this rule?

With regards to custom abilities being banned unless they are simply a clone of an existing ability; Are custom field effect inducing abilities such as Trick Room and Terrains considered to be clones of Drizzle, etc, or are they illegal?
And other things like an Intimidate clone that drops SpA etc, or Fur Coat for SpD.
How strict is this rule?
Intimidate, Fur Coat, etc clones are fine. They're pretty easy to copy their existing code then edit. I'd say to hold off on field abilities for now, as cool as some of the Terrain and Trick Room inducing Megas from last time were, but they might be fine.

I'm gonna bring this up with the rest of the council. Just try to stay away from creating a new ability unless your Mega really needs it or if it just fits so well. Coding abilities like this on their own isn't particularly difficult, but getting more than 10 or 15 these abilities could slow down development a bit. Just try to work with the already existing abilities if you can and save the customs for special cases.

EDIT: Just use the ones Peef has asterisked in the 4th post

Last edited:
Well... About discussing our megas...

Mega-Luna: It's typing-stats will not be enough for OU at all... Like Mega-Tyran, getting you mega slot on something with not enough attacking potential (140 SpA is on par with Chandy which isn't enough to break in OU)... Especially when we consider that both STABs are just base 80 power... If you only go RP you will be fast enough to deal with many offensive pokes but without enough power against Balance-Stall... If you go Calm Mind, you will be powerful to deal some damage, but you will be slow even for wallbreaking... You will also need moonlight for recovery, and that will leave you with two slots (only one if you decide to go with both CM and RP)... Because of that, I wouldn't advise going offensive but using it just for prankster support with SR, TW, some recovery and a STAB... However, even a defensive role will be hard to play with Mega-Luna having a hideous defensive typing being weak to Water-Ground-Fighting-Steel (three of those having priority absolutely SUCKS for Mega Luna)... So... Will you really use your mega spot on something that will have such a hard time setupping and absolutely needing it for offensive roles and is pretty much outclassed by Tyranitar on offensive roles for a Rock-Dark poke? I won't for sure... Maybe UU-RU could be a better home for this one...

Mega Solrock on the other side can be better for sweeping with Rock Head negating recoil and giving Mega Sol absolutely good STABs to work with... Also base 80 speed can help Mega Sol to go Adamant and use RP and still outspeed a lot of things (Misses on Scarf Latis but if you are concerned by those you could go Jolly) dealing nice damage, especially for lategame sweeps... Sadly being weak against A LOT of priority moves (Aqua Jet - Mach Punch/Vacuum wave being the most troublesome) can also cut those expected sweeps... Also, good STABs + RP will give you a last slot free for something like SR, WoW, or extra Coverage with Earthquake... It can even go with Explosion for a bang... So, this one could go on OU as long as it avoids water - ground types, but I'm probably seeing it more on UU as a speedy Megarupt...

See ya guys!

shoulda finished mine, forgot sry

Blissey
G-Luke
NV
Rennyjesus

Diggersby
TickTock
MegaFlareon
OU Banned My Masquerain

Blissey:
  1. zerobreaker000
  2. tyrarrow1
  3. OU Banned my Masquerain
Diggersby:
  1. Darth Manaphy
  2. tyrarrow1
  3. InvisibleWater

Last edited:

T.I.A.

formerly Ticktock
Blissey
G-Luke
NV
Rennyjesus

Diggersby
G-Luke
MegaFlareon
OU Banned My Masquerain

Last edited:
Looks like you forgot to include the only balanced submissions The Reptile's submissions.

Mega Diggersby

1. The Reptile
  2. Darth Manaphy
  3. tyarrow1
Mega Blissey
  1. zerobreaker000
  2. The Reptile
  3. tyarrow1

Hey... Did you guys noted that some submissions have a few mistakes in base stats? Those will affect the opinion on a few of you because it make Diggers a little bit faster - bulkier than it really is... So, please check those details before accepting submissions - voting for them...

See ya!

Went ahead and fixed my diggersby. Because of my terrible calculation skills, it actually didn't change the mega's stats much. Weird.

Mega Diggersby:
Stocke
Darth Manaphy
MegaFlareon

Mega Blissey:
MegaFlareon
Rennyjesus
Zerobreaker000

Last edited:
Diggersby
Ticktock
MegaFlareon
OU Banned My Masquerain
Hey dude... you can't vote for yourself... then, you should get another one for voting on your list...

My votes:
Diggersby
1.- Tyarrow
2.- Ticktock
3.- Hosemisnuba

Blissey
1.- Tyarrow
2.- Zerobreaker000
3.- Mega Flareon

I'm gonna lose again T_T

Results! In tally marks because its how my brain functions easiest:
Blissey:
Zerobreaker000 - IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
G-Luke - IIIIIIII
NV - IIII
Tyarrow1 - IIIIIIIIIII
Rennyjesus - IIIIIIIIIII
OU Banned my Masquerain - I
Megaflareon - IIIIIII
McFlareon - III
Stocke - I

Diggersby:
MegaFlareon - IIIIIII
TickTock - IIIIII
G-Luke - III
hosemisnuba - IIIIIII
Lord Braixen - II
Stocke - III
NV - II
Darth Manaphy - IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Tyarrow1 - IIIIII
OU Banned My Masquerain - IIIIII
InvisibleWater - I
McFlareon - IIIIII
The Reptile - III

The winners are zerobreaker000's Mega Blissey and Darth Manaphy's Mega Diggersby!

Next round will be up before tonight is over, all things permitting. In the meantime, theorymon!

Hey Peef, I think you should increase the slate to like at least 3 (optimally 5) mons or more. There are too many mons to vote for only two each week.

Hey Peef, I think you should increase the slate to like at least 3 (optimally 5) mons or more. There are too many mons to vote for only two each week.
Last time we did Megas For All we did 4 mons each week, but that made it difficult to balance the mons and keep track of them. This time around, we decided to slow things down to balance and steadily introduce new Megas into the metagame. It's going to take longer, but hopefully with this we should at least have a functional metagame once it's done, unlike last time.

New slate should be up soon guys. Almost reached a conclusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)