Megas For All: V3! (Slate #4 VOTING; Check Post #170)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nalei

strong, wild garbage
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Klefki

1. mcFlareon
2. OU banned my masquerain
3. Pika Xtreme

Whimsicott

1. Jaguar360
2. Stocke
3. nv

Results!
Klefki:
The Reptile - IIIIIII
RennyJesus - III
McFlareon - IIIIIIIIII
Jaguar360 - IIIIII
Stocke - II
OU Banned My Masquerain - IIIIIIIII
Miyami~~ - III
NV - I
Pika Xreme - I

Whimsicott:
The Reptile - IIIIIII
Stocke - IIIIIIII
Tyarrow1 - III
Jaguar360 - IIIIIIIII
Mega Flareon - IIII
NV - II
Miyami~~ - IIIIII
Pika Xreme - I
McFlareon - II

The winners are mcFlareon's Mega Klefki and Jaguar360's Mega Whimsicott! Next slate will be up very shortly

Slate #4: Royal Blues

The king and queen need some new toys to rule with!

Limitations:
Ability level:

Anything at the level of Sheer Force or below is permitted

Move Restrictions:

Only one move addition, since they're relatively viable

Also a consistency sidenote: Dont change primary types from here on out! It goes against precedent.

Submissions will close (give or take, I gauge based on thread activity) a week from today!

Nidoking-Mega

Type: Poison/Ground -> Poison/Ground
Ability: Poison Point/Rivalry/Sheer Force -> Tough Claws
New Moves: +Swords Dance
HP: 81 -> 81 (+0)
Attack: 102 -> 132 (+30)
Defense: 77 -> 107 (+30)
Special Attack: 85 -> 95 (+10)
Special Defense: 75 -> 85 (+10)
Speed: 85 -> 105 (+20)
Justification: Despite Nidoking's reputation as a special-oriented mixed wallbreaker in competitive battling, his Pokédex entry and his appearance suggest that he should instead fulfill the role of a powerful physical wallbreaker. And that's exactly what I've tried to do here; I replaced Sheer Force with the superior-for-physical-combat option of Tough Claws, boosting most of his physical coverage options aside from Earthquake and Rock Slide/Stone Edge. (While this at first may seem like he has no viable Sheer Force-boosted Ground STAB, he learns Drill Run through Move Tutor which ends up being more powerful than Earthquake after a Sheer Force boost.) Not only that, he has access to a powerful boosting option in Swords Dance. In general, especially given the upgrade from a mediocre 85 speed tier to a great 105 speed tier, Mega Nidoking is a very different kind of offensive threat from his base form, and one that has turned out all the better for it.

Nidoqueen-Mega

Type:
Poison/Ground -> Poison/Ground
Ability: Poison Point/Rivalry/Sheer Force -> Sheer Force
New Moves: +Calm Mind
HP: 90 -> 90 (+0)
Attack: 92 -> 102 (+10)
Defense: 87 -> 117 (+30)
Special Attack: 75 -> 105 (+30)
Special Defense: 85 -> 105 (+20)
Speed: 76 -> 86 (+10)
Justification: I was tempted to give Nidoqueen Multiscale given that many of her Pokédex entries remark on her tough scales and the fact that her name contains "queen" which suggests she should have something to set herself apart from the vast majority of other Pokémon, but most of her base form's viability comes from Sheer Force so at any rate it's something that's definitely worth keeping. The main reason that Mega Nidoqueen plays differently from her base form is the added bulk and base Special Attack, which combined with her defensive typing which can be tricky at times grants her many opportunities to set up with her newly-gained boosting move Calm Mind (available on her base form too, but probably more viable on her Mega form given the added bulk). Her stats complement the role of a bulky Calm Minder quite nicely, with high Defense and solid special stats as well as a decent HP all being useful boons for her. Her Attack stat still doesn't have much use, but the rest of her virtues make up for it.​

Nidoqueen

Poison/Ground --> Poison/Fairy

HP: 90 --> 90 (0)
Atk: 92 --> 100 (+8)
Def: 87 --> 130 (+43)
SpA: 75 --> 95 (+20)
SpD: 85 --> 125 (+40)
Spe: 76 --> 65 (-11)

Poison Point/Rivalry/Sheer Force --> Thick Fat

New Moves: Milk Drink

As the more defensive of the two Nidos, I thought Queen should have a better defensive typing than Poison/Ground. Nidoqueen is much more bulky looking than the muscular Nidoking and it gives an additional two resistances on top of Nidoqueen's new typing

As for that typing, Fairy seems like a type that is given to more...feminine looking Pokemon (Diancie, Florges, Clefable, etc.) and combined with Niodqueen's Poison typing and the addition of Thick Fat as an ability gives it amazing resistances to common types like Fire, Ice, Fighting and Dark while also giving an immunity to Dragon type moves as well as Toxic.

Finally, Nidoqueen's art makes it look like it has...well...add that to its infamous idle animation from the Japanese version of Pokemon Stadium and Milk Drink makes some sense to me as a move to add to its movepool.

Nidoking

Poison/Ground --> Poison/Steel

HP: 81 --> 81 (0)
Atk: 102 --> 140 (+38)
Def: 77 --> 95 (+18)
SpA: 85 --> 95 (+10)
SpD: 75 --> 85 (+10)
Spe: 85 --> 109 (+24)

Poison Point/Rivalry/Sheer Force --> Tough Claws

New Moves: Iron Head

As for Nidoking, the Steel typing is really personal preference in this case. My personal image of a Mega Nidoking is having its armor plating turning to steel. It has sharp claws on its hands so Tough Claws replaces Sheer Force and Iron Head is simply a solid new STAB move that gets the Tough Claws boost.

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus

Nidoking-Mega
Ability: Poison Point/Rivarly/Sheer Force ----> Guts
Typing: Poison/Ground

Stats:

HP: 81 ----> 81
Attack: 102 ----> 147 (+45)
Defense: 77 ----> 87 (+10)
Special Attack: 85 ----> 100 (+15)
Special Defense: 75 ----> 85 (+10)
Speed: 85 ----> 105 (+20)
Base Stat Total: 505 ----> 605
Movepool Additions: +Swords Dance
Justification: The only status that normally cripple Nidoking via its typing is a burn (and paralysis via moves such as Glare and Body Slam) so I decided to capitalize on that by giving it Guts and a massive Attack boost. In fact, the Attack boost puts it on par with normal Life Orb Nidoking. With it is fast and powerful, it lacks to bulk to tank any strong neutral hit or super effective hit meaning its decent resistances aren't as valuable. It also is still outsped by a lot of other Megas and offensive threats, meaning it can't reliably sweep unless faster threats that resist Sucker Punch are taken care of or weakened such as Keldeo.

Nidoqueen-Mega
Ability: Poison Point/Rivalry/Sheer Force ----> Regenerator
Typing: Poison/Fairy

Stats:

HP: 90 ----> 90
Attack: 92 ----> 92 (+0)
Defense: 87 ----> 117 (+30)
Special Attack: 75 ----> 105 (+30)
Special Defense: 85 ----> 125 (+40)
Speed: 76 ----> 76 (+0)
Movepool Additions: +Moonblast
Justification: Most of the standard tier's problem with these two is they aren't too different enough that one is usually favored over the other so while I went the offensive route with Nidoking, I decided to go the defensive route with Nidoqueen. I started off by giving it a new and unique typing in Poison/Fairy which has really nice resistances, few weaknesses, and a really good immunity. Next I capitalized on its bulk and special attacking prowess by beefing those stats up. I added Moonblast to give it a move that could be abused in its normal form with Sheer Force or give it a solid STAB move as a Mega. Regenerator allows it to keep itself healthy and it isn't as worn down thanks to its Toxic immunity, making it a very reliable pivot. This bulk boost also means a player can abuse Nidoqueen's unique support moves such as Roar, Toxic Spikes, Stealth Rock, Dragon Tail, and Taunt.​

031.gif

Nidoqueen
-Mega
Ability: Poison Point/Rivalry/Sheer Force -> Tough Claws
New Moves: Milk Drink
Stats
HP: 90 -> 90
Attack: 92 -> 142 (+50)
Defense: 87 -> 107 (+20)
Special Attack: 75 -> 75 (+0)
Special Defense: 85 -> 105 (+20)
Speed: 76 -> 86 (+10)
Description: The female Nidoran family have smaller horns which give them preference for clawing and biting for their offense. Due to extreme levels of protecting and fighting for its young, Nidoqueen's claws have developed extra strength and are now tougher than ever. Not only its claws, but the Queen's bristles have grown sharper to ward off even the toughest of the predators. Finally, Nidoqueen now has Milk Drink which makes so much sense due to its motherly nature.
Competitive: Nidoqueen's stat boosts indicate that it is a formidable tank and a bulky physical attacker. Its new ability, Tough Claws, gives its physical moves the extra power it needs to break down the walls. While often overlooked, Nidoqueen actually gets a good set of physical contact movepool. Poison Jab and Drill Run are great STABs that get the Tough Claws boost while Aqua Tail, Superpower, Crunch, and the Elemental Punches are coverage options that Mega Nidoqueen would very much appreciate. Its small boost in Speed actually gives it a big boost in viability as it allows Nidoqueen to outspeed more threats or just invest more on its delicious bulk. Thanks to its fantastic bulk, Mega Nidoqueen can perform both offensive and defensive roles, giving it an edge of unpredictability. Finally, Mega Nidoqueen now has access to reliable recovery in Milk Drink which complements excellently with its incredible bulk.

034.gif

Nidoking-Mega
Ability: Poison Point/Rivalry/Sheer Force -> No Guard
New Moves: Gunk Shot
Stats
HP: 81 -> 81
Attack: 102 -> 140 (+38)
Defense: 77 -> 57 (-20)
Special Attack: 85 -> 110 (+25)
Special Defense: 75 -> 105(+30)
Speed: 85 -> 112 (+27)
Description: Nidoking's power becomes so focused that he, along with his mighty horn, can now hit its targets with perfect precision and accuracy.
Competitive: Nidoking gains an enormous boost on its offensive stats, allowing it to sweep and wallbreak opponents from both sides of the spectrum. No Guard helps Mega Nidoking a lot as it can now reliably use its high-powered inaccurate moves such as Blizzard, Thunder, Megahorn, and STAB Gunk Shot. Nidoking gains a good amount of speed and special defense increase though at the cost of some regular defense. It's also worth noting that Nidoking's speed tier beats the crowded 110 speed tier, allowing it to outspeed and demolish the likes of Latios, Keldeo, and Mega Metagross.​

Last edited:

Nidoqueen-Mega
Ability: Poison Point/Rivalry/Sheer Force ----> Sheer Force
Typing: Poison/Dark

Stats:

HP: 90 ----> 90
Attack: 92 ----> 85 (-7)
Defense: 87 ----> 120 (+33)
Special Attack: 75 ----> 115(+40)
Special Defense: 85 ----> 115 (+30)
Speed: 76 ----> 80 (+4)
Movepool Additions: +Dark Pulse
Role: Poison/Dark is a wonderful defensive type, fitting in with Nidoqueen being the more defensive of the two. Dark Pulse, to the shock of no one, allows Nidoqueen to use this typing offensively. Additionally, Nidoqueen can defend against enemy Ground-types using Ice Beam, which it learns because lol Gen 1 non-Electric movepools.

Nidoking-Mega
Ability: Poison Point/Rivarly/Sheer Force ----> Mold Breaker

Stats:

HP: 81 ----> 81
Attack: 102 ----> 160 (+58)
Defense: 77 ----> 84 (+7)
Special Attack: 85 ----> 85
Special Defense: 75 ----> 80 (+5)
Speed: 85 ----> 115 (+30)
Movepool Additions: +Wild Charge
Role: As the more offensive of the two, Nidoking keeps its excellent typing, and gains an ability that actually compliments it by allowing it to hit Levitators like Rotom. It's only a little bulkier than before, but now it isn't taking damage whenever it wants to Earthquake something. Almost any potential wall can be taken out by one of its coverage moves.​

Mega Nidoking
Ability
: Poison Point/Rivalry/Sheer Force -> Royal Armor (clone of Fur Coat)
Stats:
Atk: 102 -> 147 (+45)
Def: 77 -> 87 (+10)
SpA: 85 -> 100 (+15)
SpD: 75 -> 95 (+20)
Speed: 85 -> 95 (+10)
Total: 505 -> 605 (+100)
Added Moves: Swords Dance
Descriptions: This is kind of a concept I had back in the last thread, but didn't have the chance to post. Poison/Ground isn't too bad of a STAB pair, and Mega Nidoking can certainly use a boosting set... if it has the bulk to. Which is where this enters! Royal Armor, based on Nidoking's (and Nidoqueen's) royalty theme, it gives Mega Nidoking a lot more of an defensive bulk, allowing it to set up SDs with ease against physical threats, and start wrecking house from there. With a bit of bulk investment, it can totally set up more than one Swords Dance, and the vast coverage it has helps with covering threats, too. That said, it's still somewhat slow, and special attacks still break it with ease.

Mega Nidoqueen
Ability
: Poison Point/Rivalry/Sheer Force -> Royal Armor (clone of Fur Coat)
Stats:
Atk: 92 -> 92
Def: 87 -> 107 (+20)
SpA: 75 -> 110 (+35)
SpD: 85 -> 130 (+45)
Speed: 76 -> 76
Added Moves: Slack Off
Descriptions: Poison/Ground isn't a bad defensive typing either. With resitances to Fighting, Fairy, Rock and an immunity to Electric, Mega Nidoqueen is the tank/wall to Mega Nidoking's bruiser, having 90/107/130 bulk compounded by Royal Armor, allowing it to tank some ridiculous things like Mega Medicham's Zen Headbutt. Against boosting opponents, Mega Nidoqueen can just Roar them away, and Slack Off gives M-Nidoqueen a way to heal off its sustained damage. That 110 SpA isn't bad either, making sure that it wouldn't be a sitting duck, and actually has some offensive presense. That said, strong special moves can still put a huge dent in it or outright KO, and its power isn't quite as strong as its regular variant.​

Nidoking-Mega
Ability: Poison Point / Rivalry / Sheer Force ---> Tough Claws
Typing:
Poison / Ground
Stats:
Atk: 102 -> 142 (+40)
Def: 77 -> 87 (+10)
SpA: 85 -> 105 (+20)
SpD: 75 -> 85 (+10)
Speed: 85 -> 105 (+20)
Moves:
Wood Hammer
Description:
WIP

Nidoqueen-Mega
Ability: Poison Point / Rivalry / Sheer Force ---> Bulletproof
Typing:
Poison / Ground
Stats:
Atk: 92 -> 102 (+10)
Def: 87 -> 127 (+40)
SpA: 75 -> 85 (+10)
SpD: 85 -> 105 (+20)
Speed: 76 -> 96 (+20)
Moves:
Spiky Shield
Description:
WIP

Mega Nidoqueen
Type: Poison/Ground -> Poison/Fairy
Ability: Poison Point/Rivalry/Sheer Force -> Fairy Aura
New Moves: Draining Kiss
Attack: 92 -> 82 (-10)
Defence: 87 -> 107 (+20)
Special Attack: 75 -> 125 (+50)
Special Defence: 85 -> 95 (+10)
Speed: 76 -> 106 (+30)
Justification: WIP

Mega Nidoking
Type: Poison/Ground -> Poison/Dark
Ability: Poison Point/Rivalry/Sheer Force -> Sheer Force
New Moves: N/A
Attack: 102 -> 142 (+40)
Defence: 77 -> 77 (+0)
Special Attack: 85 -> 125 (+40)
Special Defence: 85 -> 105 (+20)
Justification: This was designed as a counterpart to Nidoqueen, what with the typing at all, and was designed with offensive presence. The boosted attack and special attack stat make Nidoking a fearsome sweeper off of either stat, depending on what your team needs.

canno

formerly The Reptile

Nidoking Mega
Ability: Mold Breaker
Typing:

Stats: 81 / 142 (+40) / 92 (+15) / 100 (+15) / 90 (+15) / 100 (+15) [BST 605 (+100)]
Movepool Additions: Swords Dance
Description (Competitive): With Mold Breaker, Nidoking becomes a terrifying wallbreaker, being able to Taunt pass Magic Bounce and, more importantly, hit levitating Pokemon with powerful Earthquakes. It even has usable SpA to use moves like Ice Beam for Lando-T and Garchomp and Fire Blast for Skarmory. It also has a usable base 100 speed, letting it notably speed tie with the likes of M-Charizard and M-Gardevoir. To round it out it now has access to Swords Dance - notably, Nidoking is not stopped by Unaware thanks to Mold Breaker. Mold Breaker, Swords Dance, and Taunt let Nidoking crave out a niche for itself against stall teams.

Nidoqueen Mega
Ability: Filter
Typing:

Stats: 90 / 102 (+10) / 122 (+35) / 85 (+10) / 120 (+35) / 86 (+10) [BST 605 (+100)]
Movepool Additions: Slack Off
Description (Competitive): Much like how Nidoking has an ability that affects attacks hitting things, Nidoqueen has an ability that affects attacks hitting her. Filter covers a lot of Nidoqueens weaknessses, making it bulkier than 90/122/120 would imply. It also now has access to recovery in the form of Slack Off, meaning that it can finally become the wall that it was trying to be. Meanwhile it still hits decently hard with its 102 base attack. 86 speed is also pretty good for a wall, letting it outspeed things that you wouldn't think it would.

Nidoking-Mega
Item
: Nidokingite
Type: Ground/Poison --> Ground/Poison
Stats: BST: 505--> 605 (+100)
81/102/77/85/75/85-- > 81/132 (+30)/70 (-7)/115 (+30)/112 (+32)/95 (+10)
Ability: Poison Point/Rivalry/Sheer Force ---> Protean (I honestly think protean is significantly better than the rating system is giving it credit for, but it happens to be the same rank as Sheer Force) (Who cares! Nidoking + Protean + Nidoking's Movepool= WOW!)
Movepool Additions: None (Protean too stronk!)

Introduction

Nidoking's role as a special wallbreaker is not to be taken lightly: because of sheer force+ life orb, and its retarded move pool (with 12 high powered attack types for coverage), Nidoking, even with its mediocre 85 special attack, is a force to be reckoned with. The fact its OU (now Uber)counterpart, Landorus-I has been banned twice since its introduction, even with a vastly inferior move pool (it lacks a flying stab for christ sake), attest to the overwhelming power of specially oriented sheer force users. While Nidoking is certainly a beast, its (relatively) lacking defenses, its mediocre speed tier, and its poor ability to use its physical movepool prevent it from dominating the current OU tier. With the mega boost l'm proposing, Nidoking would become more than capable of beating OU to a pulp (unless its stopped by priority or faster pokes that is)

Explanation

Nidoking already has sheer force, so I decided, seeing how protean was apparently in the same class, and is a similar ability, to a degree, that I would give Nidoking's mega the ability. Protean gives Nidoking the ability to have STAB on all moves in its absurdly massive move pool, switch to a different type of upon using said moves, and most importantly, Nidoking use attacks on both sides of physical and special spectrum. To help bolster the impact of Nidoking's newly acquired mixed-wall breaking capabilities, I gave Nidoking a generous (+30) boost on both attack and special attack. The added speed (now base 95) allows Nidoking to outspeed a decent number of pokes when maxed and, at the same time (slighty balances Nidoking) by giving him plenty of common, faster checks and counters, like Keldeo (Specs probably), Choice Scarf Landorus, Choice Scarf Excadrill. The defense spread is used as a way to balance Nidoking-Mega. Originally, I was going to give Nidoking 81/90/90 defences, but then I realized Nidoking-Mega, as I proposed, would be too overwhelming, and lack some balance that I feel it needed. The current defense spread of 81/70/112 make it very similar to Hoopa-Unbound, allowing it tank most special attacks comfortably, but be trashed by physical attacks.

In summary, the Nidoking-mega I propose would be a mixed wall breaker of epic proportions. It would only be held back by the numerous fast mega that will probably infest this tier as well as pokemon above 95 base attack.

I have some ideas for Nidoqueen, but I type them later.

Nidoking-Mega
Type:
Poison/Ground ---> Poison/Steel
Stats: 81/122 (+20)/120 (+43) /95 (+10)/122 (+47) /65 (-20)
Ability: Poison Point/Rivalry/Sheer Force ---> Dirt Eater (Ground Type Volt Absorb)
Movepool Additions: King's Shield (Think about it)
Justification: Nidoking is a... king. Sadly, he won't have much viable Steel STAB besides Iron Tail, but poison is probably the better fairy buster anyway.

Explanation: Becoming a Poison/Steel with ground absorb means a few differences from Levitate. First off, immunity to ground in this regard includes moves like Spikes and Sand Attack, but ignores 'grounded' effects like switching into Spikes already laid down or Arena Trap and Gravity Shenanigans cannot stop it!

Nidoqueen-Mega
Type:
Poison/Ground ---> Poison/Dragon
Stats: 81/127 (+25)/87/125 (+50)/85/101 (+25)
Ability: Poison Point/Rivalry/Sheer Force ---> Contrary (apparently its same tier as Sheer Force so it works)
Movepool Additions: Draco Meteor
Justification: Scaly, beastly like a kaiju Godzilla.

Explanation: NP Draco, Bulk Up Super Power, add whatever coverage moves you wish. Sludge Wave covers fairies, and the remaining resistors (Shedinja and Ghost/Steels) are handled by Fire Blast or Pursuit.

Last edited:

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone

Name: Mega-Nidoking
Type: Poison/Ground
Ability: Simple
Stats: 81/122(+20)/86(+9)/122(+37)/85(+10)/109(+24)
New move: Gunk Shot
Justification: A humble king that becomes violent and strong when needed.
Explanation: Nidoking is a very versatile wallbreaker, with a huge movepool. However, MegaNidoking doesn't have the option of using Choiced items, and can't use set-up moves. Simple Mega-Nidoking tries to solve that problem. With Hone Claws, it can set up it's Attack on the same level as Swords Dance and also get boosted accuracy. Gunk Shot, Megahorn, Stone Edge, Dragon Tail, Steel Tail, Aqua Tail and Head Smash can be used more safely against opponents. In a mixed set, Blizzard, Thunder, Fire Blast and Focus Blast can also be used safely. MegaNidoking trades Sheer Force's power for better set-up abilities and lots of secondary effects. The wallbreaking abilities of Nidoking are boosted not only with high offensive stats, but also with more accuracy and boosted attack.

Name: Mega-Nidoqueen
Ability: Serene Grace
Stats: 90/107(+15)/117(+30)/75/115(+30)/101(+25)
New move: Needle Arm
Justification: A graceful queen that has luck and strength on her side. Needle Arm is there because a bunch of Pokedex entries talk about needle-like scales.
Explanation: Nidoqueen's huge movepool allows her to access the most varied secondary effects, and while Sheer Force removes them in favor of power, Serene Grace allows her to pass off statuses and flinch enemies easily. Serene Grace Poison Fang can badly poison things safely (100% chance), without having to worry about Taunt. Body Slam has a 60% chance of paralyzing opponents, and Needle Arm and Rock Slide have the same chance to flinch them. Crunch has a 40% chance of lowering the foe's defense, and Shadow Ball has the same chance to lower the foe's Special Defense. There are also many other moves with situational 20% chances of burning or freezing foes. Overall, MegaNidoqueen can wallbreak by abusing stat drops, passing off unstoppable physical Toxic and making them flinch while trying to heal.​

Nalei

strong, wild garbage
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
--->

Mega Nidoking (Please excuse how bad I am at pixel art)
Ability: Moxie
HP: 81 (+0)
Attack: 157 (+55)
Defense: 97 (+20)
Special Attack: 95 (+10)
Special Defense: 75 (+0)
Speed: 100 (+15)
New Move: Gunk Shot
Design and Justification: With its pokedex entries talking about its horn and tail being terrifying forces, it only seemed natural that Nidoking should become a more physically oriented attacker. Although intimidate, tough claws, sheer force and battle armor all seemed like good choices, the defensive abilities aren't particularly useful and the offensive ones are rather unoriginal. In design, I felt that it would make the most sense to make it very menacing while putting the main focus on its tail and horn.
Explanation: With its speed being boosted to 100, it can find a lot more outspeeds and does considerably more damage than special non-mega Nidoking. After a moxie boost, it can take out the majority of the OU tier and is difficult to wall. After it hits a +2, it becomes virtually unwallable with the exceptions of Mega Slowbro, Hippowdon and a few lower tiered pokemon. Despite this, most walls can deal with it as long as it hasn't gotten a kill yet and its relatively low speed for a sweeper prevents it from sweeping.

--->

Mega Nidoqueen
(Sorry, I forgot to add a tail >.<)
Ability: Marvel Scale
HP: 90 (+0)
Attack: 102 (+10)
Defense: 137 (+50)
Special Attack: 85 (+10)
Special Defense: 115 (+30)
Speed: 76 (+0)
New Move: Milk Drink
Design and Justification: Nidoqueen's pokedex entries always seem to mention its hard scales. I could either go for multiscale or marvel scale, but decided on the latter because although both are rare, marvel scale is never (with the exception of some odd Milotics) used. In design, I felt that it should be mostly focused on the scales, and thus gain a more bulky and reptilian appearance.
Explanation: With Nidoqueen already being immune to poison and (mostly) paralysis, sleep and burn are the only major statuses that can be inflicted on it (there's nor reliable way of inflicting freeze). With marvel scale, your opponent now has incentive to not burn you, leaving you susceptible to only sleep, which has few users and can be stopped via sleep clause. With its now improved bulk, it can utilize milk drink effectively, all the while being able to set hazards, deal decent damage, status foes and even drop stats if you feel like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)