ORAS LC Meowth Destroys Everything.

Truth be told, I'm not the type of player that spends hours trying to figure out which Pokes would fit best in the team, I just like to play around with different sets that are potentially powerful and then try to put them together in a team. Sometimes the results are catastrophic, sometimes I'm able to come up with amazing teams like the one up here.

FROM THE BLUEPRINT...
So there's me abusing of the new filter feature that Showdown has implemented: suddenly I notice that the filter combo "fake out" - "technician" - "normal (type)" produces one single and astonishingly potentially powerful result: Meowth will be the first member of my new Little Cup team!
My personal Stunky set is a must-have in every LC team I build, so there he is.
"My ideal Meowth fears Sticky Web and Stealth Rocks, as he'll keep switching in and out" I think. So the best spinner in my LC experience joins: Tentacool, you're in.
"Half of the team done and I already have two poison types on my side? Better cover that"; search for levitating pokemons that can set up and I guarantee you, you won't find a better option than Chingling. "He can also provide STABbed psychic attacks, phenomenal!"
"The team is great, cute and strong, but gets smashed by WoW, especially if coming out of a Ponyta, or a Larvesta" so Diglett becomes the most obvious choice, and Dwebble gets picked as Crustle has been my favourite Poke from Gen5.

...TO THE BATTLEFIELD!
@ Life Orb​
Ability: Technician
Level: 5
EVs: 236 Atk / 76 SpD / 196 Spe

Jolly Nature
IVs: 19 HP
- Return
- U-turn
- Bite
- Fake Out

You don't know. You just don't know. I imagined this moneygrabber would have been good, but would have never thought he would have been such a devastating force of nature. Let me break this down: Fake Out is guaranteed to hit and flinch with a 60 power stabbed move. Add Life Orb to that at the cost of only 1 HP per attack (that's why he has 19 IVs in HP). Bite gets to 90 power, and is there not only to scare Gastly and Abra, but also to neutrally hit Steel-types. U-Turn for damage + safe switching and Return to finish what Fake Out begins.
Keep switching in and out and abuse of Fake Out's amazing power, and by the time you'll be dead because of Life Orb, your opponent will have lost haf of his team. I guarantee.

@ Eviolite
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 92 HP / 92 Atk / 60 Def / 108 SpA / 108 SpD / 4 Spe
Brave Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Flamethrower
- Sludge Bomb
- Pursuit

2 words: top class. This is everything you need to describe the set with the longest EVs spread in the history of LC. Completely traps Abra and Gastly, and if you think burning him is enough to stop him well, you better wait for him to throw a STABbed Sludge Bomb in yo' face. Flamethrower, at last, scares Pawniard and grants a 2HKO on him.

@ Eviolite
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 196 HP / 156 Def / 36 SpD / 116 Spe
Calm Nature
- Knock Off
- Scald
- Sludge Bomb
- Rapid Spin

Is fast, has to spin, will surely spin, I thought to myself when i finished with this set. Oh, how wrong was I: this guy provides many other interesting abilities, such as Knock Off and an incredible special bulk. If that wasn't enough, his two STAB attacks provide a 30% chance of burning for Scald and poisoning for Sludge Bomb, and even if he hasn't the highest special attack an 80 base power STABbed move always hits pretty hard.

(M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 76 HP / 200 Def / 80 SpA / 120 SpD
Calm Nature
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Stored Power
- Recover
- Cosmic Power

Starts with Chin but isn't the most common and oveused Pokemon in LC history. Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the biggest surprise of the team. This guy commonly switches in when the opponent brings on a Drilbur, and generally protects Stunky and Tentacool from powerful Ground type attacks. Not only he does that, he's able to boost both its defenses and make up for the eventual loss of his eviolite. Stored Power destroys everything that does not resist it, and HP Fighting is there for Pawniard. The only problem with it is that he isn't exactly Little Cup's Usain Bolt.

@ Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Memento
- Rock Slide

You were wondering where SR had gone, weren't you? Well, there they are, since you don't expect a Diglett to set SR, survive any hit thanks to Sash and then commit suicide to lower your attacks so I can switch in with anything I want. Rock Slide, at last, allows me to OHKO Larvesta and Flying types in general.

@ Berry Juice
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 236 Atk / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Rock Blast
- X-Scissor
- Earthquake

This guy is usually used as a late game sweeper. Once I get rid of the two-three Pokes that check him, he's ready to go. Also, because of the Berry Juice-Sturdy combination, this guy literally has 2 lives. And I'm going to use them at their full potential. Both of them.

Attachments

Corporal Levi

ninjadog of the decade
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Hello Simone Casotti,
Firstly, I would like to say that you did an excellent job of using some more unorthodox mons to good effect. Unfortunately, Chingy L is unviable to the point where it really doesn't have any redeemable points at all. (This is very different from Meowth or Shell Smash Dwebble, which, although uncommon, can still be worth using on the right team.) Chingy L also does not check the Ground-types that you need it to - you mentioned it as a Drilbur switch-in, but Drilbur is usually a Mold Breaker variant, which lets it bypass Levitate and hit Chingy L with a powerful Earthquake, allowing it to eventually win. In other words, you are still very weak to Ground-types.

As such, I would like to suggest bulky Staryu over Tentacool. Staryu is one of the tier's most effective Drilbur checks, as it is able to avoid the 2HKO from Earthquake the majority of the time, and then outspeed Drilbur to recover back to full health or force it out with Scald. It should otherwise play quite similarly to Tentacool as a fast spinner.
Staryu @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 116 HP / 156 Def / 36 SpA / 156 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Recover
- Thunder Wave / Psychic
The given EVs allow Staryu to outheal Drilbur's Earthquake with Recover; I have opted for 18 Speed to run an extra Special Attack point, because you have trappers for most common 18 and 19 Speed Pokemon. Scald is a mandatory STAB move, Recover allows Staryu to stick around, and Rapid Spin is the reason to use Staryu in the first place. For the last moveslot, Thunder Wave allows Staryu to better check some Shell Smashers that might otherwise give your team trouble, but Psychic is also a nice option to hit Fighting-type switch-ins.

Of course, Tentacool has its advantages, too; there are two major groups of Pokemon that Tentacool checks effectively that Staryu does not, which are Fighting-types and Fairy-types. To fix these newfound weaknesses, I think you should use Larvesta over Chingy L. Chingy L is not a very good Fighting-type check, as Fighting-types almost always run Knock Off as a coverage move. On the other hand, Larvesta can discourage Fighting-types from even attacking just by being on a team because of Flame Body's burn chance. It also walls Fairy-types, which can't hope to even hurt Larvesta thanks to its Fire-typing. Unfortunately, it is extremely weak to Stealth Rock, but Staryu can spin them away.
Larvesta @ Eviolite
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 76 HP / 236 Def / 36 SpA / 156 SpD
Relaxed / Bold Nature
- Morning Sun
- Fire Blast
- U-turn / Will-O-Wisp
- Calm Mind / Will-O-Wisp
The given EVs give Larvesta plenty of physical bulk to check the predominantly physical Fighting-types. Morning Sun is vital for Larvesta to last as long as it needs to and abuse Flame Body more. Fire Blast is a powerful STAB move, and allows it to fare better against Bulk Up Timburr. U-turn is useful early- and mid-game for gaining momentum, and helps to get Diglett and Meowth in safely; it helps that Larvesta's U-turn is the most powerful in the tier. Calm Mind gives Larvesta the opportunity to sweep late game, in case the opponent is resistant to a Dwebble sweep (if they are running Fighting spam, for example). Will-O-Wisp is also a good choice for its guaranteed burn chance, making Larvesta less reliant on Flame Body to spread burns. If you use Will-O-Wisp over Calm Mind, you can try changing Larvesta to the standard physical set of Morning Sun/Flare Blitz/U-turn/Will-O-Wisp with an EV spread of 76 HP / 236 Def / 156 SpD / 36 Spe and an Impish nature.

Other than that, I have a few, more minor suggestions for your movesets. For Meowth, Knock Off over Bite gives Meowth more power initially, gets rid of Berry Juice, and most importantly, permanently cripples the target. Although it is weaker after the opponent has already lost their Eviolite, most targets of Meowth's Dark-type attack will be OHKOed or 2HKOed, anyways.
For Dwebble, I think you should replace X-Scissor. It does not offer very useful coverage, as Psychic-types are trapped by Stunky, and the most common Grass-types have secondary typings that make them neutral to Bug. Aerial Ace and Counter are both fun choices to help Dwebble get around Fighting-types, although the former does not OHKO many of the bulkier Fighting-types and the latter requires good prediction. Substitute is another decent move to help Dwebble pop Berry Juice more easily to take advantage of Berry Juice in case you can't keep hazards off the field, as well as set up on slower status users. Knock Off cripples switch-ins so that you can sweep more easily later, as well as hitting bulkier Psychic-types hard, although these are rare nowadays.

That's all I have now. Good luck!

Hey Corporal Levi!
Gotta thank you for your suggestions; in fact, I had already noticed that at higer levels Chingling gets smashed pretty easily, and most Drilburs can rely on MB to hit him.

I'll surely try out bulky Staryu, but I'm stil pretty worried about Spritzee: looking at my team he can pretty much switch-in safely and Wishpass for days. Maybe a Taunt user would be useful?

Corporal Levi

ninjadog of the decade
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
That won't help, as Spritzee's Aroma Veil makes it immune to Taunt.
However, as long as Larvesta is available to completely wall Spritzee, you should have plenty of opportunities to use Stunky or Diglett to trap whatever is weakened before Spritzee can pass them a Wish.

Day 2
Bulky Staryu is working perfectly and I really enjoy him being able to outheal most of the Pokes he switches in, such as Archen and Drilbur. It can also deal awesome damage to Mienfoo with Psychic, which i picked over TWave. Larvesta, whose set i had already tried with my old LC team, is doing great, and has ruined more Mienfoos than any other of my Pokes has ever done. I love it!
A little situation I've found myself in too many times is ShellSmash Shellder lead. Often leading with Meowth, I have to sacrifice one of my Pokes to let Meowth destroy Shellder with a double Fake Out, since I can't outspeed Shellder in any way after a Shell Smash, and Dwebble can't make a good use of Sturdy due to Shellder's multi-hit moves

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)