Metalheads United ;D

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
Personally I find that good music is >>>>>> bad music. Genres can go fuck themselves. If you feel the need to classify your personal tastes by the genre than go right ahead, but I find that to be terribly close-minded.

That being said, all Nu-Metal sucks. Then again, so does Lamb of God. And Slayer.

Meanwhile, my tastes are eclectic but I'll generally listen to a bit of everything. Favorites are Iron Maiden, Ensiferum, Symphony X. Ayreon being a guilty pleasure. I love me some Arsis, and some Amon Amarth when in the mood, along with Reinkaos by Dissection. Everything else by Dissection though is meh in my opinion. And Communion by Septic Flesh is one of my all time favorite albums.

Now, please, judge and criticize as you please.

P.S. Yngwie Malmsteen is not a good guitar player, just flashy.

TheValkyries

Personally I find that your first sentence is directly contradicted by most of the ensuing post.
Taste is relative. Thinking otherwise is simply stupid.

And yes, I did just tell you to judge and criticize, and then attack you for it. Just to make this very point.

Taste is relative. Thinking otherwise is simply stupid.

And yes, I did just tell you to judge and criticize, and then attack you for it. Just to make this very point.
Then perhaps you should limit yourself to discussing personal taste, rather than using language that explicitly introduces absolutist value-judgements into the discourse.

TheValkyries

Then perhaps you should limit yourself to discussing personal taste, rather than using language that explicitly introduces absolutist value-judgements into the discourse.
What good is discussing personal tastes? Personal tastes are personal tastes, you can't change them. You can only elaborate them by broadening what you've experienced, but discussing things you've experienced in the past only leaves you with your own set of personal absolutes.

gene

(* ̄(エ) ̄*)
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
What good is discussing personal tastes?
That being said, all Nu-Metal sucks. Then again, so does Lamb of God. And Slayer.

Meanwhile, my tastes are eclectic but I'll generally listen to a bit of everything. Favorites are Iron Maiden, Ensiferum, Symphony X. Ayreon being a guilty pleasure. I love me some Arsis, and some Amon Amarth when in the mood, along with Reinkaos by Dissection. Everything else by Dissection though is meh in my opinion. And Communion by Septic Flesh is one of my all time favorite albums.
great taste man

I'm beginning to wonder whether you are able to string two coherent sentences together without contradicting yourself.

Personally I find that good music is >>>>>> bad music. Genres can go fuck themselves. If you feel the need to classify your personal tastes by the genre than go right ahead, but I find that to be terribly close-minded.

You got it all wrong, your brain is wired to your arse.
All Nu-metal? Have you heard Rage against the machine?
Have you ever been for a Lamb of God show? There music I admit is decent. Not legendary but they do put on one hell of a fucking show.

Yngwie Malmsteen is a great guitar player and just a little flashy.

Symphony X? Really? Hear some real prog. Try queensryche.
Iron maiden. Man that shit is was good when I was 10.
Slayer sucks? Yeah maybe that's why they are considered one of the top 4 thrash bands as well as very influential during there time.

There just judged and criticized you.
Are you happy :)

dude stop thinking with your ass, and use your fucking brain.

Lamb of God sucks? They're awesome in their own way. Not metal, I'll admit, but nevertheless awesome.

Yngwie Malmsteen isn't a good guitar player? He's one of the best out there. I wish my uncle was Yngwie.

You crossed the crooked step (DT FTW XD) when you said Slayer sucks. Here's a big
FUCK YOU
just for you, shithead.

EDIT - oh, and death > black >thrash atm. Can someone show me some awesome black metal other than Dimmu Borgir?

2ND EDIT - Isn't it weird that the thread's name is "Metalheads United ;D", but all we do is fight, here and irl.

Awesome Symphonic Black Metal
Mirrorthrone - Gangrene

Awesome Atmospheric Black Metal
Wolves In The Throne Room - Two Hunters

Awesome Melodic Black Metal
Sear Bliss - Forsaken Symphony

Awesome Raw Black Metal
Satanic Warmaster - Nachzehrer

Anything else?

gene

(* ̄(エ) ̄*)
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
my favorite part is how you expose that guy for having shitty taste, and then back up your own taste with extremely shitty bands. good work.

Awesome Symphonic Black Metal
Mirrorthrone - Gangrene

Awesome Atmospheric Black Metal
Wolves In The Throne Room - Two Hunters

Awesome Melodic Black Metal
Sear Bliss - Forsaken Symphony
i approve of this post.

my favorite part is how you expose that guy for having shitty taste, and then back up your own taste with extremely shitty bands. good work.
i do not approve of this post.

seriously dude, love you, but you have some incredibly shitty opinions about music sometimes. xP

gene

(* ̄(エ) ̄*)
wolves in the throne room and mirrorthrone hardly qualify for "awesome" black metal though. this is probably what you mean by shitty opinion, but i can't stand most 00s black metal except averse sefira.

gene

(* ̄(エ) ̄*)
i think weakling has the same faults as wittr. some moments of excellence, but kind of inconsistent overall. i think i prefer wittr actually, just because of the last tracks on diadem of 12 stars and two hunters. if only the rest was as good.

haven't gotten around to evoken yet.

edit: gave it a 3.5 but i have a feeling it's better than that. i'll have to listen again when i'm in the mood for doom.

OK, so next month I'll be going to Saudi Arabia where the internet knows nothing about "download limits". So I was planning of dl'ing these bands' entire discography:

Opeth
Nile
SOAD
Draconian
My Dying Bride
Amon Amarth
Slayer
Metallica (up to ... And Justice for all)
Megadeth
Anthrax
Holy Moses
Archenemy
Celtic Frost
Wolves In The Throne Room (thanks darkseeker4!)
COB
DP
Motorhead
Judas Priest
Iron Maiden
Balck Sabbath
Eluviete
Nightwish
Epica
In Vain
Iced Earth
Manowar
pantera
Lamb Of God
Dimmu Borgir
Dio (fucking love this old dude)
Symphony X
Dream Theater
Behemoth
Helloween
Nightrage
Deadlock
Exodus
Testament
Death Angel
What do you guys think?

MK Ultra

BOOGEYMAN
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I would recommend at least trying Death Magnetic. I can kind of understand not liking Load, and I admit Reload and St. Anger are horrible, but some of The Black Album is good, if not as thrashy as their past stuff. I would dl Load (especially as it's free) just for King Nothing, and Death Magnetic really isn't bad. I'm not much on metal other than Maiden and Metallica though, so I can't comment on the other bands.

gene

(* ̄(エ) ̄*)
early sabbath, celtic frost, priest, and slayer are worth hearing, jettison the rest

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)