MLB 2015

It's a pretty crazy price to pay for a weird player like Shelby Miller. With more established, higher ceiling guys like Kluber and Jose Fernandez reportedly being shopped around it scares me to think what the asking price will end up having to be to pulling them away. Kind of makes $30+ million seem a bit worth it in the sense that it saves a ridiculous amount of talent.

New to the thread, but I just wanted to jump in here and say, as a Cardinals fan, I'm extremely worried about the cubs next season. Their lineup on paper looks to be world series caliber, and they could still flip soler or schwarber for a SP and shore up the rotation. Meanwhile, the cardinals are sitting on their heels not getting anything done. It's pretty sobering when a team that hasn't won a world series in 100 years just convinced our best player from last year to sign there for less money.

Still a ton of talent out on the market, though. I'm hearing rumors of a big CarGo trade for the rockies...

Royals resigned Gordon, dammit. As a Cards fan I wanted him more than Cespy but it seems Mo is adverse to opening his checkbook these days

As much as I love baseball, the Hall of Fame voters give me cancer.

I was talking with a sports writer friend of mine who is also super into baseball like I am. We are both 22 could not not say who Tim Raines or Alan Trammell were prior to the HoF discussion and yet there are people who are throwing bitch fits on the internet as to why they are not inducted. I really don't get this. I understand being upset over someone like Fred McGriff who we all heard of before. But when I think of the greatest players of all time, my Tim Raines and Alan Trammell don't enter my mind. Hard for me to justify someone being robbed of a HoF spot when I don't know who they are and I watched them as a kid.

Additionally, I also found it EXTREMELY funny how Clemens got 199 votes and Bonds received 195. I have no explanation for why someone would think that Clemens deserves the HoF and Bonds does not besides the fact that some idiot moron New York writers decided that Clemens was innocent and Bonds not. Seriously can think of no other explanation but if one of you guys are like minded, please enlighten me.

Finally, in the stupidity of the Baseball HoF, there was a writer by the name of Marty Noble who in this article (control+f to find him) explains why he voted only for Grif and Jeff Kent of all people. While I don't disagree with his choice to name only 2 HoF'ers as being worthy (the idiots who select the max 10 players and honestly consider them HoF worthy need to lose their votes), I do think he should be fired from his job as a result of his explanation of his vote. For one, the guy must never have heard of Vine as he says he wishes he had a loop video of Jr's swing. This shouldn't get you fired, but it took me 10 seconds on google to find a hundred loop videos of Grif. Secondly, he states that he voted for Jeff Kent because he was the "Babe Ruth of second base" and all his notable flaws on defense are flawed because he loved the game, but not as much as Griffey. The guy has a man crush on Jeff Kent, okay. Fine. I would have voted for Nomar, so that's fine. However, on top of this, he also goes on to describe that he "almost cast votes for McGriff, Mussina and Wagner. More research and analysis, though, are necessary."

Yup. Isn't it your FUCKING JOB AS A SPORTS WRITER AND A HALL OF FAME VOTER TO LOOK AT THE NUMBERS OF THE PLAYERS YOU MIGHT WANT TO VOTE FOR? Who does this moron think he is? And why would he pick these middle of the road guys, but leave out Piazza, Bagwell, Hoffman, or Schilling? Did he forget that he had to vote for the HoF and could only do research on SOME players? Is he copying off of other writers and seeing what they're picking and THEY didn't do the research? And if you've already ruled out superior candidates such as Hoffman, Schilling, etc. why are you saying that you might have voted for players with worse numbers on the count of you not researching and analyzing more? I'm not buying it. Shut the fuck up and give your votes to people who give a shit.

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I don't understand why people think there is any argument to be made that Bonds or Clemens don't belong in the hall. They were the best players of their generation, and both had HoF-worthy careers long before any rumors of PEDs, much less PEDs even being against the rules (for the record Mark McGwire retired before steroids were made illegal so I also can't understand how anyone can justify not voting him in).

To top it off I don't care if he was on mana gifted to him from jesus christ, Bonds' four-year stretch from 2001-2004 is the single greatest and most dominating run any hitter has ever had.

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Well, Mark McGwire isn't particularly amazing or anything.
Mark McGwire had a career OPS of .982. While his batting average wasn't great he drew an incredible number of walks (114 per 162 games played over his career), and he hit almost 600 home runs to go with it. There's little doubt that he would be in the HoF based on offensive presence alone. When you add in that he was a plus fielder at first (he even won a Gold Glove when he was younger) he should be a slam dunk.

The 2016 MLB Season is upon us ladies. biggie , are we doing a new thread for this season or continuing with this one? I expect that we will end up doing better than this year thread activity wise.

Also want to give my obligatory shout outs to DelRio , Stallion , Texas Cloverleaf , Imanalt (Defending Champ) , cbt to remind you about Fantasy Baseball. I assume Biggie will handle it this year like always, but it is the fucking end of February already somehow and we have only about 4-5-ish weeks to get a plan in place to find new members and set up draft times.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion

The 2016 MLB Season is upon us ladies. biggie , are we doing a new thread for this season or continuing with this one? I expect that we will end up doing better than this year thread activity wise.

Also want to give my obligatory shout outs to DelRio , Stallion , Texas Cloverleaf , Imanalt (Defending Champ) , cbt to remind you about Fantasy Baseball. I assume Biggie will handle it this year like always, but it is the fucking end of February already somehow and we have only about 4-5-ish weeks to get a plan in place to find new members and set up draft times.
Confession: I've never prepped for a baseball draft. After losing my chance at a 4peat last year though and with a few of you guys (Imanalt, Biggie, ButteredToast, Del Rio) bring strong managers, it's probably time that I actually prepare this time round. Still haven't even figured out who im planning to keep. Speaking of, would be nice if we could lock in keepers reasonably early so that we can adjust our draft plans accordingly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)