MLB 2015

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I would think people have more a problem with KC, if any, than they would with the Astros. They've been kind of arrogant and all. The Astros are young up-and-comers nobody expected to make the postseason and have been bottomfeeders about as long as the Pirates were.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Cliff Pennington. The blue jays backup infielder, has recorded the third out of the ninth inning by inducing a pop up. Position players pitching in the ALCS, because why the fuck not?

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Is Jose Bautista or Josh Donaldson the biggest douche in the MLB? I feel like the teammates are in hot competition for this award. Fuck I hate the Blue Jays with a passion, that game was good for my soul.

Alex Rodriguez sued the MLB and the MLB Players Association for a conspiracy to remove him from the game of baseball when he knew he was guilty. Ryan Braun got someone fired for tampering with evidence and accused him of being an anti-semite when he knew he was guilty. Some bat flips and entertainment is nothing compared to the douche of those two players.

But I'll save my whole thing on bat flips for the offseason.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Alex Rodriguez sued the MLB and the MLB Players Association for a conspiracy to remove him from the game of baseball when he knew he was guilty. Ryan Braun got someone fired for tampering with evidence and accused him of being an anti-semite when he knew he was guilty. Some bat flips and entertainment is nothing compared to the douche of those two players.

But I'll save my whole thing on bat flips for the offseason.
Don't forget that Bautista pretended to give the ball to a kid, only to then hold onto it. The two examples you described are beyond the scope of normal douchiness, but as far as general in game douchiness goes, the current Toronto Blue Jays team does a great job at leading the charge.

Texas Cloverleaf

is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Don't forget that Bautista pretended to give the ball to a kid, only to then hold onto it. The two examples you described are beyond the scope of normal douchiness, but as far as general in game douchiness goes, the current Toronto Blue Jays team does a great job at leading the charge.
Get a fucking grip. His normal routine is to fake out a fan by pretending to throw them the ball. AND THEN HE THROWS IT TO THEM IMMEDIATELY AFTER. Which he did in this case.

Fucking seriously, use some critical thinking if you're going to hate the Jays rather than just regurgitate every hack story you see.

edit: its fucking hilarious that people get after our 2-3-4 for bitching about strike zones. You don' think three 40/100 hitters know a thing or two about what a ball and a strike is too? And almost every single time they're right on missed calls too.

Stall why so salty? Sure Bautista and Donaldson play with a bit of a chip but I haven't seen anything over the top yet. As a Rangers fan your hate would be better placed toward Houston or LAA or something

Stallion

Tree Young
Stall why so salty? Sure Bautista and Donaldson play with a bit of a chip but I haven't seen anything over the top yet. As a Rangers fan your hate would be better placed toward Houston or LAA or something
I hate those teams more but the Jays play with the kind of arrogance and entitlement of a team that's actually won more than one playoff series in the last 22 years...they've fucked their farm system for a shot this year and its going to end with a loss to the Royals. I wouldn't hate the Astros at all if they weren't a division rival. Fuck the Angels though, they'll always be number one most hated.

I wouldn't hate the Rangers at all if they weren't a division rival. Fuck the Angels though, they'll always be number one most hated.
Astros fan here, fixed it for you.

Great season, Bannister's a hell of a manager, DeShields did what he never did in our farm system, and Yu/Hamels scare the day lights out of me.

Stallion

Tree Young
Astros fan here, fixed it for you.

Great season, Bannister's a hell of a manager, DeShields did what he never did in our farm system, and Yu/Hamels scare the day lights out of me.
Have nothing but respect for your team as well. Keuchel is a monster, Correa is going to be an all time great and your players are just flat out fun to watch. Some Rangers/Astros ALCS matchups are definitely in our future!

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I will always hate the Angels until they stop pretending to be an LA team. Like LA is soooo fucking important anyway we gotta fucking pretend to be from there.

who the fuck cares about bat flips people who crow about "unwritten rules" need to be fucking shot. That includes the fucking juvenile clubhouse attitude of plunking guys on purpose. Wow, you're really showing the other team by giving them free baserunners and lowering your odds of winning. Fucking retards.

Kinda wanted to wait until the offseason to have this discussion, but I think with this whole Stall rage fest over bat flips now's a good time too.

I implore you to watch this video if you haven't seen it. There are a lot of really strong points in that video about what is wrong with the ideas of baseball. Baseball has a real problem with it's regulation of entertainment in the game. What the hell happened to the fun of the game that you saw from Ricky Henderson or the carnivals of the negro leagues? Sending midgets up to bat for a gimmick. These unwritten rules of baseball are keeping the game back. Not just as a race thing, but just as a sport.

This game needs to loosen up and loosen up fast. We have a new commissioner who is trying to make this game more accessible to a younger generation. The pace of play rules are a good start and the expansion of social media also makes the game accessible. But these are not the issues with the game. The real issue is that the game has lost it's entertainment. It's lost the personality and the flash that it once had by adhering to the rules of players not being able to celebrate home runs or stolen bases.

Honestly, check out this next video.

Honestly when I see this, I can't help but to think of the NBA and Slam Dunks. Slam Dunks are huge, they are viral, they are entertaining, and they are a part of what makes basketball fun to watch. Why is it such a big deal for our entertainers to be entertaining? This is a game after all. If people want to celebrate home runs (which are more and more rare) why the hell shouldn't they be able to do it? Because it hurts the pitchers feelings?

I played in a somewhat competitive Blitzball league this summer with a few of my old high school friends, and we routinely preformed bat flips, ran trick baserunning plays, preformed hijinks, and had a ball just playing the game. This is a sport, this isn't a freaking test where everyone needs to stay quiet and orderly until the bell rings. This is a sport.

It is really easy to make baseball entertaining again. It is really easy to turn our sport into the fun, carnival like atmosphere that it is in latin american and asian countries. It's really easy to go back to having baseball be fun again. But for that to happen, we need to start taking baseball for what it is. Entertainment.

We need to start as a fan base going after these old white man civil war era baseball dogmas about how this game should be played and start having fun again.

I love bat flips. I love when Cespedes holds the bat walking halfway to first base and looks straight into center field. It just makes the game much more exciting to watch. It might not be fun to watch if it happens against your team but it happens. I think players need to stop getting so butthurt over the smallest of things, too, but I guess when the benches clear and there are punches being thrown then it's whatever. More shit like batflips and showing up the pitcher just make it so exciting, it can even build a new rivalry between players and teams. I agree, the games does need to be more entertaining to watch. Too many players get upset over the dumbest shit. Everyone is expected to celebrate after a dunk or a touchdown, even in soccer when they score a goal, but when someone strikes out a batter or hits a homerun everyone catches a titty attack.

Showing up a pitcher or striking out a teams 3 best batters are what make some moments great sports moments and entertaining.

btw Mets just beat Cubs and Murphy hitting homeruns in 6 straight playoff games good lord

o/ 4-0 hooray \o

edit: I saw the bat flip video, and lmao

Meh, there are still a lot of old fashioned players/managers and influences (unwritten rules) in the game today. The way the game is traditionally played is going by the wayside slowly, for better or worse. But hey, showboating and getting plunked for it is better than wearing pink in honor of your late mother and getting fined for it a la the NFL

Texas Cloverleaf

Positive: Great year by the Jays, thrilling season to be a part of and to see the hype in the country, love to have seen management go for broke, this team could have won it all.

Negative: fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckFUCK
So pissed at those last at bats. Fucking ump ball deciding a series is complete garbage. Look at this:
BS strike crap.gif

See those two pink squares five inches off the plate? Yeah those were called strikes taking at bats from a hitters count to a pitchers count. Total garbage. Plus the home run that shouldn't have been.

While I'm pissed off at the garbage ninth inning, I'm only depressed about the bad luck for the Jays in the series. Really hard to win ball games when the number 1 BABIP team in the regular season underperforms by 60 points and the number 2 BABIP team oveperforms by 160. Yeah. Both were around .290, Jays around .230 in the series, Royals around .450. Plus terrible hit sequencing results directly contributing to Royals wins (for example, game 2 as analyzed here). Very frustrating way to end a season.

Tokyo Tom

Somewhere between psychotic and iconic
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Although Pompey made some dope steals and it was late in the game, I gotta question the decision to throw him in over Martin which meant Navarro (who was 1 for 12 in the series at that point, iirc) got put in. I mean, neither Martin nor Navarro are stellar hitters by any means, so when one of them actually gets on base, I'd say you fuckin' roll w/ it. Especially since Navarro got put in a terrible spot in the lineup, because I've seen my fair share of Jays games and Navarro is one of the worst hitters I've ever seen, pretty much a guaranteed out (even if he makes a hit good luck getting his fat ass to first base, but he usually just flies out regardless, and not even a strategic sack fly). Assuming Pillar still got walked we'd have two guys on base with Revere / Donaldson / Bautista left, rather than Navarro / Revere / Donaldson.

Obviously the most frustrating part was the guy who literally reached out and caught Moustakas's "HR". Like come on if you watch any replay you can see that his glove extended over the boundaries. Such horse shit, honestly

KC was the better team in the series but I would've liked to see the Jays bring it home, where they'd likely feed off the crowd's energy. Coming out of a last inning where there was a 0-out, guy on second and guy on third situation with no runs to show for it just hurts. I'm not sure on trading n' ish but I hope we retain at least a solid chunk of our starting lineup next season, because it's a great group of guys with lots of potential and synergy. Proud of the Jays but I think they could've rode the hype a little further.

Last edited:

Stallion

Tree Young
All the points above are valid, but I'm just glad the Jays lost so I can enjoy the WS without particularly rooting for either team. I reckon Mets take it home in 6.

AfroThunderRule

*yawn* ez
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Damn no posts whatsoever for the World Series, lol

GGs Royals and congrats on the title, well deserved. But the fucking Mets, they had 4 leads going into the 8th inning and manage to choke away 3 of those leads. smfh

Last edited:
I'm undecided on my thoughts to this David Price deal. Looking for opinions on the likelihood of a 33 y/o Price opting out of a 4 year $127 mil contract. I feel it would be pretty hard to see another 6-7 year deal on the table for a high 20s AAV... but not impossible.

I like this deal if he's expected to opt out for a better deal after 3 years. If not, then it's a pretty scary contract.

I don't see the Giants being good this year. Then again, I never see the Giants being good. But with all the good teams in the NL, it is hard to pencil them into the playoffs. Let alone make them a contender. Their offense, bullpen, and back of the rotation are below average right now...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)