MLB 2017

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Prices are set, here's hoping autodraft doesn't fuck me

As I recall the draft last year took about two hours as compared to the four it took the first year so hopefully no one is kept up too late. Taking 48 of the best players off the board makes a difference!

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Pulling a stallion this year, with my keepers covering average and steals the rest of my offense is power heavy. I can't compete with the rest of you on prospects and fliers so my plans is for my starting line up to carry me with a couple breakouts from the bench

C: Posey
1B: Encarnacion
2B: Altuve
3B: Frazier
SS: Anderson
OF: Turner
OF: Dahl
OF: McCutchen

SP: Kershaw, Syndergaard, Price

Rest: Broxton, Travis, Kiermaier, Bell, Kepler, Joseph
Smyly, Lynn, Liriano, Ray, Barraclough, Bedrosian

First time punting Saves, we'll see if barraclough and bedrosian end up taking over the closer roles for their teams

Offense is still stacked as it is every year and I'm punting steals like every year (still will be a top 3 offense even with a looming JDMart absence). Difference is this year I feel way more confident in my pitching than in prior years and won't have stream just to keep up with most others in that department. On the back end, I have about 5 sleeper starters that could finally have that breakout this season. I went out of character and paid for a closer (Britton) so I'm solid in saves. All systems go for a repeat!

Will give credit where it's due tho, there are several very strong teams in this league that had good drafts. Won't be an easy repeat by any means...

I'm kinda pissed off that my team is TOO competitive. It's going to be really hard for me to drop guys for keepers when I'm in the mix. I have all the sleepers and high upside guys that I need, and there were others that were on the table I want to get still.

Hopefully we can get some more trades going. The one thing we lack in this league is that there are no trades.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I'm kinda pissed off that my team is TOO competitive. It's going to be really hard for me to drop guys for keepers when I'm in the mix. I have all the sleepers and high upside guys that I need, and there were others that were on the table I want to get still.

Hopefully we can get some more trades going. The one thing we lack in this league is that there are no trades.
I'm kinda curious to see you try and stream now that you've actually got a pitching staff

My first two matchups are against the two owners who got screwed by AutoDraft, so hopefully I can not stream too much then. Other than that, there are a few guys on my roster who don't need to be on there anymore like Pedroia.

MLB The Show 17 is out tomorrow. I'll be happy to murder you guys in that same as in fantasy if you want to form some form of smogon league.

biggie

champ
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
My roommate just ordered it, but I haven't played a legit baseball game since like 2011. Gimme some warm up time.

We start counting tomorrow boys.

AL EAST
1. Boston Red Sox
I think the Red Sox are both overrated and underrated at the same time. We have the pitching and offense to compete with everyone. Is losing David Price and David Ortiz going to be tough? Yes. Is room to grow from Mookie Betts, Xander Bogaerts, and Andrew Benitendi going to cover that? I think so. I think people forgot how good Steven Wright was last year before his injury and he's looked just as sharp in Spring Training. Pomeranz is another guy I think people forget was amazing before his injury too, even though I see him as a bullpen guy once Price is healthy. It just seems like in a lot of ways, the big players on the Red Sox like Sale and the Offense as a whole are being over hyped, while players arent getting apprieciated like I think they should. Definately one of the best teams in the American League

2. Baltimore Orioles
3. New York Yankees
They're going to be annoying and compete like they always do, and I'm going to fucking hate them for it. Of course, Aaron Judge is going to fucking suck ass because I own him everywhere in fantasy land, and Clint Frazier is going to get called up and be a fucking Mookie Betts and Stallion will beat me to him while I'm at work.

4. Toronto Blue Jays
Their pitching is not nearly as good as it played out to be last year, and when Jose Bautista eventually gets hurt, it's a weak lineup. Their bullpen is also scary in a bad way. I'm not buying them this year, I think that they should have let EE go. Well, mostly Syndergaard but EE too.

5. Tampa Bay Rays

AL Central
1. Cleveland Indians
They had a lot of career years last year from their offense, but their pitching was hella fucked up. I think that the pitching is going to suffer a lot from a deep post season run and what it had to do late in the year, but they're still way too deep for that to prevent them from winning a seemingly easy division.

2. Detroit Tigers
3. Kansas City Royals
4. Minnesota Twins
5. Chicago White Sox

AL West
1. Houston Astros
They have the offense, and Lance McCullers is for real. They can swing for a SP during the deadline and be super formidable. Ken Giles also is going to be what he wasn't last year and what he should be as the head of their quietly solid bullpen

2. Texas Rangers
The Rangers are boring. Yu Darvish is going to win the Cy Young. Adrian Beltre is going to Tom Brady and never die. Roughned Odor is going to punch a Blue Jay and I'm going to instigate a fight between Stallion and Texas. And somehow through all of this good, they're still relying on bum asses like Shin Soo Choo, Delino DeShields, Tyson Fucking Ross, and AJ 7.00 ERA Griffin.

3. Oakland Athletics
4. Seattle Mariners
5. The Los Angles California Angles of Anaheim

NL East
1. Washington Nationals
2. Atlanta Braves
Gut call on the Braves here, but they're both bad and a lot better than you'd expect them to be. Freddie Freeman is quietly one of the the top 10 hitters in baseball, and while their pitching isn't sexy it is a grinding pitching staff capeable of winning games during a long season. Give them the WC because a lot of the mid level teams in the NL are boring.

3. Miami Marlins
4. New York Mets
5. Philadelphia Phillies

NL Central
1. Chicago Cubs
2. St. Louis Cardinals

3. Pittsburgh Pirates
4. Cincinnati Reds
5. Milwaukee Brewers

NL West
1. San Francisco Giants

2. Colorado Rockies
3. Los Angles Dodgers
4. Arizona Diamondbacks
5. San Diego Padres

WC
Texas vs Baltimore
Braves vs Cardinals

DS
Cleveland vs Texas
Boston vs Houston
Cubs vs Cardinals
Giants vs Nationals

CS
Cleveland vs Boston
Cubs vs Giants

WS
Boston vs Giants

WS MVP: Pablo Sandoval - 5 HR 12 RBI[/hide]

AL East
1. Boston
2. Toronto
3. Baltimore
4. New York
5. Tampa Bay

AL Central
1. Cleveland
2. Kansas City

3. Detroit
4. Chicago
5. Minnesota

AL West
1. Texas
2. Houston

3. Seattle
4. Oakland
5. Anaheim

NL East (quietly a tough division to predict)
1. Washington
2. New York
3. Philadelphia
4. Atlanta
5. Miami

NL Central
1. Chicago
2. St. Louis

3. Pittsburgh
4. Milwaukee
5. Cincinnati

NL West
1. Los Angeles
2. San Francisco

3. Colorado
4. Arizona
5. San Diego

WC
Kansas City vs Houston
St. Louis
vs San Francisco

DS
Houston vs Cleveland
Boston vs Texas
St. Louis vs Chicago
Washington
vs Los Angeles

CS
Texas
vs Cleveland
Washington vs Chicago

WS
Texas
vs Chicago

Fuck the Cubs

Waited twenty-two years for the Jays to return to the playoffs. I can be patient for them to fix their pitching issues this season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)