ORAS LC moist

Coconut

W
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Tutor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
LC Leader
it's a way of life that no one likes the word moist. it's just a terrible sounding word and I think it fits the team quite well.

There's not enough good LC RMT's, here another not so good one. I originally built the team with the intent of creating a team of supporting a mon that was underwheming and generally unloved. I kinda went overboard with it to the point where it has so much support that it doesn't know what to do with it... Anyway, onto the team!

Upon first glace, this certainly doesn't look like your standard LC team, and you're right. The plan was to support Smoochum with as much as possible. So, here we are with that. No fancy sprites or anime pictures I'm too lazy to do that.

Surskit @ Focus Sash
Ability: Swift Swim
Level: 5
EVs: 36 HP / 196 SpA / 20 SpD / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Rain Dance
- Sticky Web
- Baton Pass
- Hydro Pump

Surskit is my lead 99% of the time. It generally doesn't even stay in, I like to use Baton Pass on turn 1 after they either make a hard switch or lead to specifically counter Surskit. Sometimes it's just best to set webs, but that's no fun and I like to make use of the misdirection I have with this team. I generally if I have a good lead matchup, will Rain Dance and then set webs. That extremely optimal situation doesn't happen very often, but if it does, surskit has done it's job. Hydro Pump is there because the STAB is nice and it hits surprisingly hard. Surskit is really cute and sometimes it almost doesn't feel like a 5v6 when I have it around because it does work more often than you'd imagine.

Snover @ Eviolite
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 36 HP / 200 Def / 104 SpA / 120 SpD / 40 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Blizzard
- Protect
- Leech Seed
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Okay, I know this looks intimidatingly bad, but let me explain it first. Snover was the next thing chosen because what better way to support Smoochum than with 2 weathers. Setting up 100% accurate blizzards while also being very tanky was a plus here. I originally had a special Amaura set here, but I don't think I want to give that away quite yet. Regardless, Blizzard hits pretty hard, so I like it. Leech Seed and Protect on a Bulky Set kind of just made sense, allowing you to stall out specific mons. Hidden Power Fighting is for the Pawniards that think they can switch in. The EV spread is used to maximize Snover's surprisingly good bulk. Special thanks to Heysup for the set inspiration.

Croagunk @ Berry Juice
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 52 HP / 116 Def / 188 SpA / 116 SpD / 36 Spe
Modest Nature
- Focus Blast
- Vacuum Wave
- Sludge Bomb
- Thief

Croagunk is a good pokemon in the current meta. Despite the fact that it loses to not one, but both trappers pretty consistently, it still beats so many other pokemon that it makes itself a pretty good glue mon. It also works really well with Surskit, with the rain and Dry Skin shenanigans and the webs. This spread probably isn't optimized to Webs, but that's why you're here. Rate the team and fix it. Anyway, Focus Blast hits like a truck and anything that doesn't resist it loses a surprising amount of health. I generally don't miss the important ones, because I know how to manage risks, (and so should you, especially if you're one of the people that love to count every little bit of hax that your opponent gets.) but Sludge Bomb is there so I have a 100% accuracy STAB that still hits hard. Hitting fairies with that is also pretty cool. Vacuum Wave is a really cool STAB with priority, but you already knew that. Thief is a really cool move because Croagunk often tanks a lot of chip damage and Knock Off's, so having it around is actually really useful way more often than you think it would be. Croagunk being a good fighting check that works well in rain fits this team a little too well.

Pawniard @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 9 HP
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

Swords Dance Pawniard was my next choice because it's a really good pokemon. It looks like it sets rocks, mostly because nothing else on this team does. But instead it sets up a Swords Dance and hits everything really hard. It also does a fantastic job of coming in late game and running through things. Knock Off can also support the team well if I need it to do that. Running 15 speed was a personal choice because I rely on myself more to get webs up. Otherwise I'm not losing too much with Adamant, in exchange for the extra power. In addition to Adamant, I ran a Life Orb because I wanted to come in late and hit as many things as hard as possible. I don't really like how this team became more late game Pawniard based, but most good teams have more than one wincon.

Smoochum @ Life Orb
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Psychic
- Substitute

The true star of the show. I didn't really know what I wanted Smoochum to do at first, because it has so many options, all of which are very below average, but this is what I decided on. Blizzard and Psychic are solid STABs and do a surprisingly strong amount of damage, coupled with the Life Orb. Substitute is great for things that switch into Smoochum, it also avoids Sucker Punches. For the last slot, I had tried a myriad of moves; Rest with Hydration, all kinds of Hidden Power's, Nasty Plot, Sweet Kiss (it doesn't get lovely kiss) and even things like Reflect. I didn't really think many of them worked that well, so I stuck with Hidden Power Fighting, because at least it hits a couple of things that wall it. Smoochum generally is really fun to use and isn't really completely unviable and useless.

Wooper @ Eviolite
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 236 HP / 156 Def / 76 SpD
Impish Nature
- Recover
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Curse

Wooper is also one of those pokemon that doesn't really get enough love. It's one of the only pokemon that beats all the viable spinners, with the added effect of walling Chinchou and Diglett. It doesn't really have a hard time setting up curses either, as it generally just comes in on one of the many things that would otherwise threaten the team and can recover or start boosting right away. Toxic can be replaced with Waterfall or something, but I felt like Toxic would be more fun with Wooper, as it still does damage even if Wooper isn't fully boosted up. EV spread is clearly used to maximize it's defenses. Generally Wooper might seem like another bad mon thrown on the team, but it serves as more of a glue (on a team that already has a croagunk) and a defensive option for me to use as a wincon or a wall.

--

That's basically all I have for you guys today, there's no real threats to this team as long as something doesn't get crit, there might be something that could be annoying, but it's nothing that can't be played around. I wouldn't really recommend this team, especially if you aren't an experienced LC player, as this is not your standard LC team and is difficult to use. No shoutouts in this RMT because I didn't really accomplish anything or really do anything important with it at all, it just seemed like something fun to put in RMT to see what people could do with it. Have fun!

Here's an importable, I know people get pissed if people don't leave one:
Surskit @ Focus Sash
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 36 HP / 196 SpA / 20 SpD / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Rain Dance
- Sticky Web
- Baton Pass
- Hydro Pump

Snover @ Eviolite
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 36 HP / 200 Def / 104 SpA / 120 SpD / 40 Spe
Modest Nature
- Blizzard
- Protect
- Leech Seed

Croagunk @ Berry Juice
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 52 HP / 116 Def / 188 SpA / 116 SpD / 36 Spe
Modest Nature
- Focus Blast
- Vacuum Wave
- Sludge Bomb
- Thief

Pawniard @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 HP
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

Smoochum @ Life Orb
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Psychic
- Substitute

Wooper @ Eviolite
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 236 HP / 156 Def / 76 SpD
Impish Nature
- Recover
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Curse

Fiend

someguy
is a Social Media Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Corporal Levi I think this fits into our discussion a few days ago and shows we're onto something.

Dear esteemed user: Cocobut,

This is a wonderful team!! However, certain matchups for your team are insurmountable! Not only do you barely handle poorly played Snivys, Inkay is one of the biggest threats to your team! That's impressive!! Unfortunately, Gastly, Doduo, and dastardly Fletchlings only need to predict once for you to go "oops!" and then follow that up with "gg!" Diglett is still able to trap half your team despite Sticky Web! I hope you can play around that! (You can't!) Your reliance on hail makes Snover too important, and you only get 5 turns of Hail anyway! The dreaded Timburr-Gothita duo eats you alive too, provided Stealth Rocks are up and Smoochum isn't sitting pretty at 21 HP! Somehow Ferroseed is also a decent offensive and defensive threat for your team! That's simply amazing Coco!! Stealth Rock makes outplaying most of these threats almost a non option! Only Pawniard and Smoochum really prevent Rapid Spin! But most Rapid Spin users can Spin freely if they come in on after a KO anyway! Your best chances of dealing with everything is a well timed freeze! However a Modest Croagunk with a spread of 116 Def / 188 SpA / 196 Spe does prevent Diglett from trapping you! This change also allows for Croagunk to not allow Rapid Spinners in for free, as now you outspeed and 2HKO! But only if your Focus Blasts connect!! Any other changes affects the central goal of the team too much, so I can't suggest them to you! I really can't suggest that you should just use another team even though that's a good idea!!

Sincerely,

Fiend

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)