[MONO] My Dark Team

So, what do you think of my team! I have mainly all-out attack, with Tyranitar and Sableye providing support. I have the most trouble with Fairies, but Hydreigon and Pangoro sort of do a good job of checking them with Poison Jab and Flash Cannon. So, here goes!

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse
- U-turn

Greninja is my STAB sweeper. He can outrun most threats, and Ice Beam covers pesky grass types while U-turn lets him escape as well as threaten other Dark-types. Hydro Pump and Dark Pulse are his main STABS, though Protean makes everything STAB. Greninja has trouble with anything he can't deal super effective damage to, however. That is why we bring in our supporters.

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Rock Slide

Tyranitar is the team's entry hazard setup mon, with bulk that lets him withstand many hits. Sand Stream provides a good source of stall damage, and STAB Rock Slide and Crunch are there to finish off weakened opponents, or even to get in a physical battle with them. Pursuit deals heavy damage to anything that would try to run from Tyranitar, and Leftovers keeps it alive while Sand Stream deals damage to the opponents. However, our main supporter is next.

Sableye @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 72 SDef
Bold Nature
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Foul Play

Sableye doesn't have a perfect defensive typing anymore, but that doesn't stop him from using Prankster to annoy and outlast the opponent. Will-O-Wisp is actually the primary move, used to take care of annoying Fairies and Dragons that just won't die. Taunt is to stop the, from healing or setting up anything, Recover is to keep Sableye alive, and Foul Play is a last resort. Unfortunately, despite having three immunities and one weakness, Sableye's frail bulk can be crushed through the use of Draco Meteor, Fire Blast, or even V-Create.

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon
- Fire Blast

Despite Hydreigon having a crippling x4 weakness to those stupid Fairies, he can still punch huge holes in the opponent. Dark Pulse is now our main attack since the nerf of Dragon-types, with the flinch chance coming in handy sometimes. Draco Meteor's huge power can destroy even the bulkiest of special walls when combined with Stealth Rock, but the Special Attack drop is extremely annoying, and Fairy types now are immune to it. Flash Cannon and Fire Blast are coverage moves, with Fire Blast being far preferred due to Steel being a horrible attacking type. For any Fairies Hydreigon can't break with Flash Cannon, Pangoro comes in.

Pangoro @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 Atk
Jolly Nature
- Parting Shot
- Crunch
- Sky Uppercut
- Poison Jab

Pangoro's very good attack allows it to slam opponents down with Crunch and Sky Uppercut, and Parting Shot allows it to weaken a sweeper while at the same time switching in a check or counter. Poison Jab counters those ever-present Fairies, and the chance to poison is nice as well. However, Pangoro suffers from a terrible speed stat as well as a x4 weakness shared with Hydreigon, making checking Fairies tricky.

Absol @ Absolite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SAtk
Naive Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance
- Fire Blast
- Play Rough

Absol. Absol is my Mega and main attacker, with a wonderful 115 base speed and huge 150 attack in its Mega form, as well as the great ability Magic Bounce and good Special Attack. Sucker Punch is an awesome priority STAB move with good power, and Swords Dance boosts that already impressive attack sky-high while Fire Blast and Play Rough provide coverage. Fire Blast is very useful for taking out Pokemon like Scizor and Ferrothorn, and Play Rough is for Dragons and other Darks. Absol unfortunately has horrendous bulk, which allows any sweeper with a higher priority move to come in and kill it. Nevertheless, Absol is a wonderful asset to my team who can defeat many foes.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)