Project Monotype Tutoring Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smogon Username: Aloye
Pokemon Showdown Username: Aloye
Discord Contact (optional): N/A
Timezone (GMT differential): GMT +1
What, if anything, do you want to focus on?: Teambuilding and learning more about the meta and become a better player in general.

Smogon Username: PayPal
Pokemon Showdown Username:PayPal
Discord Contact (optional):Electrical#8089
Timezone (GMT differential):PST(California Based)
What, if anything, do you want to focus on?: Teambuilding, an Predicting.
If and only if you have already contacted and gotten approval from a specific tutor, you may name them here:

Smogon Username: RealShady
Pokemon Showdown Username: Real Shady
Discord Contact (optional): Shady#8260
Timezone (GMT differential): EST (GMT -4)
What, if anything, do you want to focus on?: Although I have been battling in monotype for a long time, I just haven't found my passion with gen 7, I have struggled to grasp the EV spreads of these bulky mons like mantine, toxapex, and celesteela. Along with the fact that I do want to get into tournament play, I would like assistance with team building and potentially monotype OMs
If and only if you have already contacted and gotten approval from a specific tutor, you may name them here: Torkool

Last edited:

Fardin

Tournament Banned
Smogon Username: isotonex
Pokemon Showdown Username: isotonex
Discord Contact (optional): isotonex#1011
Timezone (GMT differential): EST (GMT -4)
What, if anything, do you want to focus on?: Although I have been battling in monotype for a long time, I just haven't found my passion lwith gen 7, I have struggled to grasp the EV spreads of these bulky mons like mantine, toxapex, and celesteela. Along with the fact that I do want to get into tournament play, I would like assistance with team building and potentially monotype OMs. ILLAMa agreed

Smogon Username: Gratify
Pokemon Showdown Username: Gratify
Discord Contact (optional): Gratify#0313
Timezone (GMT differential): GMT -5
What, if anything, do you want to focus on?: getting back into playing mons, mostly building and relearning the meta

Last edited:
Smogon Username: Solemnic
Pokemon Showdown Username: Solemnic
Discord Contact (optional): Solemnic#7938
Timezone (GMT differential): -8 (PST)
What, if anything, do you want to focus on?: Both teambuilding and actual plays.

Smogon Username: Dece1t
Pokemon Showdown Username: TM Cleaver
Discord Contact (optional): Stun
Timezone (GMT differential): EST (GMT-5 I believe)
What, if anything, do you want to focus on?: Mainly a general polish, but learning about teambuilding and general tour preparation would be nice things to focus on. Thank you in advance

Smogon Username: Brisked
Pokemon Showdown Username: Brisked
Discord Contact (optional): Brisked#2399
Timezone (GMT differential) GMT-5
What, if anything, do you want to focus on: I'd like focus on learning how to prepare for games and how to make better plays in competitive play, learn how to add some uniqueness to my teambuilding while still having a viable team, and understanding what it takes to become a great player. The focus here is monotype, but I'd like to branch out to other tiers to become a more versatile player. This will also help me grow as a player, learn more sets to become more innovative, and helps me understand pokemon as a whole better.

Smogon Username: Asziran
Pokemon Showdown Username: Asz1ran
Discord Contact (optional): Aszi#5522
Timezone (GMT differential): GMT -5
What, if anything, do you want to focus on?: Been playing mono for a while, I think my playcalling is above average but I'm one who doesn't really pay attention to the metagame as much (especially as of late) I'd like to get caught up with what is good/ being used atm. I also want to know how to teambuild with the "best types/sets" I feel like some of my wins are due to niche picks rather than optimal plays and I'd prefer wins coming from the latter method

Smogon Username: ed wins
Pokemon Showdown Username: ed wins
Discord Contact (optional): N/A
Timezone (GMT differential): GMT -8
What, if anything, do you want to focus on?: I used to build for and ladder with most types back in oras, so I'm very familiar with monotype. However, I haven't played since then and my experience this generation is casual ladder play about a month before usum hit. I already understand the fundamentals of the game and would like to get used to this new gen while getting better at long term thinking, making necessary plays, putting myself in a position to win in the safest way possible etc

Smogon Username: CylinderFilms
Pokemon Showdown Username: ethanambrose
Discord Contact (optional): ethanambrose#6226
Timezone (GMT differential): GMT-8
What, if anything, do you want to focus on?: I've been playing mono on and off for a while, and I do believe some of my teams are fairly solid but I'd like a little help for team building in general. Just someone who I can talk to about my ideas and maybe throw me back some suggestions or advice. Also on the side, I'd like to understand the meta a little more in-depth so I can get better at predicting.

Smogon Username: Rabzzz
Pokemon Showdown Username:Rabzzz
Discord Contact (optional):
@Rabz#1248
Timezone (GMT differential): GMT-6
What, if anything, do you want to focus on?:
I think that I am a decent battler and builder, but I want to get better at playing in tournaments and such. Eventually I want to be able to be drafted in things like the MPL.

Smogon Username: NotoriousKGB

Pokemon Showdown Username: NotoriouslyKGB

Discord Contact (optional):
NotoriousKGB

Timezone (GMT differential): Toronto Canada

What, if anything, do you want to focus on?:

Team building,learning the meta game has a whole and beaching in to mono type pokemon teams specifically fire type and thunder type pokemon for tournaments.

Last edited:

Omega-Xis

Mauville's Own
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Smogon Username: Omega-Xis
Pokemon Showdown Username: Omega-Xis
Discord Contact (optional): All of the tutors have this ain't leaving this for others to peep and try to slide in my DMs.
Timezone (GMT differential): EST.
What, if anything, do you want to focus on?: I haven't played this game in a hot minute (read a year and a half) so I'd like a tutor that could help me build teams as hot as my mixtape and flame my opponents with ease.
Qualifications: Esteemed Monotype staff™, esteemed Monotype Winter Premier Host™, former global driver, more Discord contacts than you could ever dream of, taller than all people that have signed up and will sign up, former Monotype RO™, esteemed Monotype memer and founder of badgeshop a community that will slowly overtake WoA as Monotype's central group of power.

PS I'd like to be paired with Azelea or Zarif because I probably have a better chance of calling with them than any of these US hoes that work during the day #CollegeLife. Also don't pair me with anybody until after the New Year, I just wanted to get my signup in now. Finals next week, Vegas the week after, and then Christmas and New Year's the week after. I want to wait until 1/2018 new year new goals lads.

Naziel

I'm fruity too!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Smogon Username: Naziel
Pokemon Showdown Username: Naziel
Discord Contact (optional): Naziel?#0529
Timezone (GMT differential): GMT-8:00
What, if anything, do you want to focus on?: I want to learn how to appropriate build in Monotype, I played Monotype after a time ago, but, I never do my own build and that's really sad;;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)