Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Region shouldn't matter, as long as the rom region matches the region of the system you're playing it on.
For the most consistent results I would recommend retail carts, but theoretically it should be doable on a flashcart as long as you have a decent rip of the rom.
That's the problem, it doesn't match. I have a US system with a European cartridge. It plays just fine, and I can trade and such, but it might cause some trouble with that, so I'm not sure

Is it possible to rng hg for a shiny starter?
Advancing is impossible in early-game so you'd have to simply use an early seed for a shiny starter and mash A like you've never mashed before. If you simply want to get a shiny, it shouldn't be prohibitively difficult to get a shiny starter(3 in 8192). If you fail enough, you can simply accept a non-shiny and calc its ivs to see where you went wrong and what seed you actually hit.

That's the problem, it doesn't match. I have a US system with a European cartridge. It plays just fine, and I can trade and such, but it might cause some trouble with that, so I'm not sure
Bump? Or is it too early? Either way, I have another question: How plausible is RNG abuse for a Pokemon with an specific PID to unlock Mirage Island in Pokemon Ruby (can be RNG'd elsewhere)

Bump? Or is it too early? Either way, I have another question: How plausible is RNG abuse for a Pokemon with an specific PID to unlock Mirage Island in Pokemon Ruby (can be RNG'd elsewhere)
Oh you are talking about gen 3. Gen 3 cartridge make no difference when RNGing, I'm pretty sure they all run the same way when RNGing. (dead battery R/S or emerald). For mirage island you gotta have a play time 999:59 (battery should not be dead when you reach that) and have a pokemon with ending PID 0000. It is too tedious so its not worth RNGing.

Oh you are talking about gen 3. Gen 3 cartridge make no difference when RNGing, I'm pretty sure they all run the same way when RNGing. (dead battery R/S or emerald). For mirage island you gotta have a play time 999:59 (battery should not be dead when you reach that) and have a pokemon with ending PID 0000. It is too tedious so its not worth RNGing.
When starting a new savefile with a dead battery the needed value is also 0000. But yeah if it's so unplausible nevermind.
Is there any specific use for dead battery abuse in RSE? Or is live battery better?

When starting a new savefile with a dead battery the needed value is also 0000. But yeah if it's so unplausible nevermind.
Is there any specific use for dead battery abuse in RSE? Or is live battery better?
Live or dead, once you save and reset in emerald, the seed is always 0 (dunno if its a bug/glitch). As for ruby/sapphire live battery is harder but you have more seed options. Dead battery is always 5A0. It is not worth to RNG legendaries on 3rd gen though since you can do it much easier/less time consuming in 4th/5th gen.
Edit: You may only wanna learn RNG breeding in 3rd gen, I would recommend to do it on emerald since is easier. I haven't seen a guide anywhere for RNG breeding on Ruby/Sapphire but I can help you in there if you'd like, its much harder though. I had to figure it out because I only have sapphire and not emerald. :/

Last edited:
Live or dead, once you save and reset in emerald, the seed is always 0 (dunno if its a bug/glitch). As for ruby/sapphire live battery is harder but you have more seed options. Dead battery is always 5A0. It is not worth to RNG legendaries on 3rd gen though since you can do it much easier/less time consuming in 4th/5th gen.
Edit: You may only wanna learn RNG breeding in 3rd gen, I would recommend to do it on emerald since is easier. I haven't seen a guide anywhere for RNG breeding on Ruby/Sapphire but I can help you in there if you'd like, its much harder though. I had to figure it out because I only have sapphire and not emerald. :/
I'm not particularly interested in RNG for 3rd Gen, as I kind of got discouraged because of how complicated it looks :/ Mainly on the Mirage Island because I'm trying to get the Liechi Berry to make a Battle Tower team so that I could get a 6 IV Latios and Latias through a glitch... I don't really need it if it's that bad thoe, I'll make-do. I would be interested in 3rd gen breeding, mainly cause Tutor moves and whatnot

I'm not particularly interested in RNG for 3rd Gen, as I kind of got discouraged because of how complicated it looks :/ Mainly on the Mirage Island because I'm trying to get the Liechi Berry to make a Battle Tower team so that I could get a 6 IV Latios and Latias through a glitch... I don't really need it if it's that bad thoe, I'll make-do. I would be interested in 3rd gen breeding, mainly cause Tutor moves and whatnot
Using method 1 is very simple to RNG, its just time consuming when it comes to flawless spreads but since you only need it for mirage island, in ruby/sapphire (dead battery) you have to aim frame 19397 to get a mon with ending 0000 PID, and in emerald aim for frame 18626.
Edit: the wait time for both is around 5 minutes so its not that hard.
Edit2: I can confirm that value is 0000 when starting dead battery ruby/sapphire, I just got on mirage island.

Last edited:
Using method 1 is very simple to RNG, its just time consuming when it comes to flawless spreads but since you only need it for mirage island, in ruby/sapphire (dead battery) you have to aim frame 19397 to get a mon with ending 0000 PID, and in emerald aim for frame 18626.
Edit: the wait time for both is around 5 minutes so its not that hard.
Edit2: I can confirm that value is 0000 when starting dead battery ruby/sapphire, I just got on mirage island.
Thank you very much. I'll try to get one after I speed through Ruby. I picked Mudkip and I'm right outside that dreaded Grovyle battle ;-;
Is there any utility similar to Eon Timer but for Android?

Last edited:
hi, i recently found out that pokemons ive received from livestreams were hacked through homebrew. is it still legal to use in competitive play as the movesets of these pokemons are legitimate and these pokemons can be legally obtained?

Lego

Formally LegoFigure11
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
hi, i recently found out that pokemons ive received from livestreams were hacked through homebrew. is it still legal to use in competitive play as the movesets of these pokemons are legitimate and these pokemons can be legally obtained?
Not the right spot for this (in the future questions like this should be put in the SQSR thread, or messaged to a Wifi Moderator), but reading the first post of any of the threads in the battle requests forum will answer your question:
  • Any illegal hacks will cause you to be blacklisted. This includes things like illegal Pokeballs; keep in mind egg moves and version exclusives.
  • If you use legal hacks you MUST list this in your signature or in all of your posts. No exceptions. You will receive a warning if you are caught using any hacks and you did not disclose this before the battle.
tl;dr battling with legal hacks is fine as long as it's disclosed beforehand, but attempting to trade them (or battling with illegal hacks - including things like Pokeballs, which many streamers like to edit) here will result in punishment. There is also the risk of incurring punishment from Nintendo (such as having your save and/or console being blocked from online play, NNID usage restricted, eShop usage restricted, etc) by using hacked Pokemon online - while unlikely if they are legal hacks, you should still be aware of this and therefore do so at your own risk.

Is there a guide for mac users on how to do TID/SID manipulation in SS? Also the Zomg Timer beeps six times so should I try and hit my delay on the fifth or the sixth beep? (I seem to be slightly off each time I try no matter when I start the game).

Last edited:

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
I've been able to find my way around the PPRNG program but I'm still not sure how Zomg Timer works. The beeps really confuse me.
Please be careful of double posting, since this post could really have been an edit to your last one. Anyway...

Afraid I've only used EonTimer, but I'd image the principles are the same: In general you'd press A after/on the final beep (i.e. when the timer goes to 0). If that's messing you up though, ignore the beeps (or turn them off if there's an option) and go by when the timer ends. Honestly, it doesn't really matter what you do as long as you do it consistently. On that note, you have to be accurate to 1/60th of a second iirc, so you're bound to mess up a lot and be slightly off each time. Keep at it and you'll hit your seed eventually.

Welcome to Smogon btw! ^_^

Please be careful of double posting, since this post could really have been an edit to your last one. Anyway...

Afraid I've only used EonTimer, but I'd image the principles are the same: In general you'd press A after/on the final beep (i.e. when the timer goes to 0). If that's messing you up though, ignore the beeps (or turn them off if there's an option) and go by when the timer ends. Honestly, it doesn't really matter what you do as long as you do it consistently. On that note, you have to be accurate to 1/60th of a second iirc, so you're bound to mess up a lot and be slightly off each time. Keep at it and you'll hit your seed eventually.

Welcome to Smogon btw! ^_^
I just got confused cos on the main window of the Zomg Timer it says beeps: 5 and yet it beeps 6 times. So I wasn't sure. I'll just keep going for the last beep then and hope for the best. I'm really bad at hitting delays and it's been ages since I last did this. Thanks for the welcome!

Also what should I do if I'm constantly off by three seconds?

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
I just got confused cos on the main window of the Zomg Timer it says beeps: 5 and yet it beeps 6 times. So I wasn't sure. I'll just keep going for the last beep then and hope for the best. I'm really bad at hitting delays and it's been ages since I last did this. Thanks for the welcome!

Also what should I do if I'm constantly off by three seconds?
I know that feeling...

I just played around with it and yeah, you push A on the 6th beep, since that's when the timer goes to 0. If you're late by 3 seconds every time, decrease the target second by 3. You should notice that the first timer goes down by 3 seconds while the second timer (the one that's essentially establishing your delay) doesn't change. Conversely if you're early by 3 seconds increase your target seconds by 3.

I know that feeling...

I just played around with it and yeah, you push A on the 6th beep, since that's when the timer goes to 0. If you're late by 3 seconds every time, decrease the target second by 3. You should notice that the first timer goes down by 3 seconds while the second timer (the one that's essentially establishing your delay) doesn't change. Conversely if you're early by 3 seconds increase your target seconds by 3.
Cool I'm hitting the correct seconds now and I've been very close to hitting my actual delay as well.

Edit: I got my trainer id. Thanks!

Last edited:
I am attempting to RNG Latias in White 2.

1. Is this Latias classified as a wild or a stationary poke? Should I select stationary or wild in the dropdown menu on the main window of RNG reporter?
  2. What method should I select? Gen 5 PIDRNG?
  3. Are there any differences between RNG abuse in White 2 vs. White 1, other than selecting the "B/W 2?" selection in the main window (which changes the starting frame)

Stationary, PIDRNG. Instead of pressing A when you get to the frame, you gotta walk 1 tile to the right. don't know bout difference between the two games, sorry

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
I am attempting to RNG Latias in White 2.

1. Is this Latias classified as a wild or a stationary poke? Should I select stationary or wild in the dropdown menu on the main window of RNG reporter?
  2. What method should I select? Gen 5 PIDRNG?
  3. Are there any differences between RNG abuse in White 2 vs. White 1, other than selecting the "B/W 2?" selection in the main window (which changes the starting frame)
Wrong thread (:P--belongs in the 5th gen PRNG help) but since average fella covered the first 2 questions, the guides for BW still apply to BW2. Your parameters will be different from White and your Timer0 will change much more frequently in White 2, but other than that it's almost entirely the same. The only thing you'll have to do differently in the RNG Reporter is that BW2 checkbox (and I suppose the Memory Link if that's relevant to you).

Breeding is broken in White 2 and the Entree Forest behaves a bit differently, but I digress.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)