SM OU My amazing OU team

HI! i'm new here so this might look terrible but oh well. I had a friend that has always lost to, Then i made this team and it did good so here it is. Enjoy

Drapion @ Choice Band
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Aqua Tail
- Night Slash
- Poison Jab

Drapion is the Physical Sweeper of the team. Sniper increases Crits by 1.3 so moves like Night Slash get a big boost! Poison Jab can Half Tangrowths HP and that's good! Aqua Tail and Rock Slide is for Coverage.

Delphox @ Choice Specs
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Blast Burn
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Shadow Ball

Delphox is the Special Sweeper of the Team. It has some bulk in Special Defense so it can take a Scald and Activate Blaze Boosting Blast Burn even more! Speaking of Blast Burn i can hear the recommendation for Fire Blast but Blast Burn (With Specs) and Half Chanceys HP and that's a LOT of damage. Psychic can Defeat Amoogus without is using Spore. Dazzling Gleam and Shadow Ball are for Coverage

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Fake Out
- Ice Punch

Mega Lopunny is a Powerful Attacker Doing a ton of damage with High Jump Kick that can Kill Chancey after a Fake Out. Ice Punch can defeat any Dragon Type and Return is Stab that can always do a lot of Damage

Magearna @ Assault Vest
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Flash Cannon
- Aura Sphere
- Ice Beam

Magearna is the Tank of the team and the main Star of the team. Magearna can take hits for days while also dealing hits it also has a way of recovery (well all pokemon on this team do because of the Wish Passer who you will see soon) Fleur Cannon is used Sparingly because it lowers the Special Attack Stat. Flash Cannon can be used to lower the Special Defense stat and do more damage overtime. Aura Sphere is to deal with Normal types and ice Beam is used as Fleur Cannon but to deal with other types if i can't use Fleur Cannon like i said i use it Sparingly.

Dusclops @ Eviolite
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD
- Toxic
- Rest
- Hex
- Protect

Dusclops is the Wall of the team with great defense only boosted by eviolite. This thing can stall out even the Biggest of walls like Chancey. Toxic is to deal Stall Damage and Hex is boosted by the pokemon being Poisoned speaking of being Poisoned Rest is a way of Recovery and it gets rid of status conditions like Toxic and Protect to stall its simple!

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Calm Nature
- Cosmic Power
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast

Clefable is the wish passer for the team. Clefable has great HP so being a wish passer will be amazing to the team. Cosmic Power is for it to take more Hits. Protect is to get the Wish and heal up and moonblast is to deal some damage (P.S i might change Protect to Toxic)

https://pokepast.es/3edffdfbe18ca863 that is the PokePsate Version if you only want the team. anyway Thanks for reading! If you have any suggestions please let me know.

Hi, pretty interesting team but this team has quite a number of problems. Firstly, Drapion is not a strong sweeper at all in OU tier. It's speed isn't bad but it's not good either. Drapion gets out sped by a plethora of pokemon. Scarf Landorus absolutely destroys it, same with Garchomp. The crit boost can actually do quite a lot damage if you get a crit but as a sweeper to rely on, this method is not that effective.

Delphox again isn't bad in speed but its not impressive speed in OU. Scarf Lando T also counters Delphox hard, Delphox gets out sped by many other Scarf users as well as Mega Lopunny, Blacephalon and Greninja. Delphox is also weak to stealth rock which is on nearly every OU team and the fact that Delphox is already quite fragile as it is, leaves it capable of being taken out in one hit by a large number of pokemon after Stealth Rocks. Also, Blast Burn won't be effective. The move is too unforgiving because after you use it, you're unable to move the following turn. Your sweeping potential with Delphox is practically gone after using Blast Burn. Opponents could also just hard switch into a Toxapex, Tyranitar or Heatran to easily counter it which are common in OU.

If you want to have a tank Magearna, then it would be best to give it Volt Switch. Its practically an essential move on Magearna. Volt Switch helps it get out of situations that leave it trapped like Magma Storm, it helps get in pokemon that it itself can't defeat as well as doing good damage to pokemon like celesteela that can just wall it completely.

Im not sure what Dusclops effectivness is on this team. It is a tanky pokemon but it is easily exploited by Ferrothorn, Toxapex and even Sp Def Jirachi. Chansey can wall Dusclops to no end. Ferro can just sustain with leech seed which will force you to switch, Dusclops makes it free for ferro to set up hazards as well. Same thing for Toxapex, it will constantly regain health with Recover as well as give it free chances to set T spikes. Ferrothorn and Toxapex are known to commonly run Knock Off which will leave your Dusclops significantly less bulky without Eviolite. Even though Jirachi is weak to ghost, Hex doesnt do enough to threaten Jirachi. It can use Wish to regain health and get up Stealth Rocks. Also Rest without a Chesto berry is a bad idea. It gives your opponent a free chance to switch pokemon and set up scary sweepers like X Charizard, Hawlucha or Mega Mawile while you're asleep.

Lastly, for Clefable, if you want to use a Cosmic Power Magic Guard set, Cosmic Power/Stored Power spam is your most effective strategy. At max Cosmic Power, your Stored Power will do a whopping 260 damage which is far stronger than using Moonblast as your damage source. Also you would need to switch out Wish for Soft-Boiled, Clefable is still very capable of being taken down in between waiting for Wish.

greninja.png
Choice_Specs_Bag.png

Now, in hopes to improve the team, Lopunny is actually the best sweeper currently on your team in all honesty. Delphox can actually be switched out for Specs Battle Bond Greninja. You wont have to deal with the crippling Stealth Rock damage and you will still do strong damage. You also threaten a lot of other pokemon because of your very high speed tier. You can run spikes with Gren to help sweep the opponent better and once you get BattleBond, your one of the strongest sweepers in all of OU.

zygarde.png

If you want a strong physical sweeper then I would switch out Drapion for Zygarde. Zygarde is regarded as not just a good sweeper but one of the best pokemon in OU. Very strong with its D Dance/Coil or D Dance/Substitute combo. It has good natural bulk. It's Thousand Arrows is a strong ground stab that hits even flying types and Extreme Speed gives it speed priority when you need it.

latios.png

You actually wont need Lopunny on this team specifically. Latios I feel would be a better replacement as it is offensively strong, immune to ground via levitate and gives you defog to stop people trying to abuse entry hazards.

magnezone.jpg
choice scarf.png

I would take Scarf Magnezone over magearna. Magnet Pull and HP Fire helps to counter Mega Scizor and Kartana and other steel types who are threats to your team.

ferrothorn.gif

I would also suggest adding Ferrothorn for replacing Dusclops. Grass/Steel gives you nice resistances, really bulky and you can set up hazards to help you sweep easier.

Well, thats all I have to say, if you have any questions feel free to ask!

Attachments

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)