My First Competitive Team - Mega Aggron

Hello everyone! This is the first competitive team I've ever made. I've been testing it out on Pokemon Showdown and winning a little more than half my battles.

Froslass @ Focus Sash
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Shadow Ball
- Spikes
- Destiny Bond

Froslass serves as my lead on this team. Its main role is to set up spikes as many times as possible before dying, hopefully being fast enough to use Destiny Bond after the Focus Sash activates to take a foe down with it. Ice Beam and Shadow Ball also let it be used as a fast special sweeper if it survives the beginning of the match.

Mienshao @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Fake Out

Mienshao is the fast physical sweeper on this team. It is mostly used as a guerilla fighter, smashing Pokemon with High Jump Kick or Stone Edge before switching out or using U-Turn. Regenerator helps to heal whenever it switches out and Fake Out helps to deal a little more damage when it switches in.

Salamence @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 24 Atk / 232 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Outrage
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake

This is just a standard MixMence set. On the team, it's used to take out the occasional Pokemon weak to Fire or Ground during the middle of the battle. However, its main role on the team is to sweep weakened Pokemon towards the end of the battle, usually with Outrage.

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 176 HP / 80 Def / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Calm Mind
- Recover

Reuniclus is a setup sweeper on this team. While it will occasionally come in for just a turn or two to eliminate something, it usually sets up a few Calm Minds before using Psychic or Focus Blast to sweep a few Pokemon. Magic Guard and Leftovers greatly help it stay alive long enough to set up, and Recover also helps keep it alive while it is being attacked.

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Cute Charm
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute
- Calm Mind

Sylveon functions in much the same way that Reuniclus does on the team, though they do have their differences. Sylveon is used as more of a defender than Reuniclus is, using Substitutes and Calm Minds to help stay alive. It also works as the switch-in to Dragon types. Sylveon often ends up using Moonblast (after a Calm Mind or two) at the end of a battle to wear down the opponent's final Pokemon.

Aggron @ Aggronite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Thunder Wave

Mega Aggron is used as a physical tank on the team. With its massive Defense stat and Filter, Mega Aggron can withstand several super effective attacks while crushing opponents with its three offensive moves. EdgeQuake gives it very good coverage, while Iron Head provides STAB. Overall, Mega Aggron can be used to switch in on many other Pokemon and hit them hard with its moves.

Any help with this team would be greatly appreciated.

All images obtained from pokemon.wikia.com

Heavy slam>Iron head for mega aggron. Clocking in at over 870 pounds (If I remember correctly), he deals 120 base power damage to almost everything. I thought the calc was 174 pounds the other poke would have to weigh to at least not take max damage. At like 217 ibs (which is rather rare for something that you wouldn't be using eq on), it has the same damage as iron head.

Intimidate on Mence is generally seen on sets going to use DD. Bring against physical attacker and preferably on eq or some non-factor damage and then DD (or even revenge bring it in). Mixmence isn't bad by any measure, but I do think they generally run moxie.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)