SM OU My First Hyper Offense

So I figured that mega-Alakazam under Psychic Terrain would be OP so I tried it out with this team.
First, we have our suicide lead, Lycanrock-Dusk form:
Lycanrock_Dusk.png
Wolfy (Lycanroc-Dusk) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Accelerock
- Endeavor
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

His speed makes him faster than a max speed Landorus which gives us a free taunt blocking him from putting SR. Endeavor is very good for disabling Ferrothorn or a Landorus that tried putting up SR. Accelerock boosted by Tough Claws and the STAB gives us a good offensive move.
Magearna.png
Tik Tok (Magearna) @ Fairium Z
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shift Gear
- Fleur Cannon
- Flash Cannon/Ice Beam/Thunderbolt
- Aura Sphere

My first setup sweeper is this Magearna. Shift Gear boosts our speed (and our attack but that's useless). Fleur Canon is here for the STAB and the Z-Move. When you play this set, you will always try to use the Z-move after Magearna is at least 1.5x spe. Attack so it has more power. I added here flash canon but the original set had Thunderbolt so I could kill Toxapex. I couldn't kill Clefable and didn't want to lose my stat boots so after that game I replaced Thunderbolt to Flash Cannon. Aura Sphere is here as a coverage move, mostly for Scarfed Excadrill (that we outspeed after 1 Shift Gear).
Mega_Alakazam.png
Obi-Wan (Alakazam) @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Mega Alakazam is our main on this team. Psychic as the STAB is the main move we will use. Focus Blast is here to kill Bisharp and Heatran who are very dangerous for this team. Shadow Ball for Latias/Latios (mega or not) and also for Lele. HP fire is here played for Ferrothorn. It could be replaced by energy ball if you think Mega-Swampert is a problem.
Tapu_Lele.png
Aida (Tapu Lele) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Aromatherapy

We have now a Scarfed Lele that I use mostly as a Revenge Killer. It is a valuable member of the team because of his Psychic Terrain. Psychic and Psyshock for the psychic stab depending on your opponent's pokemon. Moonblast is useful for Kyurem-B and Grachomp. Aromatherapy is here for the weird situations where you cannot kill your opponent and as a support move.
Tapu_Koko.png
THE LAST GUARDIAN (Tapu Koko) @ Choice Band
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Wild Charge
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Brave Bird

I chose here Koko to counter the other Tapus and to give some offensive coverage for the team. Wild Charge is here for the electric STAB. U-turn is here to get that momentum. Iron Head is here to deal damage to all the Tapus and Clefable. I soon realized that Clefable was kinda hard to kill if Magearna died. Brave Bird is played here as a coverage move so I can get Tangrwuth.
Kartana.png
Samurai! (Kartana) @ Adrenaline Orb
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword

Our second setup sweeper is Kartana. With the adrenaline orb, if we're hit by Intimidate, our speed is raised by 1 stage, which is the perfect counter for Landorus. Swords Dance for the setup. Leaf Blade for the STAB and for Tapu Fini. Sacred Sword for Heatran and Ferrothorn. Knock Off for Lele and as a coverage move.

So what is your opinion about this team? I am open to modifications if they're needed.

Lycanrock_Dusk.pngMagearna.pngTapu_Koko.pngTapu_Lele.pngMega_Alakazam.pngKartana.png

DKM

Are you feeling nervous? Are you having fun?
is a Social Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Hi MrRuffle, very cool team. Psychic spam is still very strong in the metagame. Although being a HO team it has alot of weaknesses, most HO teams have alot of speedy setup sweepers that try to setup and win right away. Your team has fast and powerful pokemon, but most of them can't really attempt to win immediately, which can be a bit problematic.

With the changes I'm going to suggest you can make your team more bulky, making it easier to deal with alot of threats. First I want to mention more specifically the biggest threats to your team.

Threats to the team:

658-a.png: Strong water types, specifically Ash-Greninja can threaten the whole team with Choice Specs Hydro Pump. Your only water resist is Kartana, who is so frail that it gets OHKOd anyway. Once Greninja evoles it gets stronger and outspeeds Koko, meaning you have to rely on Alakazam or Lele to revenge-kill it. If Psychic Terrain is removed then Specs Water Shuriken is also a big problem.

718.png: Zygarde, especially the DD sets can sweep the team easily, as there are no ground resists. Zygarde is so bulky that it can take a hit from Alakazam or unboosted Kartana and setup to sweep. A certain set even runs some bulk to live a scarf Moonblast from Tapu Lele.

485.png: Due to lack of a fire resist once Lycanroc goes down, Heatran is also a bit problematic. Not as threatening as the above two, but once Heatran gets a free switchin on Lele it's very hard to switch into. Alakazam can trace Flash Fire, but still gets weakened by Earth Power or Toxic to the point where it's not a reliable switchin.

Major Changes

465.png> 798.png: Firstly, I suggest using AV Tangrowth over Kartana. This gives you a good answer to Ash-Greninja who can stay healthy thanks to Regenerator, It's also a good answer to Zygarde thanks to HP Ice. Tangrowth can also help against Tapu Koko and opposing M-Alakazam which can be annoying to the team. The spread is the standard one, with some defense investment to take a +1 Dragonium Z from Zygarde.

462.png > 785.png: Next I suggest using Scarf Magnezone over Koko. I don't think Tapu Koko fits on this team since it removes the Psychic Terrain, which should be the main focus. I also don't think banded Koko is a very good set in general. Magnezone on the other hand traps steel types like Celesteela, Ferrothorn and M-Scizor. This makes it alot easier for your Psychic types to do alot of work. With a Choice Scarf, Magnezone also acts as a check to things like SD Kartana and M-Pinsir.

645-s.png> 745-d.png: The last major change I suggest is using a defensive Landorus over Lycanroc. Since the team is a bit more defensive I figured a rocker who would stay alive longer would be more fitting. Landorus is very bulky and usually doesn't die to a non Super Effective hit, making it a reliable Stealth Rocker. Landorus is also a backup switchin to Zygarde, a switchin to M-Mawile and banded Tyranitar. The moveset is Stealth Rock, Earthquake, U-turn to help bring in your breakers, and Toxic which allows you to check Hawlucha, since you can poison it and pivot around, intimidating it until poison wears it down. Toxic is also nice for Zapdos, the M-Lati twins, Gastrodon and other things.

Minor Changes

065-m.pngRecover > HP Fire: Since you now have Magnezone to trap Ferrothorn and M-Scizor, HP Fire isn't really needed on Alakazam. So in this slot I suggest recover, this allows it to act as a check to Heatran once it mega evolves. Since you trace Flash Fire and can recover off Earth Power damage. Toxic variants are still annoying though, since they might force you to recover more than you'd want. Recovery also lets you switch into weaker pokemon such as Clefable and Gastrodon since you can recover off the little damage that otherwise builds up.

786.pngtwistedspoon.png> choicescarf.png: Without Kartana, stall teams, or just very bulky teams in general can be harder to break. So I suggest making Tapu Lele a Calm Mind set to break, or weaken these teams for Alakazam. I would've suggested Psychium Z but since Magearna has a Z-move you can use Twisted Spoon instead. The set is Calm Mind, Psyshock which allows you to beat special walls like Chansey, Moonblast to hit Psychic types like Reuniclus, the M-Latias and Dark types like M-Sableye and Greninja. The last move is HP Fire to hit steel types that magnezone couldn't trap or couldn't OHKO such as Shed Shell Skarmory, M-Mawile and Magearna. The loss in speed is noticeable but you have Alakazam and scarf Magnezone for decent speed control.

801.pngFocus Blast > Aura Sphere: Lastly, I suggest Focus Blast on Magearna over Aura Sphere. While this move is less accurate it's worth using for the extra power. It OHKOs Magnezone, has a good chance to OHKO utility Heatran at +1 and does more damage to things like Ferrothorn.

Conclusion:

The team had a good idea and good support offensively, but not really enough to where you couldn't use some defense in my opinion. I know I made alot of changes, but hopefully you understand why.

The changes I made mean it's more of a bulky offense, so you have hard hitters but also have defensive pivots to fall back on. The team should be able to deal with alot of the offensive threats in the meta to some extent now.

I hope you like these changes. Below I'll leave the Import along with a short threatlist of things to be careful of. Good luck :]
308-m.png: Medicham, thanks to power and coverage can threaten this team quite a bit. Your best fighting resist is Landorus who gets beaten by Ice Punch. So you'll have to do your best to pivot around until you can bring in something faster. You can also try Yache Berry on Landorus to help in this matchup.

701.png: Recently, Hawlucha has been going down in usage, but it's still a threat. With unburden it outspeeds your whole team. Your best bet is to Toxic it with Landorus and then pivot between Landorus and either Magearna or Magnezone until the poison wears it down.

637.png: The team still has no fire resist, so Volcarona can be a threat. The best way to stop it is not letting it setup. Don't stay in with Tangrowth too long and try to keep rocks up to prevent it from setting up.

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 228 Def / 32 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Toxic

Magearna @ Fairium Z
Ability: Soul-Heart
Timid Nature
- Shift Gear
- Fleur Cannon
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast

Alakazam-Mega @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Recover

Tapu Lele @ Twisted Spoon
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 28 Def / 228 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Hello DragonKnightmaster, I would like to thank you for rating my team. I won't lie to you when I first saw the changes I thought that you were crazy. But then I tried that team and I liked it. It's very nice to play and still very true to the original one. So I would like to apologize for thinking that you were crazy.

Reactions: DKM

DKM

Are you feeling nervous? Are you having fun?
is a Social Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Hello DragonKnightmaster, I would like to thank you for rating my team. I won't lie to you when I first saw the changes I thought that you were crazy. But then I tried that team and I liked it. It's very nice to play and still very true to the original one. So I would like to apologize for thinking that you were crazy.
I'm glad you like the team. It was a pretty big change from hyper offense to bulky offense, so I wasn't sure if you'd like it as much.

Good luck and let me know if you have any questions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)