ORAS UU My First RTM

Hi everyone!

This is my first RMT, so sorry if its not good, but I have read and respected the rules so hopefully its ok :) I wanted to make a team with mega ampharos in it. I have been playin showdown for a little bit now (~2 years) and I have decided to try and git gud and I thought uu could be a good place to start. Here is an overview of the team:

Now more in depth:

Ampharos-Mega @ Ampharosite

Ability: Static

EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD

Calm Nature

IVs: 0 Atk

- Dragon Pulse

- Rest

- Sleep Talk

- Volt Switch

this is a fairly standard set, but it works well on my team. I have rest talk for recovery because as you will see, I opted not to run wish protect on my blissey. I feel recovery is important on this because it is my main source of special offence, because of its massive special attack stat. Volt switch offers nice initiative and along with some other u-turners and baton-passers on this team and dragon pulse is strong stab. Fairly standard, to be honest.

Quagsire @ Leftovers

Ability: Unaware

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD

Relaxed Nature

- Scald

- Recover

- Earthquake

- Toxic

next up we have quagsire. I chose quag because of its ability to stop most physical setup sweepers, which my team is quite weak to. it is also a great physical wall in general. Scald is to get burns and toxic is to get passive damage. earthquake gets a surprisingly large amount of damage off on super effective hits or on physically frail pokemon (like espeon, for example), allowing this to sit in-front of teams late to mid game and actually pick up some kos. is also works well with mega ampharos as mega ampharos resists grass.

Tentacruel @ Air Balloon

Ability: Liquid Ooze

EVs: 252 HP / 16 SpD / 240 Spe

Timid Nature

- Rapid Spin

- Magic Coat

- Scald

- Sludge Bomb

ok, finally onto a slightly more creative set ;) often, when facing a tentacruel, opponents can forget exactly how fast it is. that is why i like to run max speed max hp set to catch people off guard. due to its great spdef and pretty good typing it is still quite bulky and reliable rapid spinner. with my experience, tentacruels main weakness is earthquake. with an air balloon it can wall pokemon such as aggron mega and abomasnow mega until it is popped. this is because without being able to hit earthquake, tentacruel resists their other moves and can get off a hit or a rapid spin. air balloon also allows it to be immune to spikes, enabling it to come in a and spin away spikes without them having any effect on tentacruel. magic coat is there to bounce status such as rocks from a mega aggron that can no longer hit it with a ground type move :) scald and sludge bomb are just there to do damage and have the 30% chance of their respective status.

Celebi @ Leftovers

Ability: Natural Cure

EVs: 240 HP / 244 Def / 24 Spe

Bold Nature

- Giga Drain

- Recover

- Nasty Plot

- Baton Pass

celebi offers some more physical bulk for the team and because of its ability to nasty-pass can provide some surprise offensive pressure for such a passive team. it is a reliable stealth rocker and adds some type balance to my team aswell. thanks to baton pass it gives alot of initiative along with ampharos and crobat. i honestly dont know what the speed is for but smogon U recommends is so...

Blissey @ Leftovers

Ability: Natural Cure

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD

Bold Nature

- Soft-Boiled

- Stealth Rock

- Seismic Toss

- Heal Bell

I chose blissey because it is one of the best special walls in uu, if not the best, and it has access to heal bell. I did not want to put heal bell on ampharos or celebi so this fits perfectly. Also being a normal type it only has one weakness, in fighting, which is 8x resisted by the rest of the team, so it should not be an issue.

Crobat @ Black Sludge

Ability: Infiltrator

EVs: 248 HP / 48 Def / 212 Spe

Jolly Nature

- Brave Bird

- U-turn

- Heat Wave

- Roost

And now for my final mon, crobat. Crobat is very important to this team due to; 1)speed- this is by far the fastest pokemon on the team and can outspeed most of the tier, which is crucial so I don’t get pooped on by stuff that could otherwise out speed my whole team, such as espeon or whimsicott. 2) its 4x resist to grass, or more specifically its ability to check roserade, which was otherwise a massive threat to my team. 3) the utility. It is the only pokemon on my team with a fire type move so without it forretres is very annoying. Also the fast u-turn/brave bird for revenge killing is very useful and the fast recovery helps it survive in order to fill all those rolls.

threats:
cloyster: if this sets up it can be a problem, i usually try to deal with it using quagsire
hydreigon: this can be hard to deal with if it has superpower. i usually need to predict around it in order to beat it.
there may be more im just not that good at identifying them.

So that wraps up my first RMT! Im sorry if its not the best team, as I am not the best builder. That’s why I wanted to go on here in the first place. I am prepared for some harsh criticism, so don’t hold back :) Thanks in advance for any help and sorry if anything is wrong.

Attachments

Hey cool team :)
There are a couple changes that could really help take this team to the next level, however.
The first change I'd recommend is alomomola > quagsire. The reason for this is alomomola gives you a much more reliable dedicated wall and wish passer, which can also spread status around opposing teams.
While quagsire has unaware, it's generally pretty underwhelming in UU and is easily going to get pressured, while alomomola gives you a much better core, which is much harder for your opponents to break through.

Alomomola @ leftovers/rocky helmet
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 atk
Evs 136 Hp/252 Def/ 120 SpDef

Scald
Wish
Protect
Toxic

Next, I think you should address the fact that spikes stack wins against your team, as your only hazard removal is spin blocked. To help with this I'm going to suggest two things. One is running toxic spikes > magic coat on tentacruel, as your team is very passive and toxic spikes give you a way to widdle down opposing offense and also pressure spikes stackers, and will be reliably more useful than magic coat. Next is suggest using Defog > heatwave on crobat, as this will give you an emergency check to spikes stack and heatwave isn't doing much without investment anyway. Finally, I'd suggest running black sludge over air ballon on tentacruel as on a defensive team like yours tentacruel wants to switch in many times and black sludge will offer overall much more utility. Hope this helps.

Killintime

Time not so well spent
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hey dude, You seem to be trying to build a stall so a few recommendations I have for you is first I would change the ampharos set from:
Ampharos @ Ampharosite
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Dragon Pulse
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

to the standard physically defensive set of
Ampharos @ Ampharosite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Dragon Pulse
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Reason being you already have a blissey to blanket check the majority of special attackers.

• as for crobat I feel like your team will appreciate the Taunt>Heat Wave as it will allow you to block other hazard setters in general since you should technically beat out forretress anyways since you're the support bat.

• I agree with King Wynaut with Toxic spikes>Magic Coat as it allows you to form a spike stacking core with your team. Your team is quite fat so its in my personal opinion you should probably be running Black Sludge>Air Balloon otherwise your stall will be the one being punished in the long run in a battle of attrition.

You should probably also switch Alomomola
Alomomola @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Def / 216 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic

with quagsire otherwise you just auto lose to mamoswine with your team.

cool team man! Hope you give these changes some thought.

Last edited:
wow, thank you all for these changes! i really appreciate the help, i will defiantly take them all into account :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)