My first warstory (BW OU)

Hey guys, I’m Gronkasaurus Rex, or Rapapple (which is the name I was using on Pokémon Online) and I really wanted to post this warstory up here to see what people think of it. I was on Pokémon Online the other day and had a lot of battles and this was in my opinion the best one, it was against –Rain, it made me pretty nervous (haha) in the middle because I felt it was close. So here it is; my first warstory, hope you enjoy =D

The score will be in Red
The log will be in Bold
My comments and thoughts are in normal text
Sandstorm will be omitted. Leftovers will be omitted but in the first incidence a Pokémon uses Leftovers it will be mentioned. In the first incidence of a Pokémon using Life Orb hitting with an attack, it will be mentioned.

Both teams will be revealed at the end.

Battle between Rapapple and -Rain started!
Tier: Wifi
Variation: +19, -12
Rule: Rated
Rule: Sleep Clause
Rule: Freeze Clause
Rule: Species Clause
Rule: Wifi Battle
-Zero- is watching the battle.
Rapapple: HI ZERO!@!!
-Zero-: uh

-Rain sent out Tyranitar!
Rapapple sent out Azelf!
The foe's Tyranitar's Sand Stream whipped up a sandstorm!
-Zero-: hi
-Rain: u die
Rapapple: lol?
(100%)

vs.
(100%)

Ok, I haven’t come up against any Tyranitar leads whilst running my fun TrickScarf Azelf lead, which is weird, considering I’ve had a considerable amount of battles and Tyranitar is quite high in the usage stats. Usually in the lead matchup the opponent will attack or switch fearing a taunt from Azelf, so I trick them a scarf, hoping to set up rocks and/or come in with a resist (most likely Heatran, to take a predicted crunch or pursuit in this case) and set up.

Start of turn 1
Azelf used Trick!
Azelf switched items with the foe's Tyranitar!
Azelf obtained one Focus Sash!
The foe's Tyranitar obtained one Choice Scarf!
The foe's Tyranitar used Stealth Rock!
Pointed stones float in the air around Rapapple's team!

(94%)

vs.
(100%, locked into stealth rock)

Ahhh, I just totally forgot that Tyranitar leads always crap all over lead Azelf and, predicting a switch on my part, my opponent takes the opportunity to get their rocks up. This is severely disappointing, as it means a much less likely chance of an Urugamosu sweep. But seeing as the Tyranitar now has a scarf, and obviously has to switch, I decide to set up my own rocks, as it helps all my other team members score KO’s.

Start of turn 2
-Rain called Tyranitar back!
-Rain sent out Skarmory!
Azelf used Stealth Rock!
Pointed stones float in the air around -Rain's team!
(88%)

vs.
(100%)

So now I have rocks up, and my Azelf is now up against a Skarmory. I’m a bit confused as to why my opponent would switch in Skarmory. I get the feeling he thinks I’m not running taunt, as I’ve already revealed two support moves, and most Azelf (including lead Azelf) run at least two attacks even if one of them is U-turn or explosion. So I predict that he’ll stay in and try get some spikes up, so I’ll taunt him and even if he goes to Tyranitar, I can switch in Heatran on all attacks that lead Tyranitar commonly run, so taunt is a very safe bet.

Start of turn 3
Azelf used Taunt!
The foe's Skarmory fell for the taunt!
The foe's Skarmory can't use Spikes after the taunt!

(82%)

vs.
(100%, taunted)

Awesome, that worked well. I’m 100% sure Skarmory is switching out. And seeing as Psychic is the only attack I’m running on this Azelf which I feel won’t do much to anything, I’ll make a switch too. Based on the two Pokémon I’ve seen on my opponent’s team thus far Heatran seems like a good switch. Because I’m running a substitute, I’ll get a sub up if the switch-in is Tyranitar, but I can also hit most other switches for decent damage, which will be good this early in the game.

Start of turn 4
Rapapple called Azelf back!
Rapapple sent out Heatran!
Pointed stones dug into Heatran!
-Rain called Skarmory back!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Tyranitar!

(88%)

vs.
(88%)

Yay, he brought Tyranitar in. Like I said before, most Tyranitar don’t run earthquake nowadays, so he doubt he can do much to me. My opponent is probably expecting an Earth Power, so as he switches to what is most likely a ground-immunity, I’ll get a sub-up to scout the switch and see if I can damage it.

Start of turn 5
-Rain sent out Doryuuzu!
The foe's Doryuuzu is floating on a balloon!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Doryuuzu!
Heatran used Substitute!
Heatran made a substitute!

(63%, behind a substitute)

vs.
(97%, sand throw in effect)

So I have my sub up as balloon Doryuuzu comes in and now things are looking pretty good. I realise that I can’t let that Doryuuzu get a Swords Dance in, or else he could probably run through my team at +2, so I’ll have to keep that in mind. I doubt he’ll stay in as the best he can do is break my sub and he probably wants to attempt a Doryuuzu sweep later, so I’ll just try hit the switch in as hard as possible with a fire blast.

Start of turn 6
-Rain called Doryuuzu back!
-Rain sent out Gliscor!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Gliscor!
Heatran used Fire Blast!
The attack of Heatran missed!

(63%, behind a substitute)

vs.
(94%, holding leftovers)

Ok, that wasn’t particularly helpful, but I guess that happens. I’ll just fire off another Fire Blast behind the safety of my sub to try hit that Gliscor as hard as possible, so it’s all good because I still have my sub....

Start of turn 7
The foe's Gliscor used Earthquake!
It's super effective!
Heatran's substitute faded!
Heatran used Fire Blast!
The attack of Heatran missed!

(63%)

vs.
(100%)

OK, not good. I feel like I’ve lost the offensive momentum, as I can’t leave my Heatran in on this Gliscor; I’ll be outsped an KO’d, and I want to preserve my Heatran for later. Seeing as my opponent brought in a Doryuuzu then a Gliscor to my Heatran I feel if I can get a sub up later Heatran could potentially eliminate several members of my opponent’s team. So expecting another earthquake, I go to my only ground-immunity, Azelf.

Start of turn 8
Rapapple called Heatran back!
Rapapple sent out Azelf!
Pointed stones dug into Azelf!
The foe's Gliscor used Earthquake!
It had no effect!

(64%)

vs.
(100%)

Ok, good, now I can start to wrestle back this momentum. But without giving it much thought I just click taunt because Gliscor can’t really do much to me outside of its support moves, so I try shut it down I guess...

Start of turn 9
Azelf used Taunt!
The attack of Azelf missed!
The foe's Gliscor used Ice Fang!
Azelf lost 67 HP! (18% of its health)

(38%)

vs.
(100%)

I really wasted a turn (the taunt miss made no difference) there and I really don’t know what to do on my next move. I’m keen to get a free switch-in for one of my sweepers and with nothing seemingly able to set up on Azelf, I just decide to leave it in. At the moment Azelf can take another ice fang so I’m thinking my opponent might switch, but again I just click a move without enough thought.

Start of turn 10
-Rain called Gliscor back!
Azelf used Trick!
Azelf obtained one Choice Scarf!
The foe's Tyranitar obtained one Focus Sash!

(31%, locked into trick)

vs.
(76%)

Whoops! Again I waste a turn here because I didn’t really think the situation through. I consider bringing in Heatran or Scizor to take a predicted Crunch, but I didn’t really want either of them (especially Heatran, with his Life Orb) to take the hit. Also I figure assuming he Crunches that it lets Heatran get a free sub up as I switch it in after Azelf’s death and possibly a sweep. Even though I still haven’t seen two of his Pokémon, I’ve made up my mind.... sorry Azelf.

Start of turn 11
Azelf used Trick!
Azelf obtained one Focus Sash!
The foe's Tyranitar obtained one Choice Scarf!
The foe's Tyranitar used Crunch!
It's super effective!
Azelf lost 111 HP! (31% of its health)
Azelf fainted!

(5-6) –Rain up

Rapapple sent out Heatran!
Pointed stones dug into Heatran!

(0%, KO’d)

(51%)

vs.
(76%, locked into crunch)

So Azelf dies and Heatran comes in, pretty much ensured of a free sub. I doubt he’ll switch in Doryuuzu again, after what happened in this scenario last time, so I’m guessing he’ll go to Gliscor or one of his unknowns.

Start of turn 12
-Rain sent out Burungeru!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Burungeru!
Heatran used Substitute!
Heatran made a substitute!

(26%, behind a substitute)

vs.
(88%, holding leftovers)

Hmmm Burungeru... So maybe my Heatran won’t be doing any sweeping today. My plan right now is to get a Chesto Resto Kingdra sweep, setting up on Burungeru, as I’ve seen no priority on my opponent’s team thus far, and after multiple dragon dances it should KO all my opponents Pokémon and outspeed that stupid mole. If I can get this Burungeru down to considerably low health where it needs to recover a couple times, it means more dragon dances for Kingdra. So I just hit Earth Power to do the most damage.

Start of turn 13
Heatran used Earth Power!
The foe's Burungeru lost 35% of its health!
The foe's Burungeru used Boil Over!
It's super effective!
A critical hit!
Heatran's substitute faded!

(16%, holding Life Orb)

vs.
(53%)

I go Earth Power again to hit it some more, because even though it will probably recover, that damage is still important for Kingdra to get off more dances.

Start of turn 14
The foe's Burungeru lost 39% of its health!
The foe's Burungeru used Toxic!
But it failed!
-Rain: oh miss

(6%)

vs.
(14%)

I don’t know why he used toxic; I think he said it was a mis-click on his part, probably trying to recover. Seeing the Burungeru, unexpectedly on such low health, I go for the earth power again, because I thought Fire Blast might not have finished it off and that maybe with Burungeru dead, that it would open up what seemed an unlikely Urugumosu sweep.

Start of turn 15
-Rain called Burungeru back!
-Rain sent out Skarmory!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Skarmory!
It had no effect!

(6%)

vs.
(94%, holding leftovers)

In reality I should have Fire Blasted (in hindsight that would have won me the game right there), because it most likely would have finished off Burungeru if he stayed in. But it was a nice switch by my opponent which saved his Burungeru. I don’t think that he would leave Skarmory in but I use Fire Blast anyway even though it is the obvious move because it will do decent damage to anything that comes in.

Start of turn 16
-Rain sent out Latios!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Latios!
Heatran used Fire Blast!
It's not very effective...
The foe's Latios lost 45% of its health!
Heatran fainted!
(4-6) –Rain up

Ok I’m down 4-6 and I’m not really sure what to switch in here as I didn’t expect him to bring out a Latios. However things don’t look to bad as he has a maimed Burungeru which I can set up on with Kingdra, a scarfed lead Tyranitar which could also give me a chance to set up and a Latios below half health, whilst the rest of my Pokémon, which are all unrevealed are at full health. I go to Scizor, as it will threaten with bullet punch to hopefully net me a free move.

Rapapple sent out Scizor!
Pointed stones dug into Scizor!

(0%, KO’d)

(88%)

vs.
(43%, holds leftovers)

I’m certain he’ll switch fearing the bullet punch, so in my mind I have two choices; U-turn or pursuit. Now pursuit would get the KO, but it would guarantee Doryuuzu a free swords dance (because Scizor would be locked into pursuit; choice band) if it switched in after and that is a risk I can’t take; down 4-6 at the moment I need to make sure he doesn’t get any free moves. So I U-turn to scout the switch and go to an appropriate Pokémon on my team.

Start of turn 17
-Rain called Latios back!
-Rain sent out Skarmory!

He sends in Skarmory, so I decide to U-turn to my LO Jolteon, who instantly threatens Skarmory and keeps the pressure on my opponent.

Scizor used U-turn!
The foe's Skarmory lost 11% of its health!
Rapapple called Scizor back!
Rapapple sent out Jolteon!
Pointed stones dug into Jolteon!

(82%)

vs.
(77%)

Ok, again I think he’s going to switch fearing a thunderbolt so I’ll use volt change to scout the switch and get in a Pokémon for free.

Start of turn 18
-Rain sent out Doryuuzu!
The foe's Doryuuzu is floating on a balloon!
Jolteon used Volt Change!
It had no effect!

(75%)

vs.
(94%, sand throw in effect)

Crap, good switch by my opponent there! I tend to abuse U-turns from Scizor and Volt changes from Jolteon forgetting that if an immunity (i.e. a ground type) comes in that I don’t get to switch, and now he’s about to get a free swords dance up. I’m pretty scared right now as I think he’ll run through my team at +2. Scizor can’t KO with bullet punch, and I’m not confident that anyone will be able to take a hit from Doryuuzu properly. I panic but realise that there is only one move I can do, but saddening as it is I’ll have to sacrifice Jolteon to do it.

Start of turn 19
The foe's Doryuuzu used Swords Dance!
The foe's Doryuuzu's Attack sharply rose!
Jolteon used Rain Dance!
It started to rain!

(75%, holding Life Orb)

vs.
(94%, +2 Atk)

I run rain dance on my Jolteon which is admittedly very odd, but it helps in many circumstances (such as this one =D) as it lessens Scizor's only weakness and can help Kingdra if it’s having trouble finding a spot to set up, not that I use it much. I have to sacrifice Jolteon, because I don’t want anyone else to take a +2 Earthquake, but it means I can get Kingdra in to force Doryuuzu out.

Start of turn 20
Jolteon used Shadow Ball!
The foe's Doryuuzu lost 20% of its health!
The foe's Doryuuzu's Balloon popped!
The foe's Doryuuzu's Sp. Def. fell!
The foe's Doryuuzu used Earthquake!
It's super effective!
Jolteon lost 177 HP! (65% of its health)
Jolteon fainted!
(3-6) –Rain up

Rapapple sent out Kingdra!
Pointed stones dug into Kingdra!

(0%, KO’d)

(88%, swift swim in effect)

vs.
(74%, +2 Atk, -1SpD)

I’m a bit unsure as to whether I should Dragon Dance or just go for the Waterfall, because if he predicts my Dragon Dance and attacks I could lose the game right here. Also any switch will be KO’d because of the rain boost so I just go with waterfall because it seems like the better option.

Start of turn 21
-Rain called Doryuuzu back!
The foe's Tyranitar's Sand Stream whipped up a sandstorm!
Kingdra used Waterfall!
It's super effective!
The foe's Tyranitar lost 63% of its health!
The foe's Tyranitar fainted!
(3-5) –Rain up

-Rain sent out Skarmory!

(0%, KO’d)

(82%)

vs.
(66%)

I get my first kill of the match (woot) and now Skarmory is in to tank whatever hit I can dish out. Also he has sandstorm up again and it’s not going away. I’m not sure how much a waterfall would do right now, but I’m guessing that he’s going go for the Whirlwind, so a DD would be useless. Waterfall it is.

Start of turn 22
-Rain sent out Burungeru!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Burungeru!
Kingdra used Waterfall!
The foe's Burungeru's Water Absorb absorbs the attack!

(76%)

vs.
(27%)

Great switching by my opponent again using Skarmory as a pivot to bait the waterfall, I totally forgot that Burungeru had water absorb. But now I can set-up some Dragon Dances on 5th Gens most common bulky water.

Start of turn 23
Kingdra used Dragon Dance!
Kingdra's Attack rose!
Kingdra's Speed rose!
The foe's Burungeru used Recover!
The foe's Burungeru regained health!

(70%, +1 Atk, +1 Spe)

vs.
(77%)

One dragon dance...

Start of turn 24
Kingdra's Attack rose!
Kingdra's Speed rose!
The foe's Burungeru used Toxic!
Kingdra was poisoned!
Kingdra is hurt by poison!
Rapapple: hey dude
Rapapple: at the end of this game can you not quit straight away
Rapapple: I wanna save the log (^^)

(58%, +2 Atk, +2 Spe, badly poisoned)

vs.
(77%)

And a second dragon dance as Kingdra just laughs at the toxic. I run the standard Chesto Rest Kingdra with 8 Atk Ev’s changed to Spe Ev’s to outspeed ScarfChomp after two Dragon Dances, but this isn’t enough to outspeed Doryuuzu in the sand so I need another Dragon Dance. Also I’ll need to outrage to KO Burungeru, so I’ll want to get off another Dragon Dance so I can do as much damage to the steel type which my opponent brings in hopefully after Burungeru is KO’d.

Start of turn 25
Kingdra's Attack rose!
Kingdra's Speed rose!
The foe's Burungeru regained health!
-Rain: hey zero
-Zero-: ?

(40%, +3 Atk, +3 Spe, badly poisoned)

vs.
(100%)

So now I’m going to rest up and then hopefully pull off a sweep with Kingdra.

Start of turn 26
Kingdra used Rest!
Kingdra went to sleep and became healthy!
Kingdra ate its Chesto Berry!
Kingdra woke up!
But it failed!
-Rain: ok

(94%, +3 Atk, +3 Spe)

vs.
(100%)

I wonder if he thought I was running Chesto Rest Kingdra because he recovered there.. predicting an attack? Outrage time!

Start of turn 27
Kingdra used Outrage!
The foe's Burungeru lost 100% of its health!
The foe's Burungeru fainted!

(3-4) –Rain up

-Rain sent out Skarmory!

(0%, KO’d)

(88%, +3 Atk, +3 Spe)

vs.
(53%)

I’m not sure if I KO with a +3 Outrage, because I’m sure he will Whirlwind this turn, effectively ending my sweep, which means if he can get in Doryuuzu safely he will probably win. I feel really nervous because at this stage as it has been a tight game and it’s nearing the end...

Start of turn 28
Kingdra used Outrage!
The foe's Skarmory lost 46% of its health!
The foe's Skarmory used Roar!
Scizor was dragged out!

(76%)

vs.
(11%)

Ok, so my Kingdra sweep is over, but Skarmory is horribly hurt. I’m not sure if my opponent is going to switch or not because if he does it means the next time Skarmory comes in it falls to stealth rocks. U-turn, as in many cases, is the safest option because if my opponent switches to Doryuuzu then I think it will be hit into Bullet Punches KO range, so I don’t instant lose, Latios is killed and Gliscor would mean Kingdra could pull off another sweep. So yeah, U-turn.

Start of turn 29
-Rain sent out Doryuuzu!
Scizor used U-turn!
A critical hit!
The foe's Doryuuzu lost 70% of its health!
The foe's Doryuuzu fainted!
(3-3) No one up

Whoops.... *cheeky smile on Scizor’s face*

-Rain sent out Latios!

(0%, KO’d)

(70%)

vs.
(31%)

Ok the scores are tied, but for the first time in the game I’m “winning” as Skarmory is KO’d on the next switch in. The situation at the moment is that I need to either a) get Urugamosu or Kingdra to finish Gliscor and then have Scizor Bullet Punch Latios or b) get a butterfly dance off with Urugamosu or Dragon Dance with Kingdra which would let either KO both Pokémon. I’m pretty sure he will use draco meteor so I go to Scizor because from there I can get in a U-turn and then hopefully get a set-up opportunity.

Start of turn 30
Rapapple called Kingdra back!
The foe's Latios used Draco Meteor!
Scizor lost 143 HP! (41% of its health)
The foe's Latios's Sp. Att. sharply fell!

(23%)

vs.
(31%, -2SpA)

Scizor takes the hit like a champ and I’m confident about my chances of a win. I U-turn because Latios isn’t hanging around and I want to hit Gliscor and then get Kingdra in.

Start of turn 31
-Rain called Latios back!
-Rain sent out Skarmory!
The foe's Skarmory fainted!

(3-2) Rapapple

Scizor used U-turn!
But there was no target...
-Rain sent out Gliscor!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Gliscor!

(0%, KO’d)

(23%)

vs.
(88%)

Nice use of the death fodder there as it means I don’t get a free switch. I go to Kingdra because he can take anything that Gliscor carry and he should be able to set up a Dragon Dance from there.

Start of turn 32
Kingdra lost 49 HP! (14% of its health)

(33%)

vs.
(94%)

Kingdra should take whatever Gliscor uses next, Dragon Dance, then Waterfall for the KO.

Start of turn 33
The foe's Gliscor used Toxic!
Kingdra was poisoned!
Kingdra's Attack rose!
Kingdra's Speed rose!

(23%, +1 Atk, +1 Spe, badly poisoned)

vs.
(100%)

I’m pretty sure this will kill. Waterfall Time.

Start of turn 34
Kingdra used Waterfall!
It's super effective!
The foe's Gliscor lost 80% of its health!
A critical hit!
Kingdra lost 78 HP! (23% of its health)
Kingdra fainted!
(2-2) No one up

Apex is watching the battle.
Rapapple sent out Urugamosu!
Pointed stones dug into Urugamosu!

(0%,KO’d)

(50%)

vs.
(25%)

It didn’t kill but I’m pretty sure I’ve got this wrapped up now, if Gliscor had roost I might have been in trouble but he doesn’t. Urugamosu comes in for the KO. Yay!

Start of turn 35
Urugamosu used Bug Buzz!
The foe's Gliscor lost 25% of its health!
The foe's Gliscor fainted!

(2-1) Rapapple up

-Rain sent out Latios!
(0%, KO’d)

(34%, holding Life Orb)

vs.
(19%)

So the Gliscor goes down and Latios comes in for the revenge kill.

Start of turn 36
The foe's Latios used Psychic!
Urugamosu lost 106 HP! (34% of its health)
Urugamosu fainted!
(1-1) No one up

-Rain: help
Rapapple: lol

(0%, KO’d)

(11%)

vs.
(19%)

Here comes Scizor with those pesky pincers of his to finish off the game. I’m still pretty nervous though because I haven’t actually won yet. I get the image of a Latios using Vacuum wave or something crazy and I freak out.

Start of turn 37
Scizor used Bullet Punch!
The foe's Latios lost 18% of its health!
The foe's Latios fainted!
(1-0) Rapapple win

Rapapple won the battle!

(0%, KO’d)

(11%)

Phew! No crazy Latios vacuum wave. Finally when it reads that I won I start to calm down.

Time for Props and Slops!

Props:
Scizor for his powerful u-turns and finishing off the game.
Kingdra proving she has numerous opportunities to set-up in this Gen even with more menacing threats around and the dragons back in the metagame.
Azelf for giving me the momentum early in the match
Doryuuzu, whilst being underwhelming, still managing to dictate my moves
Skarmory, for taking less than 50% from a +3 Outrage
All the Pokémon for working as a team and contributing to a great game
-Rain for one of the best games I’ve ever played and his great use of switching

Slops:
Heatran, for his poor aim and not taken anything down despite getting up two substitutes
Hax for playing a larger than desired role in the game
Me for forgetting that ground I immune to volt change and wasting some turns with Azelf
Can’t think of much else

Teams (in order of appearance);

Rapapple’s Team:

-Rain’s Team:

I’m really interested to hear what you guys have to say, so please, tell me if this was a good game, if you liked the warstory, if I should give up or if I should make more. I also would appreciate any comments on my team and maybe help with my prediction because I can’t seem to get past rank 150 on the PO Wifi ladder... Again, hope you enjoyed it =D

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ahhhh, Font Tags, /eyes.

EDIT: Much better, though the large font size is still slightly unnerving. This was a very solid battle. I think you did a very good job of explaining your thought process and planning towards victory. Good Warstory. 8/10

Ok, i've fixed the issue so it's bearable to read now :P

sorry, i never post on forums :S

Thanks Panamaxis i'll be sure to do that next time so it doesn't happen again
but is there a way to retain the formatting when you go from word to notepad? (like bolding, font colour, etc.)

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
It was a good fight, but a great one for first time. Good switches (though that volt change one killed me!), good moves, just generally good. A ton of people are making first time warstories around now, and so many are bad. It's good to see that isn't always the case. I'll be expecting more! 8.5/10

panamaxis

how many seconds in eternity?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
As far as I know there isn't but you can do bolding and font colour on the forums manually. Just read the warstory, pretty solid though I wonder why Gliscor didn't use Earthquake on Kingdra. Good job.

Definitely one of the best 'first' warstories available. The most important part of a warstory, in my opinion, is showing your thought process and planning, which you did a great job of. Looking forward to more from you, although I hate the larger font, lol.

Also you have a Burungeru sprite instead of Skarmory on turn 21, just so you know. =P

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
That was a pretty nice battle, although itt large font makes warstories harder to read then the standard font. You and your opponents had pretty good strategies/predictions; similarly to Encube's comment, this is definitely one of the strongest warstories for a first-time.

Lol at first I was like "Lolwutwalloftext" but after reading through it seemed like a really good battle.Idk why his Gliscor dsn't run Earthquake though but w/e.Both of you playeed well and blah blah.
8.5/10

odd...Then on the turn where he brought in his Kingdra on the Gliscor why did Gliscor toxic seeing as you could easily ohk0 kingdra with Earthquake?

I saw this post when you first put it up, and I immediately closed it. The wall of text was so horrific, I HAD to close it. I came back to check if you fixed it and holy cow its better. The large font is a little bit annoying but its not that bad.

As for the battle, this is great for a first timer! A few odd choices bugged me, such as the volt change move, or the fact the enemy used toxic on your kingdra with gliscor. But other than that, great stuff here for your first war story. Keep them up!

8/10

ok i made some more edits, mainly with the text size and that skarmory sprite (thanks Encube)

and thank you guys for the replies
i put a lot of effort into it i and thanks to your comments i'll be posting warstories of (hopefully) better battles of mine in the future :)

Well, you sorta had the upper hand for the ending part of the warstory, but there was a lot of clever switching required to achieve that stage to guarantee a win condition.

Pretty good. The teams were an interesting mix of Gen 4 and Gen 5 OU staples, reflecting the metagame pretty well. You and your opponent made some smart choices, I enjoyed the read!

This was enjoyable. Good formatting and predicts. On turn 14 I'm assuming Burungeru used Toxic on Heatran because he predicted a switch (with the sub down).

Rain Dance Jolteon on Doryuzuu's SD was probably one of the biggest MvP moves there. That alone probably saved you the match, so very nice on your part. You got some unfortunate instances (Fire blast missing twice in a row) but I guess it balanced out later when you crit KO Doryuzuu.

Great WarStory.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)