My First X and Y Competitive Team!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Guys, this is my first X and Y competitive team! After a month of examining threats in the new metagame, I think I have found a team that counters all threats. Here it is:

Deku (Trevenant) (M) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Harvest
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Substitute
- Curse
- Will-O-Wisp
- Horn Leech

Trevenant is probably my favorite Pokemon on this team. In Generation 6, special attacks got nerfed and physical attackers became a bigger threat. Many physical powerhouses were introduced, like Aegislash and Mega-Kangaskan. Trevenant takes care of most physical attackers. With Will-O-Wisp, Trevenant can burn and cause a decrease in the opponent's attack. When behind a substitute, Trevenant can sponge many hits. It good typing gives it immunity to Fighting and Normal and resistance the moves like Earthquake. After using Curse, Trevenant can restore health with its Sitrus Berry while the opponent loses 25% of their HP every turn. Harvest allows Trevenant to keep reusing the Sitrus Berry, ans Horn Leech can hit Pokemon like Tyranitar for decent damage while restoring HP.

Vincent (Smeargle) (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 HP / 4 Def
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Sticky Web
- Spore
- Spikes

I would always see people use Smeargle as hazard setters. I always thought that using Smeargle was pointless since two hits can usually take it out. Now that I'm using one, I see the benefit. If I can predict a switch correctly, my Smeargle can put the opponent to sleep with Spore. With Sticky Web as a new hazard, Smeargle can lay out traps such as Spikes and Stealth Rocks to deal residual damage and lower speed! The Focus Sash lets Smeargle take a hit if the opponent is faster than him, which doesn't happen too often as Smeargle has a Jolly Nature and Max Speed EVs.

Gunner (Blastoise) (M) @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 Def
Modest Nature
- Water Pulse
- Dragon Pulse
- Dark Pulse
- Aura Sphere

Blastoise always stood out to me as a good wall. With nice defenses and access to Rapid Spin, Blastoise would always play a supporting role in my team. With his Mega Evolution, Blastoise sees a new role in my team. I use Blastoise as a bulky sweeper, and it sure does its job well. It completely walls Talonflame and can take up to 5 hits from Physical Sweepers. Combined with a Modest Nature and Max SAtk EVs, Blastoise hits hard. Water Pulse it a nice STAB that gets boosted by Mega Blastoise's ability Mega Launcher to 135 BP. Dragon Pulse is very useful against Dragonite and Garchomp, who Blastoise can take multiple hits from. Dark Pulse knocks out Mega Gengar after damage from Stealth Rocks and kncoks out Alakazam without extra help, and finally Aura Sphere never misses while hitting Steel types and Normal types for good damage.

Sonic (Talonflame) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

Talonflame is a common sight in the current OU. There's a reason though; Talonflame can hit hard, is fast, and gets priority on all Flying Type Moves with Gale Wings. I always switch Talonflame into Pokemon weak to Fire or Flying in order to set up with Swords Dance. After boosting, Brave Bird and Flare Blitz deals massive damage. Brave Bird can hit Fighting Types like Mega Medicham and Flare Blitz can hit Aegislash and Skarmory. The recoil isn't a major issue as Talonflame has priority with Roost.

Skrillex (Excadrill) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 20 Spd / 60 Atk / 176 HP / 252 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance

Excadrill has been sent back to OU, and I'm taking full advantage of that. I am using the standard Smogon set, but it works extremely well. As Talonflame is 4x weak to Stealth Rocks, Rapid Spin on Excadrill can clear the rocks and allow my Talonflame to battle to its fullest. After he spins away hazards, Excadrill uses Swords Dance and takes out many Pokemon with Rock Slide and gets a great STAB off of Earthquake. Leftovers help recover some health while using Swords Dance.

Nyma (Sylveon) (F) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Cute Charm
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 Def
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Shadow Ball
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Ice]

With the introduction of the Fairy Type, I feel that Sylveon fits the best on this team. Sylveon is immune to Dragon types, which forces them to switch and and breaks momentum. Sylveon's 130 Base SDef is no joke, and with the Assault Vest the SDef is amazing even without SDef investment! Sylveon is a tank that can hit hard with Max 110 Base SAtk. Moonblast is a great STAB attack with a chance of lowering the opponent's SAtk, Shadow Ball can lower the opponent's SDef, Psyshock deals with other pesky Special Tanks like Blissey and Mega Venusaur, and Hidden Power Ice allows me to deal with Gliscor, which seem to cause me a lot of trouble.

So that's my current Team! I know it's far from perfect, so please leave any suggestions that can improve it. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)