Ability: Sticky Hold
Level: 5
EVs: 36 HP / 196 Atk / 196 Def / 36 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Fire Punch
- Shadow Sneak
- Disable

Grimer has the moveset suggested by The Dex, except I replaced the last move with Disable, which should be useful for putting a stop to certain pokemon who use the same attack again and again. Berry Juice is, of course, for healing purposes. UPDATE: Shadow Sneak is a nice move to have in case of emergency Abra. Stab Move(s): Gunk Shot

Slowpoke @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 116 HP / 236 Def / 36 SpA / 116 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Thunder Wave
- Psychic

Slowpoke is not only a nice Water/Psychic wall, but its item, the Eviolite, allows it to do even more damage via Psychic and Scald, giving the attacks a boost from both the Eviolite and the STAB bonus. Not only that, but its typing, unique to only itself in the world of the Little Cup, allows it to have 2 STAB moves, one of which can even cause the burn status condition. Slack Off is, of course, a useful means of recovery. And finally, Thunder Wave is a status condition move, as we all know. UPDATE: Slowpoke is also good for warding off Timburr, Mienfoo, and other common appearances in the Little Cup. Stab Move(s): Scald, Psychic

Ekans @ Berry Juice
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 156 HP / 84 Def / 244 SpD
Careful Nature
- Coil
- Gunk Shot
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch

Ekans, while not as popular as Snivy, is one of only two pokemon in Little Cup with access to the stat-booster known as Coil. Ekans has only one STAB move in this moveset, Gunk Shot. And while Snivy has arguably better STAB moves, Ekans is still a nice setup breaker, especially when it comes to the ever-so-popular Gale Winged Swords Dance Acrobatics Fletchling. Berry Juice heals damage taken during setup with Coil, and Intimidate can lessen damage done altogether. UPDATE: Stab Move(s): Gunk Shot

Zigzagoon @ Berry Juice
Ability: Pickup
EVs: 132 HP / 196 Atk / 108 Def / 28 SpD / 36 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Extreme Speed
- Thief
- Seed Bomb

I made a post on Zigzagoon and Mareep's teamwork, please read that. UPDATE: As for Zigzagoon itself, its ability Pickup allows it to "find" the opponent's item once it has used up its Berry Juice. Belly Drum, if excecuted correctly, can have the recoil removed by Berry Juice. Stab Move(s): Extreme Speed

Hoppip @ Berry Juice
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 76 HP / 236 Atk / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Acrobatics
- Substitute
- Swords Dance

Hoppip is a nice substitute for Fletchling, with Berry Juice to replace Roost and a very impressive Attack stat for a Grass type. Infiltrator will also allow Hoppip to ignore any and all substitutes, plus it can set up one itself. Acrobatics should work well not only with Knock Off, but also because, chances are, Berry Juice wll have been used up during the first turn or so. Sleep Powder can be used to not only force switch an opponent but also to give Hoppip the time it needs to set up with Swords Dance. UPDATE: Stab Move(s): Acrobatics

Mareep @ Eviolite
Ability: Static
EVs: 236 HP / 196 Def / 76 SpD
Bold Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt

I made a post on Zigzagoon and Mareep's teamwork, please read that. UPDATE: As for Mareep itself, Thunderbolt makes for a nice Chinchou Counter. Stab Move(s): Thunderbolt ANOTHER UPDATE: Mareep is one of few LC Pokémon that can learn both Light Screen and Reflect. This gives it my Seel of approval (get it?) and wins it the title of first sent out in all of my LC battles. Setup takes only two turns, and those first two turns are perfect when it comes to setting up for a team sweep. Mareep's Static can also paralyze foes trying to ruin setup, such as Diglett and Drilbur.

Grimer @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sticky Hold
EVs: 36 HP / 196 Atk / 196 Def / 36 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Fire Punch
- Shadow Sneak
- Disable

Slowpoke @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 116 HP / 236 Def / 36 SpA / 116 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Thunder Wave
- Psychic

Ekans @ Berry Juice
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 156 HP / 84 Def / 244 SpD
Careful Nature
- Coil
- Gunk Shot
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch

Zigzagoon @ Berry Juice
Ability: Pickup
EVs: 132 HP / 196 Atk / 108 Def / 28 SpD / 36 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Extreme Speed
- Thief
- Seed Bomb

Hoppip @ Berry Juice
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 76 HP / 236 Atk / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Acrobatics
- Substitute
- Swords Dance

Mareep @ Eviolite
Ability: Static
EVs: 236 HP / 196 Def / 76 SpD
Bold Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt

Last edited:
Hi there Little Cup Masteh and welcome to LC! If you have any question feel free to ask me or ask in the LC room on the Showdown simulator. Anyways, your team is a nice start for a beginner since Zigzagoon is a nice Pokémon to use to explore more about the metagames; however, I'll be giving you some suggestions that will hopefully improve your team a little bit, and it's worth noting that these suggestions are made so that they allow Zigzagoon have an easier time setting up Belly Drum and late game clean:

First of all I suggest using Stunky over Grimer, because Stunky is considered one of the best teammates that can be used along with Zigzagoon for mainly two reasons: the first is that it can trap Ghost-types that are immune to Zigzagoon's Extremespeed by using Pursuit as well as Focus Sash Abra which can revenge kill Zigzagoon if its Sash is still intact, the second reason is that Stunky has the ability to use Memento which can be very helpful for Zigzagoon and allows it to set up Belly Drum safely, here is the set:

Stunky @ Eviolite
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 172 HP / 12 Atk / 60 Def / 244 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Memento
- Taunt / Fire Blast

Secondly, it would be better to use Fletchling over Hoppip because it's a way more reliable Acrobatics user which has a +1 priority thanks to Gale Wings, has an arguably better typing, better Attack stat, and access to U-turn which can be used to gain momentum, and Fletchling is a cool Zigzagoon teammate for its ability to deal with Fighting-types that threaten Zigzagoon from setting up such as Timburr and the bulky variants of Mienfoo, here is the set:

Fletchling
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 156 HP / 200 Atk / 92 Def / 40 SpA / 20 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Acrobatics
- U-turn
- Roost
- Overheat <- Overheat is used to surprise Ferroseed and Pawniard to a lesser extent which are both two Pokémon that can take an Extremespeed from Zigzagoon.

Thirdly I suggest using Cottonee over Mareep for its ability to use a priority Memento thanks to Prankster and also cripple stuff such as Tirtouga and use Knock Off to allow Zigzagoon to secure some OHKOs, and trust me Memento is way better and more reliable than double screens because it's easier to setup and you can benefit from it instantly after using it, just wait for the right occasion, here is the set:

Cottonee @ Eviolite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 116 HP / 196 Def / 196 SpD
Bold Nature
- Encore
- Memento
- Knock Off
- Giga Drain / Dazzling Gleam

Lastly I suggest using Gothita over Slowpoke because Gothita can trap some Pokémon that are considered annoying for Zigzagoon and that stop it from sweeping such Archen, Tirtouga, and Ferroseed and threaten them with Thunderbolt, Energy Ball, and Hidden Power Fire respectively or it can cripple some stallish mons such as Ferroseed and Spritzee by Tricking its Choice Scarf into them, here is the set:

Gothita @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 36 Def / 236 SpA / 236 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Energy Ball
- Trick / Hidden Power Fire
If you use HP Fire then change the EV spread to 240 SpA / 240 Spe

So yeah that's all I can say about your team, there are more things that can be changed about it (something over Ekans) but I'll let someone else suggest someone over it. I hope I helped you and lit some few candles in your road to become the Little Cup Masteh!

fran17

(1999)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hi Little Cup Masteh , nice team you've got there. With the Yagura's change your team looks having 2 problems: the first is that you don't have a Stealth Rock user, and the second is that your team is weak to Fletchling, especially if paired with Diglett because it can trap Ekans, the only thing that can switch into Fletch's attacks. For solving this put Archen over Fletchling, Archen gives you rocks support and it's a solid Fletch checks especially because it isn't trapped by Diglett. I'll leave you the set here n_n
Archen @ Berry Juice
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 180 Atk / 76 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Acrobatics
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Ok guys ill try those both. I havent used Archen before, but i have seen it used in other teams before, so i think that's good.

Another concern I have is that I might need a Defog or Rapid Spin user, and I've been seeing way too many pinecoes....exploding, stealth rocking, spiking pinecoes....-shudder-

Also, love ur icon fran.

haxiom edit:
Explosion....i rememember this one time when i was playing Red and I came across a glitc that turned my whole team into level 150+ exploding bulbasaurs....-double shudder-

Replay one: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/lc-241521511

Please don't double/triple post, or you may be infracted.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)