ORAS OU my offensive team (xzard+manaphy core)

my version of the xzard+manaphy for ou singles

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake

my main sweeper and core able to overcome many pokemon with great physical attack (not counting dance dragon) and clean the remainder of the enemy team and take care of annoying types plant and electrical enemy team that I can both get to annoy plus one other fire with earthquake

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Energy Ball
- Ice Beam
the right hand of charizard, so I chose the ability to cover the rock type, water, earth doing very good synergy with Xzard, to that you add your TD that makes it able to make 0HKO to neutral pokemon few defense or neutral charge or bulky resistant and have him the possibility of burning with scalding if withstand

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Toxic
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss
- Heal Bell

my great special wall and cleric thought of him as he needs someone who was able to withstand multiple attacks pokemon special attack that my team did not resist very well already be a Thundurus latias, Gardevoir, sloking, etc .. while he poisoned and also someone who cured states states to keep my active team

Latias @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish
- Defog

a great special attacker that covers me the struggles types and statistics a fairly high speed, but more importantly are 2 of the moves you can learn defog and heal bell, the first to remove the field those annoying traps rock, spikes, etc .. and the second to give a second chance to manaphy charizard if they are been very seriously wounded during the battle

Metagross @ Assault Vest
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Atk / 96 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Bullet Punch

I can say from metragross some of my pokemon favorite game, great physical attacker somewhat lacking in speed that if but has decent statistics bases hp and sufficient physical defense to withstand some bumps and my killer types, fairy, ice, wrestling and some another ghost type advantage of the pursuit movement, plus a movement with priority to eliminate those faster you die nothing quedaro

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 68 Atk / 188 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Knock Off
- Superpower
- Hidden Power [Ice]

and the last and newest equipment is made been occupied by other pokemon as tyranitar or Scolipede looking for some way to take care of two pokemon that bother me much they are mega Sableye and jirachi I finally decided by Thundurus leaving a little aside a little jirachi but mega Sableye but does not hit Super eficas with no damage this is sufficient to remove it before a threat becomes and also has a movepool excellent layers of handle types, water, ghosts, flying, sinister and steel these last 2 mind but not so eficas fulfills its purpose

in conclusion it is not a perfect team but after many tests I think it's the best I can do with my little experience in competivo and after reading a lot in smogon seeing that change and now is giving me good results​

Hello nice team you have, i notice that bisharp can sweep threw your team setting up on latias and chanse and procced to sweeping the team with sucker punch. Life orb Sand rush Excadrill can also threaten to this team a lot as it can 2ko or oko everything on this team and is very hard to revenge kill due to its speed boost in the sand allowing it to outspeed everything. Other physical attackers like lopunny-mega can be threatening as it can 2ko everything on the team and is very hard to revenge kill and also charizard x can be threatening setting up on chansey proceeding to make a big dent in your team. This team is also lacking a stealth rocker which is very useful to help punish switches, put stuff in range for your mons, forcing your opponent to use a turn to get rid of the hazards etc. This team is also lacking speed control as the fastest mon is your thundurus at 353. I have a few recommendation to improve this team.

<
My first recommendation is to run Scarf Keldeo over Manaphy. This allows you to have a check to dark types while still being an offensive water type. I chose a scarf variant of keldeo to give speed control allowing your matchup versus other offense to be more solid and allowing revenge killing to be easier against fast mons like lopunny-mega, manetric-mega, scarf mons like excadrill, landorus and mons that have set up like charizard x, mega gyardos.

<
My next recommendation is to run Landorus-therian over chansey. Chansey is a huge momentum drain as it relies on recovery a lot meaning you lose momentum. Chansey is also very easy set up bait for mons like charizard x/gyardos-mega allowing them to clean your team. Landorus-therian gives you a check versus many physical attackers like excadrill, charizard x, lopunny-mega etc while also giving stealth rocks. Landorus-therian can also help you gain momentum u-turning on bulky grounds like hippowdown, garchomp, other landorus-therian allowing your offensive water type to come in freely or bulky waters like slowbro allowing thundurus to come in freely.

My next recommendation is to run a Grass knot over knock off and focus blast over superpower on thundurus. With grass knot on thundurus you can lure bulky ground types like quagsire and hippowdown which opens up for your charizard x to have an easier time sweeping. Without knock off you cant knock off chansey's eviolite however your two sweepers in keldeo and charizard x do not mind chansey as charizard x uses chansey as set up (but you risk getting statused by thunder wave/toxic)and keldeo can for chansey out with a secret sword. Since there were already 3 special attacking moves and no more knock off to lure chansey, focus blast was a better option allowing you to run max spa to hit as hard as possible on the special side.

Losing chansey means that you are weaker to special attackers like kyurem, manaphy, charizard y, thundurus, alakazam-mega etc. Kyurem-black can not come in on anything as everything on your team has a way to punish it, if it does get a free switch then you have a metagross which can pivit in on a ice beam and can threaten it with metor mash. and can be revenge killed with keldeo, manaphy can be dealt with by going to latias living any hit and proceeding to draco metor the manaphy making it less of a threat and can be revenged by thundurs if it does get out of hand. Charizard y can be dealt with your charizard x threatening it with dragon claw, thundurus' thunderbolt and latias being able to avoid the 2ko and 2koing back zard y with psyshock. Alakazam can be handled with av metagross being able to eat any hit then proceed to eliminate the alakzam with pursuit. Basically you lost a wall but with so much offensive prescience losing the wall is actually better for you to keep the momentum and you shouldn't be worrying about ''switching in'' as your suppose to be the one applying the pressure, as long as you have piviots and ways to prevent a certain mon from sweeping your team then you can deal with the threats your opponent may have.
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Standard keldeo set with hidden power electric to lure bulky water types like slowbro to weaken them for charizard x.

Latias @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish
- Defog

Metagross @ Assault Vest
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Bullet Punch

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Grass Knot
- Focus Blast

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Last edited:
Hello nice team you have, i notice that bisharp can sweep threw your team setting up on latias and chanse and procced to sweeping the team with sucker punch. Life orb Sand rush Excadrill can also threaten to this team a lot as it can 2ko or oko everything on this team and is very hard to revenge kill due to its speed boost in the sand allowing it to outspeed everything. Other physical attackers like lopunny-mega can be threatening as it can 2ko everything on the team and is very hard to revenge kill and also charizard x can be threatening setting up on chansey proceeding to make a big dent in your team. This team is also lacking a stealth rocker which is very useful to help punish switches, put stuff in range for your mons, forcing your opponent to use a turn to get rid of the hazards etc. This team is also lacking speed control as the fastest mon is your thundurus at 353. I have a few recommendation to improve this team.

<
My first recommendation is to run Scarf Keldeo over Manaphy. This allows you to have a check to dark types while still being an offensive water type. I chose a scarf variant of keldeo to give speed control allowing your matchup versus other offense to be more solid and allowing revenge killing to be easier against fast mons like lopunny-mega, manetric-mega, scarf mons like excadrill, landorus and mons that have set up like charizard x, mega gyardos.

<
My next recommendation is to run Landorus-therian over chansey. Chansey is a huge momentum drain as it relies on recovery a lot meaning you lose momentum. Chansey is also very easy set up bait for mons like charizard x/gyardos-mega allowing them to clean your team. Landorus-therian gives you a check versus many physical attackers like excadrill, charizard x, lopunny-mega etc while also giving stealth rocks. Landorus-therian can also help you gain momentum u-turning on bulky grounds like hippowdown, garchomp, other landorus-therian allowing your offensive water type to come in freely or bulky waters like slowbro allowing thundurus to come in freely.

My next recommendation is to run a Grass knot over knock off and focus blast over superpower on thundurus. With grass knot on thundurus you can lure bulky ground types like quagsire and hippowdown which opens up for your charizard x to have an easier time sweeping. Without knock off you cant knock off chansey's eviolite however your two sweepers in keldeo and charizard x do not mind chansey as charizard x uses chansey as set up and keldeo can secret sword chansey. Since there were already 3 special attacking moves and no more knock off to lure chansey, focus blast was a better option allowing you to run max spa to hit as hard as possible on the special side.

Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword

Standard keldeo set with hidden power electric to lure bulky water types like slowbro to weaken them for charizard x.

Latias @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish
- Defog

Metagross @ Assault Vest
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Bullet Punch

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Grass Knot
- Focus Blast

Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
thanks just change Chansey by Landorus occurred to me after writing the post right now would put it, that of kaldeo not I had happened although I clearly like both manaphy duo charizard but to make the most viable team'll have to change it to see such works thank you very much for your advice

then the team would look like this any more than you think if you could change something I'm open to any criticism, while I prove that this is the team with the new changes

Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword

Latias @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish
- Defog

Metagross @ Assault Vest
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Bullet Punch

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Grass Knot
- Focus Blast

Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)