SM OU My super OP OU team...

So i did this team and works pretty well, try it and tell me if you liked it and what should i change

lopunny-mega.gif

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Cute Charm
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Brutal Swing
- Ice Punch
- Fire Punch
I most times chose this first because it has good attack and speed
I always start with fake out so it can make sure you can kill target
Ice punch and Fire punch work well against weakness

greninja.gif

Greninja @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Gunk Shot
- Hydro Pump
- Extrasensory
I chose this one because it has the ability protean and that way it can be helpful against annoying pokemon
Also because his speed is good and special attack too
Tho because Gunk Shot deal with fairy pokemon and Extrasensory deals with Fighting and Grass/Poison pokemon

Mimikyu @ Life Orb
Ability: Disguise
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Drain Punch
When Mega lopunny has to much weakness against target pokemon i start with this one
Since it has Disguise you do Sword Dance in the first turn and then attack
Drain Punch is helpful since it deals with steel type and some poison ones

Scizor @ Life Orb
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Def
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- X-Scissor
- Brick Break
- Swords Dance
First turn Sword Dance, then attack
Bullet Punch and Bug Bite are more powered with his Technician ability
Bullet Punch deals with fast pokemon since it has fast priority

Serperior @ Lum Berry
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Water]
- Rest
- Dragon Pulse
With Contrary ability and Leaf storm is broke
Hidden Power deals with fire types
His Lum berry makes that when he rest he cures and watches out of poison

Rotom-Wash @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Shadow Ball
This is very helpful against some annoying ground and more type pokemon
Life Orb increases the attacks so that way is more stronger
Shadow ball is also helpful against some types

This is my showdown OU actually team and my first RMT, please rate in comments bellow, also tell me what to do better ^-^, also please comment so i can do better my team

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Cute Charm
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Brutal Swing
- Ice Punch
- Fire Punch

Greninja @ Choice Scarf
Hasty Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Gunk Shot
- Hydro Pump
- Extrasensory

Mimikyu @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Drain Punch

Scizor @ Life Orb
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Def
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- X-Scissor
- Brick Break
- Swords Dance

Serperior @ Lum Berry
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Water]
- Rest
- Dragon Pulse

Rotom-Wash @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Shadow Ball

Last edited by a moderator:

Gross Sweep

Plan Ahead
is a CAP Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Welcome to Smogon! I'm locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide in-depth descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and take a look at Team Showcase to see the level of detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions and I'll be happy to unlock this.

Edit: reopened

Last edited:
I'm not sure this team is what you've been playing with, a few of the descriptions are off.

Lopunny needs Return. This isn't really optional. The whole point of Lopunny is that Scrappy HJK + Return is at least neutral coverage against everything. You mention Fake Out but it's not on the set, and Fire Punch isn't really doing all that much for you. Remember that a super-effective Fire Punch does less damage than a neutral HJK due to STAB.

Protean-Scarf Gren is a pretty good mon, but the key advantage is that you're not locked into running Dark and Water. Try to be less predictable.
Gunk Shot + Low Kick + Spikes + Ice Beam is what I tend to run with a physical focus. Overall Gunk Shot and Spikes are all thats essential.

Mimikyu is okay, but due to its natural frailty, it's best to run a Z-Crystal so it can OHKO threats like Heatran. As it stands, you'll Drain Punch, do 90%, and then get splatted by whatever it clicks.

The first three make a solid offensive core, but the team kind of deteriorates after this. I wouldn't suggest running any of these mons in the OU metagame.

Scizor needs priority to function. It's just too slow to function as a SD sweeper without it, and Technician means BP does almost as much damage as Iron Head. Again, your description mentions Bug Bite and BP, but neither of them are on your set. Either way, this is too easy to wall in OU, with things like Heatran and Toxapex as heavily used mons.

I have to admit, restochesto Serp is pretty cute, but I don't think it's doing work in this metagame. Steels are common, and with HP Water you're not hitting that many threats. HP Ground would let you nuke Tran, but leave you vulnerable to Celesteela, and just etc. If you want to run Serp, SubSeed will serve you better, but overall there are just better threats.

This Rotom set makes no sense. I'd stick to smogon sets if you've not used a mon before.

Here's what I'd go for for a team using the same starting three mons:

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Ice Punch
- Power-Up Punch / Fake Out

Limber lets you switch in on thunder waves pre-mega. PUP and Fake Out are decent utility options, you can replace them with other coverage if you see fit. I quite like Sub or Drain Punch in that slot as well.

Mimikyu @ Ghostium Z
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Shadow Claw

Pretty standard set, Ghostium lets you not be hard walled or killed by various key meta threats.

Greninja @ Choice Scarf
Hasty Nature
- Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- U-turn
- Ice Beam

This team doesn't need low kick, so U-turn fits nicely. Also, never use 4 HP, having an even HP stat means you take more from Rocks, Toxic, etc.

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Nature's Madness
- Taunt
- Defog

This thing checks Greninja and means you don't just lose to webs. Misty Surge also helps with Mimikyu, as it can't be burned by a scald on its disguise.

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power Ice
- U-turn

This gives you a decent switch in to most physical threats, while letting you have rocks, decent pivot potential, and some powerful attacks. The speed creeps other Landorus, assuming they just copypasted the smogon set, meaning you'll win a HP Ice war.

Blacephalon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power Bug
- Trick

The team needs a wallbreaker, and trick-specs lets you mess up various stall mons. HP Bug is for dark types, Psyshock can be run if you'd prefer to counter Toxapex, but it leaves you very vulnerable to being Pursuit trapped.

I'm not sure this team is what you've been playing with, a few of the descriptions are off.

Lopunny needs Return. This isn't really optional. The whole point of Lopunny is that Scrappy HJK + Return is at least neutral coverage against everything. You mention Fake Out but it's not on the set, and Fire Punch isn't really doing all that much for you. Remember that a super-effective Fire Punch does less damage than a neutral HJK due to STAB.

Protean-Scarf Gren is a pretty good mon, but the key advantage is that you're not locked into running Dark and Water. Try to be less predictable.
Gunk Shot + Low Kick + Spikes + Ice Beam is what I tend to run with a physical focus. Overall Gunk Shot and Spikes are all thats essential.

Mimikyu is okay, but due to its natural frailty, it's best to run a Z-Crystal so it can OHKO threats like Heatran. As it stands, you'll Drain Punch, do 90%, and then get splatted by whatever it clicks.

The first three make a solid offensive core, but the team kind of deteriorates after this. I wouldn't suggest running any of these mons in the OU metagame.

Scizor needs priority to function. It's just too slow to function as a SD sweeper without it, and Technician means BP does almost as much damage as Iron Head. Again, your description mentions Bug Bite and BP, but neither of them are on your set. Either way, this is too easy to wall in OU, with things like Heatran and Toxapex as heavily used mons.

I have to admit, restochesto Serp is pretty cute, but I don't think it's doing work in this metagame. Steels are common, and with HP Water you're not hitting that many threats. HP Ground would let you nuke Tran, but leave you vulnerable to Celesteela, and just etc. If you want to run Serp, SubSeed will serve you better, but overall there are just better threats.

This Rotom set makes no sense. I'd stick to smogon sets if you've not used a mon before.

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Ice Punch

Limber lets you switch in on thunder waves pre-mega. PUP and Fake Out are decent utility options, you can replace them with other coverage if you see fit. I quite like Sub or Drain Punch in that slot as well.

Mimikyu @ Ghostium Z
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Shadow Claw

Pretty standard set, Ghostium lets you not be hard walled or killed by various key meta threats.

Greninja @ Choice Scarf
Hasty Nature
- Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- U-turn
- Ice Beam

This team doesn't need low kick, so U-turn fits nicely. Also, never use 4 HP, having an even HP stat means you take more from Rocks, Toxic, etc.

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Nature's Madness
- Taunt
- Defog

This thing checks Greninja and means you don't just lose to webs. Misty Surge also helps with Mimikyu, as it can't be burned by a scald on its disguise.

Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power Ice
- U-turn

This gives you a decent switch in to most physical threats, while letting you have rocks, decent pivot potential, and some powerful attacks. The speed creeps other Landorus, assuming they just copypasted the smogon set, meaning you'll win a HP Ice war.

Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power Bug
- Trick

The team needs a wallbreaker, and trick-specs lets you mess up various stall mons. HP Bug is for dark types, Psyshock can be run if you'd prefer to counter Toxapex, but it leaves you very vulnerable to being Pursuit trapped.
Ty for your comment, ill sure try that, also im kinda new for OU showdown teams so yeah i did my best on my team

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Ice Punch

Mimikyu @ Ghostium Z
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Shadow Claw

Greninja @ Choice Scarf
Hasty Nature
- Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- U-turn
- Ice Beam

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Nature's Madness
- Taunt
- Defog

Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power Ice
- U-turn

Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power Bug
- Trick

I love your team suggestions but I'm not the biggest fan of Mimikyu and Blacephalon. Do you think the team would work fine/any better with Icium Z Kyurem-Black or DragonDance Dragonium Z Zygarde (even tho it's not the best fit for fini)?

The trickiest part is actually replacing Blacephalon. Maybe Volcarona or Offensive Pivot Koko?

Yeah due to mimikyu's fairy stab ghost-spam isn't really something it benefits from. But you don't really want to double up on Z-moves. Something like LO Kyub could work, or specs Koko, etc.

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Ice Punch

Mimikyu @ Ghostium Z
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Shadow Claw

Greninja @ Choice Scarf
Hasty Nature
- Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- U-turn
- Ice Beam

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Nature's Madness
- Taunt
- Defog

Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power Ice
- U-turn

Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power Bug
- Trick

I like the team you made, but tapu fini i dont think its helpful, also i need a steel or poison for fairys

Toxapex also works as a defensive option if you're concerned about Fairys, but it leaves you very weak to hazards, particularly webs and aurora veil.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)