SM OU Necrozma is actually a good rocker

So I've been using this team in OU for a while now and would like some feedback.

Lead Necrozma outspeeds and OHKOs defensive Lando-T, and has a 94.5% chance to OHKO Toxapex. It also OHKOs Heatran and Tapu Koko and can live a Dark Pulse from Greninja and a Shadow Ball from Blacephalon. The idea is to lead Necrozma always (unless there's a M-Sableye) and if there's a Greninja or Blacephalon in front of you go Conk and if there's a Koko in front of you go Lando.

Conk is for Greninja, Koko, Magearna and Blacephalon. Magnezone is for Ferrothorn, Scizor and Celesteela but also for the Tapus and Mimikyu. Defensive Z-Landorus is there to get rid of Tangrowth, Venusaur, Bulu and Hawlucha.

M-Diancie is the team's sweeper and can either bust holes open mid-game or can Rock Polish in regular form on something like Koko, Hawlucha, scarf Lele, sacred sword Kartana, Latios or Zapdos.

The biggest threat to this team in all my playing with it is Lele and Lele-Megazam. Regular set up Gyarados can also be a problem. Rain and Trick Room are easy to beat with Conk and Substitute Magnezone.

Necrozma @ Expert Belt
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 140 HP / 252 SpA / 116 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Photon Geyser
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Knock Off

Magnezone @ Leftovers
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 116 HP / 252 SpA / 140 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Substitute

Greninja (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Extrasensory
- U-turn

Landorus-Therian @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Intimidate
Adamant Nature
- Fly
- Earthquake
- Rock Polish
- U-turn

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Rock Polish

Last edited:
So I tried this team, and found that although it was surprisingly effective, it suffered from a lack of speed control.
Then I replaced Greninja with a Scarf Tapu Bulu, and holy shit it did work.

So I tried this team, and found that although it was surprisingly effective, it suffered from a lack of speed control.
Then I replaced Greninja with a Scarf Tapu Bulu, and holy shit it did work.
Yeah Greninja has never been that solid on the team, did you just do standard scarf bulu?

Yeah. I also made Necrozma Mind Plate, as the Expert Belt didnt seem to nab any KOs, and it helped pressure Tangrowth.
It only has an 18% chance to OHKO defensive Landorus without expert belt whereas with the Expert Belt it kills 100% of the time. It also can't OHKO spdef Heatran without belt but has a 68% chance to with e-belt and the chance to OHKO Toxapex is also slightly lower with Mind Plate but pretty much the same

, so if you use Mind Plate/Twisted Spoon you should change Hidden Power Ice to Heat Wave since you'll just be Photon Geysering against Lando and Zygarde and then it gives you a way to take out Ferrothorn, Scizor and something to hit Celesteela

I'm gonna try out using the team with Twisted Spoon and Heat Wave and see how it does

Last edited:
V.2 of the team:

Necrozma @ Twisted Spoon
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 140 HP / 252 SpA / 116 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Photon Geyser
- Earth Power
- Heat Wave

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Ability: Iron Fist
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Knock Off

Magnezone @ Leftovers
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 116 HP / 252 SpA / 140 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Substitute

Tapu Bulu @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Horn Leech
- Zen Headbutt
- Superpower

Landorus-Therian @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Intimidate
Adamant Nature
- Fly
- Earthquake
- Rock Polish
- U-turn

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Rock Polish

It only has an 18% chance to OHKO defensive Landorus without expert belt whereas with the Expert Belt it kills 100% of the time. It also can't OHKO spdef Heatran without belt but has a 68% chance to with e-belt and the chance to OHKO Toxapex is also slightly lower with Mind Plate but pretty much the same

, so if you use Mind Plate/Twisted Spoon you should change Hidden Power Ice to Heat Wave since you'll just be Photon Geysering against Lando and Zygarde and then it gives you a way to take out Ferrothorn, Scizor and something to hit Celesteela

I'm gonna try out using the team with Twisted Spoon and Heat Wave and see how it does
Hmm. I thought I ran calcs on them, I must have used offensive sets by accident.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)