ORAS UU Need help with UU team!

This is my first UU team. I've tested it a little bit, and I want to get better at UU. I came here to find the flaws in my team. I was going for a HO team.

Arianna (Azelf) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion

I chose Azelf as my lead because of it's speed (which outspeeds a lot of the tier) and it's ability to suicide to take a good chunk of HP. It also puts rocks up and its Knock Off hits pesky ghosts types that predict the Explosion. As said before, Azelf is my suicide lead, able to set up and explode at will. Knock off is useful for any ghost or psychic types, while also being perfectly able to just get rid of an enemies item. Taunt is for when I predict set ups or spikes, as the rest of my team has no RS or Defog. Stealth rocks to get rid of sturdy and sashes and for the obvious other reason. And Explosion... Suicide.

Thor (Ampharos) (M) @ Ampharosite
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Volt Switch
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

I chose Mega Ampharos simply because of his bulk and his ability to be switched into a myriad of moves. I also chose him for his VoltTurn synergy with Mienshao. This Pokemon is my pivot. He eats up most physical attacks like a boss and can Volt Switch out easily. I chose dragon pulse because it can STAB and take out an opponents HP for a good amount. Volt Switch is for synergy with Mienshao and an easy exit. Rest is for HP regen, and sleep talk is for while he's taking his nap. I have also found out that Mega Ampharos does a bit to Mega Blastoise, and Mienshao takes the Ice Beams like a boss.

Ayane (Mienshao) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Poison Jab

I chose this Pokemon because of her synergy with Amphy (as mentioned before) and for it's beautiful hit-and-run that damages most of the unresisted tier. Believe it or not, Mienshao is my Wallbreaker. She can also be used for switching into attacks that I am certain won't kill her. HJK is a very strong but risky move with it's STAB and good coverage. Knock off is for Ghost and Psychic types, also damaging Pokemon that are reliant on their item. Poison jab is for the Fairy walls and also poisons.

Pinata...? (Sigilyph) (M) @ Flame Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 208 Def / 48 Spe
Bold Nature
- Cosmic Power
- Stored Power
- Roost
- Psycho Shift

Let's be honest here. Sigilyph is very strong in UU, even though it is NU. This Pokemon can stallbreak, clean up late game, and special sweep. I chose this Pokemon because of my own difficulty with facing it. For this team, I'm using it as a Stallbreaker, something my team needed. I also use it for any predicted status effects (very helpful for WoW). Cosmic Power allows it to gobble up most attacks, and Stored Power to deal some major damage. Roost for obvious HP regen and Psycho Shift is for status effect conversion.

Zira (Infernape) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Close Combat
- Grass Knot

I chose it because of it's great 104/104/108 spread and for it's fire typing. It's a mixed sweeper, with many good weapons in its arsenal. Nasty Plot is its main tool for sweeping. Fire Blast is there for the STAB and its ability to 2HKO the unresistant tier, not including special walls. To deal with these special walls, I have to sacrifice some defenses for the CC. Finally, Blastoise and other bulky water types often switched into Infernape, so I put a good grass type move AKA Grass Knot.

Feet (Dugtrio) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace
- Sucker Punch

I chose Dugtrio for its lack of feet helpful Arena Trap ability and its high speed. Band raises its crappy 80 Atk stat to a more useful purpose. This guy is my revenge killer and my late game clean up crew. EQ has some nice STAB and it has no risk of being switched into (if I use Arena Trap correctly). Stone Edge is for the types that EQ doesn't get. Sucker Punch prio can be very helpful when you're in trouble.

Attachments

Pretty solid team Shyhona, and I'm gonna have to really disagree with you Houndoomite, Entrainment Durant + Duggy is really gimicky lol and most people can see it coming from a mile away. Now onto my rate...

So when I skimmed through your team the first thing I noticed that should be changed is Scarf over Life Orb on Mienshao. You don't have a scarfer on your team right now and Scarf Mienshao really outclasses Life Orb in terms of revenge killing especially since you don't have fake out. Also Mienshao right now is probably one of the best scarfers in the tier, outspeeding nearly every single other relevant scarfer bar Infernape and the rare Scarf Raikou. Additionally, Reckless Mienshao does similar damage to Life Orb Mienshao so you won't be missing out too much on that.

Personally, I'm not a very big fan of Sigilyph mainly because it gets completely shut down by dark types as well as taunt if you get taunted early. I think that a good replacement for it would be CM Cresselia or Crocune. Cresselia is a very criminally underrated pokemon as of now with its monstrous bulk, allowing it to take nearly any hit, even from the almight Mega Lopunny which looks to be quite the threat to your team right now. I understand if you don't want to make this change, but I really think it would help you tackle some of the bigger threats in the meta as well as give you a win condition vs Stall. If you do choose to use CM Cress I highly suggest changing Ampharos to an Offensive Heal Bell set so that you can heal Cress in case it gets statused. Now Suicune is pretty self explanatory and common so I won't go into too much depth with it, just that it basically serves the samer purpose as Cress and gives you a nice water typing to add to your team. The main reason that I would add Suicune over Cress however is that it beats Hippowdon which is a pretty big defensive threat, walling your entire team bar +2 Infernape.

So last thing, if you do change to CM Cress you should really consider Toxic LO/Earth Plate Dugtrio so that you have an easier time beating Hippowdon since as I said before is a really big threat to you.

So that's everything I have to say haha. Hope I wasn't too confusing :/. Good Luck with your team in the future!

Whatever you do, do not use Durant, idk if he is a troll but please don't listen to that lol.

I really agree with Toenail's suggestion of CM Cresselia over Sigilyph. The offensive nature of this metagame means that Sigilyph will never find room to set up, and even if it does, you just get killed by the powerful super effective attacks of the tier such as Hydreigon's Dark Pulse, Krookodile's Knock Off, Mega Amph/Raikou's Thunderbolt, or you will just get phazed. Contrary to what you said, Sigilyph is not good in UU at all and there's a reason its usage puts it in NU and that it's not ranked viability-wise in UU. CM Reuniclus is another option you can do here, and with a simple set of CM/Recover/Psyshock/Focus Blast, with maximum investment in physical defense, you can do everything Sigilyph does except better. Cresselia is bulkier overall, but is shut down by Toxic (or does'nt have recovery if it uses Substitute), so you should pick between Reuniclus and Cresselia.

I also agree with Toenail that you should change Mienshao to Scarf. He listed all the reasons pretty well. Specifically, Scarf Mienshao can help revenge kill DD Zygarde and Haxorus which is a nasty problem for you if they manage to set up a +1.

I also don't quite agree with Dugtrio on your team. Duggy should be really only used when it's specifically meant to trap certain targets that trouble your team (for example, Dugtrio would commonly trap Mega Altaria counters like Jirachi). But on your team it just appears too situational, so I would outright replace Dugtrio with Krookodile. Choice Banded Krookodile is an excellent wall-breaker with its strong set of STAB moves and excellent utility in Knock Off and Pursuit. Your fourth moveslot can be filled with Superpower to nail Hydreigon (a common switchin to Krook) or Stone Edge to nail Crobat and Mega Aerodactyl. And a simple spread of 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe with a Jolly nature is great.

Finally, a small nitpick is that you've for 4 SpA EVs on Azelf when you're not running any special attacks. Just a really minor thing :] other than that, nice looking team and I hope I was able to help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)