ORAS OU New at this, but M-Swampert Squad!

Hey guys, I'm new to this whole rate my team thing, but I figured I would give it a try. I just made this team, and I really enjoy it. I haven't specialized the EV's on any of the 'mons though, bar Mew. I'd love any and all input you guys have to offer!
The Team:
Volcarona
Volcarona @ Life Orb
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk​
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain
- Bug Buzz​
Volcarona is my favorite bug type, and rightfully so. Quiver Dance allows Volcarona to be an absolute monster, both as a sweeper and as Bulky Special Defense mon. I don't have any calcs, but I do know that after one Quiver Dance fire blast KO's both Scizor and Ferrothorn in the rain, from experience. Giga Drain is for longevity, and Bug Buzz is another STAB move.

Azumarill
Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower​
I feel like this one is a really standard set to use. CB Azu revenge kills like no other, thanks to Huge Power. Waterfall and Play Rough are there for STAB, Aqua Jet is priority, and Superpower is a good coverage move for steel types that otherwise wall Azumarill.

Mega Swampert
Swampert @ Swampertite
Ability: Damp
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rain Dance
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch​
Good ole Anchor Arm is an absolute beast. Its poor speed is patched up with Rain Dance combined with Swift Swim, and it boosts the crap out of Waterfall. Earthquake hits everything but flying types and pokemon with Levitate, so Ice Punch is used to patch up that weakness.

Raikou
Raikou @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def​
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Extrasensory
- Thunderbolt​
I felt like a fast pokemon was really needed on this team, so I added Raikou. I was running Jolteon, but it doesn't have the bulk or firepower that Raikou has. HP Ice is there to take out Lando's that are silly enough to switch/stay in. Thunderbolt is great STAB. Volt Switch works well in conjunction with U-turn on Torn-T, and I had my choice of either Extrasensory or Shadow Ball. I like the flinch chance, so I went with Extrasensory.

Tornadus-Therian
Tornadus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- Heat Wave​
Yay, more fast pokemon. I really like Torn-T's ability to regenerate after every U-turn. It makes switching in while there's hazards a little less harmful. A mixed set is what I'm running, just because Torn-T has great coverage. Hurricane hits like a truck and, under the rain, never misses. Knock Off is essential for breaking down walls. Heat Wave is only there for coverage.

Mew
Mew @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Synchronize​
EVs: 240 HP / 12 Def / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk​
- Roost
- Stealth Rock
- Defog
- Psyshock​
I needed a decent wall and something that could provide some sort of hazard and hazard control. It's probably not quite orthodox to run both Stealth Rock and Defog on a pokemon, but this is my only way of getting it up and getting rid of it. Roost is for longevity and Psyshock is for Specially Defensive walls. The bad thing is Mew gets obliterated by dark types.

But, yeah, this is my Mega Swampert team. Let me know what changes I can make, I welcome all suggestions! Thanks guys!

P.S. Sorry about the lack of animations, I don't know how to do that yet.

Hey there really interesting team you got there! There some changes that need to happen if I were you like your Volcarona set here's the set I would recommend for you to use

Volcarona @ Lum Berry
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain
- Bug Buzz

Moving on, I kinda don't think you really need Mega Swampert. I would run Mega Scizor instead if I were you here is the set I would you

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 16 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn

Alright then on to your Raikou I would change it's item to choice Specs and torn-t's item to Assualt Vest. Then on to your mew I would run leftovers instead of rocky helmet.

Hope these changes help you :toast:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)