New Dex Up - Post Bugs Here

Hi! Our new dex is up. Check it out here: http://www.smogon.com/dex/

Post any bugs you find here. Make sure that what you post is a bug and not a complaint. Direct all actual complaints to user Birkal.

The dex is still in its preliminary stages, so many complaints you might have will likely be fixed in the near future. Make sure you read the FAQ on the first page before asking any questions. Thanks!

Reactions: Muk
There are no such things as hidden abilities on the dex. There are just abilities, and they are listed in alphabetical order... We don't care what order the game lists them in because it's not competitively relevant.
For Abilities, it actually is relevant which Ability is the Hidden one because there are incompatibilities with previous gens, like Poison Heal + Defog Gliscor. There's a second Abilities column anyway, might as well use it for something specific.

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Is there any way to edit dex data? I would assume not using the scms. There are several cases where a Pokemon's hidden ability is swapped with its original ability, or the first two abilities contain the hidden and the hidden is one of the originals. This probably is due to them being in alphabetical order. Can anybody but chaos alter the data? Cause otherwise we can get full list of these and fix them all at once.

P Squared

a great unrecorded history
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
cmon firecat, did you even take the Site Staff test

you can edit dex info here

but looking at the green boxes, it's pretty safe to say the abilities are automatically alphabetized (Rock Head --> Reckless in yaml, Reckless --> Rock Head on dex), so it's not something that you and I can change.

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Ok I was under the impression that column 2 of the dex is the "hidden ability" (which strangely for a majority of Pokemon it is), probably because the second column usually is centered vertically between the left column's two rows. Is there a way to make it so the row of the second column aligns with the first row of the left column? I currently read the abilities as

1. Adaptability
.........................3. Rock Head
2. Mold Breaker

Not

1. Adaptability
..........................2. Rock Head
3. Mold Breaker

Silvally cannot learn the following:

- Frenzy Plant
- Hydro Cannon
- Blast Burn

However, it does learn:

- Grass Pledge

It was coded in the game that Silvally would be able to learn Fire Pledge, Water Pledge, and Grass Pledge, but because of a programming error, it only learns Grass Pledge. Where's our USUM Update?

The dex no longer displays properly on iOS 8. It works on iOS 9 and up though. I recall it worked on iOS 8 some months ago. Could this be fixed please?

Yes, I still like to keep a phone with iOS 8. For various reasons.

New Bug detected on mobile live search! Sometimes after performing a search inside Dex on mobile browser the whole design become crazy when you access the result.
The attachment shows a Tangela search under sun/moon. This is a intermitent behavior, looks like some CSS related issue.

Screenshot_20190929-210249_Chrome.jpg

UPDATE: the bug occurs when there are many results on search, to almost fill the page. Ie, if you want to search for pikachu, you type "pi" and it shows every pokemon or move that starts with "pi" filling almost the entire search result with items... this triggers the error when you click one of the results. If you continue typing "pik" the the result list shrink to few lines, then the bug doesn't happens. Just portrait mode is affected.

Last edited:
New Bug detected on mobile live search! Sometimes after performing a search inside Dex on mobile browser the whole design become crazy when you access the result.
The attachment shows a Tangela search under sun/moon. This is a intermitent behavior, looks like some CSS related issue.

View attachment 197395
UPDATE: the bug occurs when there are many results on search, to almost fill the page. Ie, if you want to search for pikachu, you type "pi" and it shows every pokemon or move that starts with "pi" filling almost the entire search result with items... this triggers the error when you click one of the results. If you continue typing "pik" the the result list shrink to few lines, then the bug doesn't happens. Just portrait mode is affected.
I've found a solution, I don't know if is here the best place to post it, but the issue concerns the height attribute of the header, that is fixed in 100% to occupy the entire screen during the live search, but causes the design crash. I was able to correct it just typing inline style setting it to 'auto' on console. Just simple as that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)