ORAS LC New to competitive Pokemon, Looking for suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am completely new to the competitive scene, and to be honest I didn't really know what I was doing with this team beside going off of what Smogon had suggested would work well with the Mienfoo I chose first. This team has worked well in the first two battles I have played so far, but that doesn't mean too much on the lower ladder haha. Any and all suggestions appreciated

Paras @ Eviolite
Ability: Dry Skin
Level: 5
EVs: 76 HP / 36 Atk / 236 Def / 156 SpD / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spore
- Knock Off
- Aromatherapy
- Synthesis

Archen @ Berry Juice
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 76 HP / 180 Atk / 56 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Chinchou @ Eviolite
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 76 HP / 212 Def / 152 SpA / 68 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt

Mienfoo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 236 HP / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- U-turn

Vullaby (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 116 HP / 76 Atk / 236 Def / 80 Spe
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Knock Off
- Brave Bird
- Defog

Ponyta @ Eviolite
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 236 Def / 76 SpA / 196 SpD
- Sunny Day
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Morning Sun

Last edited:

fran17

(1999)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hello Mizen, your rmt isn't allowed by the rules and guidelines of the RMT section of smogon, thus you should add a short 3 lines description for each Pokemon before it gets locked n_n.
By the way talking about your team your Paras set is pretty bad so I suggest you to change it to Spore | Seed Bomb | X-Scissor/Knock Off | Synthesis with an EVs spread of 76 HP / 36 Atk / 236 Def / 156 SpD alongside an Impish Nature or change it with Foongus as it can do the same job as a spore user but it has a better typing and access to regenerator. I noticed that your team lacks of rocks, that can be really useful especially againist SturdyJuice users, so you should go for Stealth Rock over U-Turn on Archen, this will give you less momentum but will be more useful through the games. For Chinchou a BJ set over the one you've now will allow to have a form of recovery and more longevity for the game. On Mienfoo the only suggestion I've is to run Stone Edge over Drain Punch, this will allow you to hit some counters as Ponyta and Larvesta, also you can run Reckless over Regenerator as the ability because it can make you hit harder with High Jump Kick. On Vullaby a spread of 116 HP / 236 Def / 156 SpDef will allow you to take hits better and avoid 2HKO from Abra's Dazzling Gleam. On Ponyta you don't have the nature so you should run Timid/Bold on it.
That's all I hope i was helpful n_n!

Foongus @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 124 HP / 160 Def / 160 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power Fighting / Stun Spore

if you switch foongus for paras you'll have to run this set :)

Chinchou @ Berry Juice
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 76 HP / 212 Def / 152 SpA / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Heal Bell / Thunder Wave
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Last edited:

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
The only reason why I'm not deleting this is because someone posted a comprehensive rate.
PM me your RMT with descriptions respecting the rules, and I'll unlock it.

Have a nice day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)