New to the forums. Looking For Help to improve my team. Thanks! :)

Ok so this is my first post and I am looking forward on input for my team here. The main focus is for Charizard sweeps and my rating has been hovering around the 1500s, if that helps. Lovin Gen 6 and thanks in advance for the help

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
I pretty much always lead with greninja, and i must say it works relatively well. With a 122 base speed i believe he outspeeds many threats and has good power thanks to protean. HP fire is perfect with protean as it mitigates the nerf and deals with Skarmory and Ferrothorn nicely. U-turn keeps up momentum and creates a good volt-turn tandem with heliolisk.

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Brick Break
- Dragon Claw
- Dragon Dance
The main man, the reason i made this team. Mega Charizard X hits like a truck and it ain't no slouch at a base 100 speed either. Fire/Dragon STAB is great coverage and with tough claws boost not much can stand it. I went with brick break over earthquake because of same base power after tough claws and BB hits T-tar harder. When pokebank is released thunderpunch may be a better option for azumarill. After playing a while with this team i also find many opportunities to set up dragon dance especially on the turn of Mega-Evolving. Also considering Adamant, although i think tough claws mitigates the need for it.

Scizor @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 152 Atk / 108 Def
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- Defog
- U-turn
This bulky Scizor set has done wonders for me. The buff to defog makes it arguably better than rapid spin and scizor is a great user of it. Defog is necessary to keep charizard out of rocks damage of course. Bullet punch deals with fairies nicely and is an essential on any scizor set. U-turn is great as usually scizor will eat the hit first and wont be bothered to much thanks to his bulk and allows me respond however necessary. Roost is kinda suspect here as i havent really had to use it much, also not sure about EVs either as i made them up myself so i could use help there.

Heliolisk @ Choice Specs
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Surf
- Grass Knot
- Hidden Power [Ice]
Heliolisk works pretty similar to Rotom-W except with a water immunity instead. I like the speedy volt-turn synergy he has with greninja and the water immunity also works well with Gliscor. Most of the time im using either volt switch or surf, occasionly there is a situation with HP Ice is necessary and i dont believe i have ever used grass knot so i am not too sure on its uses and if there are better options.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 248 Def / 16 Spd
Impish Nature
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Protect
Gliscor and Florges are a nice little defensive core I've been using and i believe compliment each other well. Pretty Gliscor walls many physical threats like excadrill, lucario, and when needed dragons. Toxic helps in dealing with things i dont have a solid answer for, especially talonflame who i struggle with a lot. Earthquake and Ice Fang have provided me with good enough coverage as earthquake hits anything that doen't resist it hard and ice fang fends off pesky dragons.

Florges @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Aromatherapy
- Protect
- Moonblast

Florges is a great special wall and cleric that i believe rivals blissey. It has better attacking power and a better typing. Moonblast is really all i ever need as it destroys dragons and has good neutral coverage. Initially i had Sylveon in this spot, but florges does the same role with better stats besides HP, which i find unfortunate.

Last edited:
I'd recommend putting in Roost on Gliscor for Ice Fang if you want to stall with it. Florges is already there for dragons, so it doesn't seem you need it. I've never ran a set with Ice Fang before, so I can't really put input on that. This team has some great switching synergy and nothing else really stands out that needs fixing.

I'd recommend putting in Roost on Gliscor for Ice Fang if you want to stall with it. Florges is already there for dragons, so it doesn't seem you need it. I've never ran a set with Ice Fang before, so I can't really put input on that. This team has some great switching synergy and nothing else really stands out that needs fixing.
thanks for the input ill try out roost, although some of the physical dragons are pretty scary for florges unless they're locked in to outrage.

I also am running into problems with boosting sweepers and am wondering if i could fit any phazing in anywhere.

My personal favorite phazer is

Vaporeon @ leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Scald
- Roar

You could probably use that instead of the Heliolisk, I'm not sure if that makes any obvious holes in your team that I'm not noticing. It might be a little redundant with Rotom-W though...

I really like the team though, I might try out Gliscor + Florges as a defensive core on a team, looks solid.

My personal favorite phazer is

Vaporeon @ leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Scald
- Roar

You could probably use that instead of the Heliolisk, I'm not sure if that makes any obvious holes in your team that I'm not noticing. It might be a little redundant with Rotom-W though...

I really like the team though, I might try out Gliscor + Florges as a defensive core on a team, looks solid.
thanks yea the team has been working really well, especially florges + gliscor. I found i actually didnt have much need for a phazer i think it was more of early team jitters as this team has now gone something like 53-22 since the original thread post. Also gliscor with roost was a better option and i find that with it gliscor checks or counters many of the new top threats including klefki, scizor, talonflame, and aegislash(hard).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)