NFEs in UU

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
@ PK Why are you pointing to an ADV thread?? I wouldn't say Manectric has better coverage, it's about the same. Manectric is walled by Chansey unless you Trick it, and I'd much rather Trick using SpecsLatias knowing ScarfTar is out before I Trick using Manectric.

DarkSlay

Guess who's back? Na na na! *breakdances*
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Hey guys! Just wanted to post that both Machoke and Murkrow now have official analysis on-site! They were both just approved and uploaded. Here are the links:

Machoke (Written and created by me!): http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/machoke
Murkrow: http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/murkrow

This is a pretty big step for NFE Pokemon in UU. What do you guys think about the newest additions to the on-site analysis section? What will be next to get the chance to have its own analysis?

On a similar subject, Monferno is up for C&C as well. All it needs are GP checks, and it will be on-site. Make sure you guys support it!

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71791

@ shrang: I actually was planning on updating this post with your Shelgon analysis, since it's pretty much one step away from getting uploaded. Monferno hasn't gotten a lot of love in C&C in a while. :( The analysis looks great, though!

That is great! it look like all the weeks i used monferno finally paid off. i am gonna check right now to see how its going.

I'm disappointed Surskit is not listed in the OP.

It is obviously quite different from its evo, and STAB Hydro Pump in the rain + Swift Swim makes it a formidable opponent for many teams not prepared to face it. Its unique typing also offers resistance to the infamous ground + ice combination, a feat no other Pokemon can boast with typing alone. In fact, a good use of Surskit would be to use Shed Shell Registeel to set up rain as Dugtrio comes in. You can switch to Surskit as it EQs you, which, thanks to Surskit's amazing typing and decent 32 base defense, will only manage 81.4% - 96.4% on you with Life Orb. You can then LO Hydro Pump it for 292.5% - 345.3%, instantly killing the motherf-

Anyway.

I'm thinking about testing BUpassing with Floatzel to DDnair. Dragonair resists both of Floatzel's weaknesses and the defense boost would help Dragonair take Sceptile's Leaf Blade and random Aqua Jets. 1 BU + 1 DD lets Dragonair wreak havoc on a large portion of the metagame. The problem, of course lies in that both Floatzel and Dragonair are horrendously frail, and that Floatzel's counters generally shat on Dragonair as well (bulky waters/grasses), so it may not pull off that crucial Dragon Dance :(

If it does though, though:
+2 LO Jolly Dragonair Outrage vs max/max+ Venusaur: 84.1% - 99.2%
+2 LO Jolly Dragonair Outrage vs max/max+ Milotic: 80.2% - 94.7%
+1 LO Jolly Dragonair Outrage vs 120/152 Arcanine: 97.4% - 114.8%

+2 LO Jolly Dragonair Extremespeed vs 0/0 Sceptile: 94.7% - 111.7%
+2 LO Jolly Dragonair Extremespeed vs 0/0 Ambipom: 81.4% - 95.9%
+2 LO Jolly Dragonair Extremespeed vs 0/0 Ambipom: 57.9% - 68.4%

Obviously, you still need stuff like Registeel and Ice Sharders out of the way. Oh, and Surskit in the rain completely counters Dragonair with Ice Beam too :(

I doubt it'll work, since they both have the bulkiness of wet cardboard, but it looks okay on paper... Any thoughts?

It is obviously quite different from its evo, and STAB Hydro Pump in the rain + Swift Swim makes it a formidable opponent for many teams not prepared to face it. Its unique typing also offers resistance to the infamous ground + ice combination, a feat no other Pokemon can boast with typing alone. In fact, a good use of Surskit would be to use Shed Shell Registeel to set up rain as Dugtrio comes in. You can switch to Surskit as it EQs you, which, thanks to Surskit's amazing typing and decent 32 base defense, will only manage 81.4% - 96.4% on you with Life Orb. You can then LO Hydro Pump it for 292.5% - 345.3%, instantly killing the motherf-
I'm sorry, but using Surskit is a terrible, terrible idea. first of all, 32 Base defence is not "decent" by any stretch of the imagination, even in LC. its sole purpose, using STAB Hydro Pump and Swift Swim, can be done x100 times better by any number of SS Pokemon, with better stats all around. Taking 96.4% from Dugtrio as it switches in is not a "selling point" either, as it it automatically KO'ed if there are entry hazzards, and Duggy can just Sucker Punch (Which nearly all Dugtrio run), to bypass the Speed and KO. I could go on, and on....

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Surskit would be nice if it had an evolution, but no I'm not mentioning in the OP for obvious reasons. If Surskit goes up, I might as put in Rattata as well.

Murkrow is my favorite NFE that I've used. it generically punches holes all through a team, with STAB Sucker Punch and the trolly good 91 base speed. he's not nearly reliable as the tear inducing Honchkrow, but that neat speed stat certainly works in his favor.

Murkrow is my favorite NFE that I've used. it generically punches holes all through a team, with STAB Sucker Punch and the trolly good 91 base speed. he's not nearly reliable as the tear inducing Honchkrow, but that neat speed stat certainly works in his favor.
I like Murkrow too, but trust me, Murkrow is nowhere as good as most mix/physical sweeper, even with that impressive 91 base speed. The lack of Superpower just brings it down.

yond

mitt game strong
is a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I think we are all forgetting the once loved bug in a shell known as Kakuna. CB Kakuna, having a new move in Bug Bite, can now 43HKO the feared Steelix. This is fairly incredible, if I do say so myself. Kakuna can also take on a different approach and support the team as a wall, using the move Harden. At +6 Def, Kakuna is, once again, a feared wall indeed.
Why do you have to troll? Its unnecessary.

Anyways the pokemon I've been trolling(lol^) with is DD Dragonair which is really been a fantastic pokemon for me. Its already exceeded altaria for me because of its higher attack stat(14 base power more!) and its much more vast offensive movepool, waterfall -->espeed<---!!

I like Murkrow too, but trust me, Murkrow is nowhere as good as most mix/physical sweeper, even with that impressive 91 base speed. The lack of Superpower just brings it down.
yeah. I don't really use it for sweeping purposes, more of just a "come in on Venusaur's Sleep Powder and start firing off Brave Birds" hole puncher. it either busts through a wall or dents enough Pokes that some other 'Mon can jump in and stat up+sweep.
I think the Kakuna comment was just mocking Surskit, as Surskit is fucking worthless.

I'm sorry, but using Surskit is a terrible, terrible idea. first of all, 32 Base defence is not "decent" by any stretch of the imagination, even in LC. its sole purpose, using STAB Hydro Pump and Swift Swim, can be done x100 times better by any number of SS Pokemon, with better stats all around. Taking 96.4% from Dugtrio as it switches in is not a "selling point" either, as it it automatically KO'ed if there are entry hazzards, and Duggy can just Sucker Punch (Which nearly all Dugtrio run), to bypass the Speed and KO. I could go on, and on....
Surskit would be nice if it had an evolution, but no I'm not mentioning in the OP for obvious reasons. If Surskit goes up, I might as put in Rattata as well.
I guess sarcasm doesn't fly on the internet -_______-

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
humm....you do know buzz can be mixed right? his atack is not freaking low by any means, he got WAY better coverage the manetric(eletric, fire, ice and a bonus of fighting too) and is not walled to death by chansey thanks to cross chop. in a pure special set manetric would be better but for anything else i would run buzz any day of the week.

Nice try but Mixed Buzz sucks. 83 base attack IS low, no way around that.
Also Electbuzz IS walled by Chansey.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59623

Look, even LR has something to say about Electbuzz weak attacking stats. This calc specifically interests me:

Thunderpunch vs 0/252 Chansey: 39.78 - 46.96%
Physical sweepers should not be walled by Chansey.
Electbuzz needs some attack investments before it can get past Chansey with Cross Chop.

Electbuzz doesn't even learn any special fire moves for that matter, (just a weakass fire punch) and is stuck with HP ice / Electric / weak Cross Chop for coverage. Manectric has the much stronger Flamethrower, can opt for HP grass and has stronger STAB electric. I'm sorry but Electbuzz just isn't that good in UU. Sure it may not be *outclassed* by Manectrick but it doesn't really offer anything special like the other NFE's.

@ PK Why are you pointing to an ADV thread?? I wouldn't say Manectric has better coverage, it's about the same. Manectric is walled by Chansey unless you Trick it, and I'd much rather Trick using SpecsLatias knowing ScarfTar is out before I Trick using Manectric.
I just found it ironic, maybe in gen 5 Electbuzz will overtake Manectric possibly?

Also tricking with Manectric is pretty pointless unless you know the opponent has Chansey. (due to it's rarity) you really want that raw power.

actually after some testing i would rather run mix raichu over manetric and buzz. volt tackle+grass knot cover all water types in UU. and you got brick break(or focus punch+sub) for chansey when you dont want to use volt tackle, 2hkoing chansey. hp ice too...yeah i could run pikachu instead with literally the same set but slower and less bulky(though it does come with light ball...).

On the subject of Electabuzz, is it's counterpart Magmar not much better suited to mixed attacking? More balanced Attacking stats (95/100) at the cost of more Spe (93 is still pretty good for UU), higher Base Power STAB moves in Overheat (Special) or Flare Blitz (Physical), Cross Chop, etc. Seems better suited to the job imo.

I would love for these two to be viable in UU, they are such cool Pokes.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
actually after some testing i would rather run mix raichu over manetric and buzz. volt tackle+grass knot cover all water types in UU. and you got brick break(or focus punch+sub) for chansey when you dont want to use volt tackle, 2hkoing chansey. hp ice too...yeah i could run pikachu instead with literally the same set but slower and less bulky(though it does come with light ball...).

I honestly didn't want to say this, but yeah MixChu would do better (from either chu's but Raichu is preferable)

On the subject of Electabuzz, is it's counterpart Magmar not much better suited to mixed attacking? More balanced Attacking stats (95/100) at the cost of more Spe (93 is still pretty good for UU), higher Base Power STAB moves in Overheat (Special) or Flare Blitz (Physical), Cross Chop, etc. Seems better suited to the job imo.

I would love for these two to be viable in UU, they are such cool Pokes.

Hmm, that speed allows to do... what exactly? I mean base 93 allows you to outspeed Moltres the only base 90 in the tier, while you miss out on that insane power + thunderbolt. IDK to be honest because I've never even used Magmar but often times I'd run Magmortar over it.

same here, i used both magmar and magmortar in the past and the speed was never useful, moltres were either defensive or scarfed, all who magmortar can beat thanks to base 95 special defense what allow to survive air slash after SR. magmar on the othe hand is ohkoed outright. the only reason to run magmar over magmortar would be a pure physical set(both mags got base 95 atack but magmar is faster) and even there i got my doubts has i often find the extra defenses more important then 20 speed points.

Anyway.

I'm thinking about testing BUpassing with Floatzel to DDnair. Dragonair resists both of Floatzel's weaknesses and the defense boost would help Dragonair take Sceptile's Leaf Blade and random Aqua Jets. 1 BU + 1 DD lets Dragonair wreak havoc on a large portion of the metagame. The problem, of course lies in that both Floatzel and Dragonair are horrendously frail, and that Floatzel's counters generally shat on Dragonair as well (bulky waters/grasses), so it may not pull off that crucial Dragon Dance :(

If it does though, though:
+2 LO Jolly Dragonair Outrage vs max/max+ Venusaur: 84.1% - 99.2%
+2 LO Jolly Dragonair Outrage vs max/max+ Milotic: 80.2% - 94.7%
+1 LO Jolly Dragonair Outrage vs 120/152 Arcanine: 97.4% - 114.8%

+2 LO Jolly Dragonair Extremespeed vs 0/0 Sceptile: 94.7% - 111.7%
+2 LO Jolly Dragonair Extremespeed vs 0/0 Ambipom: 81.4% - 95.9%
+2 LO Jolly Dragonair Extremespeed vs 0/0 Ambipom: 57.9% - 68.4%

Obviously, you still need stuff like Registeel and Ice Sharders out of the way. Oh, and Surskit in the rain completely counters Dragonair with Ice Beam too :(

I doubt it'll work, since they both have the bulkiness of wet cardboard, but it looks okay on paper... Any thoughts?
Why Dragonair? Gabite has both better attack and speed, with the similar bulk Dragonair has.

Iv used the anti-lead sneasel to quite some effect along with gligar who is very effective if, like big brother, used well. murkrow & especially piloswine can b great too with th correct support. An old fav of mine which i hav used many times long ago in th past too with great success is SD totodile in a trickroom. its poor speed naturally lends itself to that situation & with its poor defenses, (but equipped with a sash) th torrent boost is easily achieved & abused. i like th NP monferno; kudos to whoever thought that 1 up. =)

It is unfortunate that Magic Coat is not on Tentacool like it should be as Tenta could totally make Venusaur/ Milo his bitch. Ideally using a set of...

Tentacool (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 HP/4 Spd/252 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin
- Magic Coat
- Toxic Spikes
---

Tenta could bait Venu in with Toxic Spikes and use Magic Coat to make Venu eat his own dust. Milo is free setups for him and Venu will incapacitate himself. Sounds like a winning situation to me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)