ORAS UU Nices Wölkchen (Cm Pass Pseudo Rain)

Hello Smogon Community!

Im back again, finnally my tourban is over and after 6 months of on/off activity on showdown i decided to ladder again. I laddered a lot in early oras, but then it got stale and stall is fkn stupid especially in higher ladder so i quit it but now due to my wisdom teeth being removed i was forced to stay in bed for a couple of days so i wanted to build something fun. Being able to win games was top priority tho, because im kinda known for bringing stupid heat(just ask my german friends lol). I wanted to find a middleground of a fun but also highly competetive team so i went out of my way to build this squad. Because of my inactivity, i also just recently found out that sylveon dropped to uu and i was like wtf, lets abuse it :] So my team revolves around it. I put a lot of effort into buildung this team, because im a very passionate teambuilder. So today i wanna showcase, what i came up with!

(Shoutouts to DnB for the banner)

Teambuilding process:​

First of all i wanted to build around this broken piece of shit, like what the actual fuck switches into specs besides Empoleon/Blissey. This mon is such a nice addition to bulky balance because of its pure fairy typing, allowing it to check dragonspam and due to its ridicoulus special attack even uninvested it becomes a non passive wall. Originally wanted to use specs, but then i opted for a calm mind baton pass version, because it can not only weaken steel types but also batonpass out of them and support other teammembers with important boosts.

Reuniclus was my next pick on the team. I wanted a good recipient for the boosts and thought that reuniclus would fit since sylveon can weaken stuff like doublade and get rid of dark types like Sableye/Mandibuzz for Reuniclus. Reuniclus is so annoying to deal with thnx to magic guard and it acts as my main wincon most of the time.

Hydreigon is such a nice partner for these two above because they dont like stuff like Chandelure. It also acts as a Crawdaunt check altough Sylveon can eat a crabhammer if not boosted. Hydreigon is also another recipient for the cm pass. Originally being scarf to act as a lategmae cleaner, but then changed it to Life Orb 3 attcks roost, because my pursuit trapper doenst deal with chandelure(im coming to that later) so i needed a sturdy switchin and roost LO allowed me to do so.

Next, i wanted a rocker wich also deals with opposing specs Sylveon or fairys in generall since my Hydreigon doesnt appreciate them. Bronzong came to mind because it can beat litterally any calm mind fairy and also improves my Aero and Nidoking matchup since flametrhower nido is kinda uncommon. Its also a rocksetter wich beats potential Forretres because of a possible hp fire. Heavy slam was my main way of hitting fairys because of gyro balls ass pp and to round it up i added toxic because bulky waters like to switch in this.

I noticed that i still had not used up my megaspot so i added Mega Swampert. Its a nice lategame cleaner with raindance and can punch some holes early game into some balance builds. Offense gets completely dominated by this because its way to bulky and can tank every hit and retaliate or it can straight up sweep with raindance since everythings so frail on offense. Its also my Entei answer LOL

I basically wanted a sweeper wich can be baton passed into the most common steel types. Kingdra came to mind because its a steel resist wich can be helpful if i want to get out of a steel type with sylveon. The idea was basically to Calm mind with sylveon while my opponent switches into steeltype. Either calm mind again or baton pass onto their steel move into LO Agility Kingdra and punch holes into opponents team or sweep from there. I had Hydropump/Icebeam/Dragonpulse Agilty. And with swift swim i can potentially setup a rain dance with Swampert just so he can abuse.

Soooo... after a lot of testing i noticed that Kingdra might be bad on that team because it cant beat some of the common Sylveon switchins even after a calm mind boost. Empoleon and Blissey where annoying, but i could also pass into Reuniclus onto them but it is already pressured as it is, because it has to fullfill so many roles on the team, so tried out Tornadus. Its much faster than Kingdra and has acces to LO superpower wich destroys Blissey and Empoleon on the switchin. LO Hurricane is a nuke and it kinda checks Shaymin wich can potentially get annoying.

I was missing defog on the team, because hazard stuck was annyoying as fuck. Tspikes wear down my Sylveon and Swampert. 2 crucial team members so i replaced Tornadus with Crobat. Originally just a standard black sludge bulky set but i was missing a little bit of offensive pressure, so i made it sky plate with Brave bird/ Roost / Defog/ Uturn. Simply max attack max speed. Another thing why i added crobat was because of Mega Beedril. It preety much destroys my entire team as of this point lol, so i added it as check.

I was very happy with the team at the end but then i noticed that Beedril can still preety easily win against me because Cobat switches into it just to get uturned on wich annoyed me since i basically relied on stealth rocks or Sylveons hypervoice on the switch to wear it down. I made 3 changes overall and i think they are reasonable. I added Escavalier to pursuit trap beedril so it doesnt uturn all over my face anymore lol, i added Tornadus back to the team because i missed its balance breaking potential and added Stealth rocks to Swampert.

Overall im very happy with the final team. The Crobat Bronzong version is also very usable because it still has the defog support so its just up to you wich one you prefer :]
This was the teambuildung process, now onto an indepth explanation of all the sets!

-I N D E P T H-

Sylveon @ Leftovers | Bold Nature
Ability: Pixilate | EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD | IVs: 0 Atk / 29 Spe
Baton Pass | Calm Mind | Hyper Voice | Wish

Sylveon is the main Pokemon in the team. It baits in Poison or Steel types either weakening them or passing a calm mind boost to a teammate. Its my main answer for dragon types and passive special attackers. Maximaxing HP and defense allows me to be bulky on both sides of the spectrum since im boosting my spdef with calm mind anyway. It preety much beats Hydreigon but scouting their set is very crucial since both flash cannon and iron tail are 2hit koes on the switch. Additionally you can run Calm 96+ Spdef to tank 2 LO Flash Cannons after rocks, but then you loose out on a lot of defense, making physical dragon types like Haxorus even more threatening. A preety common scenario would be the opponent switching in their Sylveon check/counter into a calm mind boost. Im either goin to wish if its a passive answer like Blissey or Empoleon or baton pass out into the approprieate team member. This thing can also win many games own, altough it would be better running protect instead of BP while attepting to sweep on its own. The 29 Speed has a spesific purpose. I wanna be able to outslow other CM Pass Sylveon because my Escavalier is slower so i cant iron head sylveon before it passes a boost, so my immediate answer is goin into a CM war against opposing Sylveon. they usually setup to +6 but since mine is slower i get the slow baton pass allowing me to scout what their gonna baton pass into.

Reuniclus @ Life Orb | Bold Nature
Ability: Magic Guard | EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 36 SpA / 44 Spe | IVs: 0 Atk
Psyshock | Focus Blast | Recover | Acid Armor

Reuniclus is one of my main Recipient of the Calm mind boosts from sylveon. Originally i was Calm mind instead of Acid armor but i got tired of just getting one kill with it just to get revengekilled by frkn banded Krook lol. Colbur was not an Option on this since i wanted to beat stall with it and i need the 36 Spatk LO to 2hitko Quagsire with Focusblast. 44 Speed allows me to outspeed Impish Quagsire and 2hitko it on the switch. Additionally i outspeed 0 Speed Doublade but since i cant touch it with this set it doesnt really matter. After i baton passed into this i usually go for acid armor because this thing gets so bulky that litterally nothing can break this. This thing can also setup on physical mons and beat entire Offensive teams even without cm boosts. It checks fighting types like Conkeldurr because i can just recover of the damage. It preety much beats stall by its own because Mandibuzz gets overwelmed by boosted Focus Blast on the roost. Sableye can get annoying but since i can pass my boosts into stuff like hydreigon im not even worried.

some calcs:
36 SpA Life Orb Reuniclus Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Quagsire: 199-234 (50.5 - 59.3%) -- 80.1% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+1 36 SpA Life Orb Reuniclus Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Blissey: 380-448 (53.2 - 62.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+6 36 SpA Life Orb Reuniclus Psyshock vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Slowking: 231-273 (58.7 - 69.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+3 36 SpA Reuniclus Focus Blast vs. 240 HP / 216+ SpD Mandibuzz: 206-243 (48.9 - 57.7%) -- 53.1% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+2 36 SpA Life Orb Reuniclus Psyshock vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Aerodactyl: 320-378 (106.3 - 125.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Mega Aerodactyl Stone Edge vs. +2 252 HP / 176+ Def Reuniclus: 79-94 (18.6 - 22.1%) -- possible 5HKO

252 Atk Choice Band Krookodile Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. +2 252 HP / 176+ Def Reuniclus: 206-246 (48.5 - 58%) -- 95.3% chance to 2HKO

252+ Atk Guts Heracross Megahorn vs. +2 252 HP / 176+ Def Reuniclus: 294-348 (69.3 - 82%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Adaptability Mega Beedrill U-turn vs. +2 252 HP / 176+ Def Reuniclus: 160-192 (37.7 - 45.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Hydreigon @ Life Orb | Timid Nature
Ability: Levitate | EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe | IVs: 0 Atk
Draco Meteor | Dark Pulse | Flash Cannon | Roost

Hydreigon is still nice in UU even though Sylveons recently dropped. Not like fairys werent a problem before for Hydra lol. This Life orb 3 attacks set is a very nice nuke and roost allows me to switch into Chandelure more comfortably. Scarf was my original Intention because my team lacked speed in general and it can potentially late game clean with a couple of cm moves but dark pulse is not the best spamable move for a late game sweep because of the common fighting and fairy type in the tier so i decided on this life orb set. I did not saw any reason to run fire blast over flash cannon because Draco meteor nukes Lucario and Cobalion anyway. Fairys were much more annoying because they could stop a boosted Hydreigon from sweeping so flash cannon was the move of choice. Hydreigon has such a nice typing and it gives me a check to Crawdaunt and standard rocks Krookodile. This mon also very much improves my Sableye matchup since dark pulse into recover/draco meteoris a ko.

Escavalier @ Leftovers | Adamant Nature
Ability: Overcoat | EVs: 248 HP / 56 Atk / 68 Def / 136 SpD
Megahorn | Iron Head | Pursuit | Toxic

Next Mon on the Team is Escavalier. its my Main fairy type answer and Pursuit traps Megabedrill because its so annoying to the team. Altough Reuniclus beats it after an Acid Armor boost, it can be very hard to get it up against Beedril HO because of the sheer pressure. Im trying to double as early as possible into this on their Beedril switch. Once the opponent saw left overs on sylveon its safe to assume that hes gonna switch into Beedril to get of a Mega or u-turn/poison jab.
56+ Atk Escavalier 80 BP Pursuit vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Beedrill: 173-204 (63.8 - 75.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

56 Atk investment has a low chance of bringing Mbeedril in stealth rocks range after pursuit, but i didnt felt the need to invest more since Escavalier is defensively already pressured as it is. Because i dont have Crobat anymore on the Team, Mienshao can make a number on my team so i added some defense invesment just in case i have to tank an hjk and get rid of it asap. I can also tank +2 LO Haxorus EQ and retaliate back with a megahorn wich kills him after his next LO Hit.
some calcs:
252 Atk Life Orb Reckless Mienshao High Jump Kick vs. 248 HP / 68 Def Escavalier: 289-341 (84.2 - 99.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+2 252 Atk Life Orb Mold Breaker Haxorus Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 68 Def Escavalier: 279-329 (81.3 - 95.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Mold Breaker Haxorus Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 68 Def Escavalier: 305-360 (88.9 - 104.9%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO

56+ Atk Escavalier Iron Head vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Aerodactyl: 294-348 (97.6 - 115.6%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

Escavaliers moveset is rounded up with Iron Head to beat fairys and megahorn because its very strong stab Stab and breaks Subs from Cresselia. Toxic is there to put stuff like Cress and bulky waters on a timer.

Swampert-Mega @ Swampertite | Adamant Nature
Ability: Swift Swim | EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe
Rain Dance | Waterfall | Earthquake | Stealth Rock

Swampert gives this team a nice electric immunity checks Fire Types like Entei and supports the team with stealth rocks. Its so bulky that you dont even need to invest a lot of HP to tank hits and Waterfall/Earthquake preety much hits anything in the tier besided grass types. Salamence and Tangrowth are gone so it makes this mons even more threatening. Raindance doubles its speed allowing me to sweep or punch holes into opposing teams lacking a bulky watertype/grasstype. I didnt felt the need to go max speed because litterally everything nowadays creeps to 240-242 speed so i just opted to outrun Jolly Crawdaunt after Megaevoluiton.

Tornadus @ Life Orb | Naive Nature
Ability: Defiant/Prankster | EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hurricane | Heat Wave | Superpower | Grass Knot/Sludge Wave/Tailwind

Tornadus is such a great MOn in UU because it has balance breaking potential with its good mixed attacking set. Superpower destroys Blissey and Empoleon on the switch and Hurricane is already hard enough to resist in the tier bar Mega Aero and Rotom Heat. Heat wave to hit steel types and grass knot is an easy way out to stuff like Gastrodon and Swampert. Sludge wave can be run over Grass knot just to hit Sylveon for more accurate than hurricane. If this gets a calm mind boost chances are bulky balance teams just straight fall apart. Ev spread here is very simple. Max speed Max specialatk. Thats basically all you need preety much. Defiant is used over Prankster because of 4 attacks, but Prankster with Tailwind can be life saving some times. I went for a naive nature just in case i have to tank a random prio move sucker punch.

Threatlist: Good players and Roar Suicune.

Closing Words: I had a good ladderun with this team, but due to my lazyness i only reached rank 8 with a rating of 1726. I really think its a solid team, ofc there are always poor matchups but i think everyones used to that. Im open to any suggestions or ratings because there will always be room for improvement. Thnx for taking the time reading this rmt, hope you can have fun with the team!

Hp fire ninja is the alt

Import:

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 29 Spe
- Baton Pass
- Calm Mind
- Hyper Voice
- Wish

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 36 SpA / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Recover
- Acid Armor

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Flash Cannon
- Roost

Escavalier @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Atk / 68 Def / 136 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Pursuit
- Toxic

Swampert-Mega @ Swampertite
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rain Dance
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Tornadus @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Grass Knot
- Superpower

Shoutouts:

Only gonna shoutout my german friends
DnB: Huge Thank you to Dnb because he basically did all the work regarding the rmt including the banner LOL Because i dont know shit about this forum and how to properly make an rmt i kindly asked him to do all the fancy editing and stuff. So huge thnx bro :D Besides that, youre one the most expirienced lowe tiers player i personally know. Hope we can meet someday to party together :D

Wings of Night: My Ladderboy, its very fun to ladder with you all kindz of tiers and its sometimes hilarious to rage with you in call about some random ass play that won our opponent the game :D

Reje: Your one of the nicest user i got to know through pokemon and im really glad i met such a cool dude like you, fuck hax fuck cp mons always rewarding the stupid. Hope you like my 3DS :D

Mazar: Was geht du gebildeter Ausländer, i know we both wanted to quit mons but wayne, it is to much fun isnt it?? Right.. I Just want to let you know, that your a cool dude regardless of what other people might think of you and you can be proud of yourself because imo you have made a big impact on the german cp community. Wish you the best for your real life, because i know that youre an ambitious dude and everything that you touch turns into gold haha

Quaggster: Youre one of the funniest dude of all time LOL even tho you think that i made no gains in gym... Hope we can do more again regarding mons, because it was always so fun with you.

bluri: LOL why am i even giving you a shoutout... I feel like our relationship is like a rollercoaster. On one day we can be best buddys, on the other i threaten your life LOL Were very similiar even tho i dont want to accept that fact...

@Ict: CARLOS BESTER MANN, your easily one of the funniest guys ever. We basically have the same humor(very very black), and you play UU like a beast. Lets build sometime again, lookin forward to that.

qwily: had so much beef with you in the past you like fishing whore, but in the end i can safely say that ur a nice guy :D

Leru: Trollingbuddy number1, remember when we used to troll the german room like every day? Was a nice time, but even tho you never wanted to call with me(BUY A FKN MIC GODDAMIT), i can honestly say that your a good budy of mine.

xray: Hey xray, you were basically one of the first guys i have ever talked to in my time here after i lost to you in the beginners tour in bisaboard. I have huge respect for you as a battler. Youre easiliy the best Oras Ou player in my opinion. Hope we can test teams again, like in the old days :D

Steve Angello: Mahlzeit Timothy, even tho your salty about hax 24/7, youre a nice really nice dude and our rapbattle was godly :D npl 15 was nice, hope we can play in another teamtour again!

@Advanceship/Dorfuchs: Dont know whats your smogon username but wayne. Its fun to ladder with you, but stop using this stupid donphan team with 136+ attack play rough to hit sablaye all the fkn time LOL Besides that, Latios is a useless trash mon that always has to double LOL Schöne Grüße an Fionavar, mach sie wet

Get this Money: alex alex, sry for snipin you on ladder, hope you make the cycle regardless ;))))) Remember when we used to call sometimes to build teams, missing those times...

Seeme: got to know you through npl 15, youre a solid ou player keep it up bro :D

choolio: I dont know why i only recently found out that theres another good Austrian Mons player LOL, fun guy for sure :D

CrashinBoomBang: Hey what up bro, i like your humor and your passion for spongebob :D Hope we can do all kindz of fun stuff in the future because your really cool!

Liones: Desperate for olt Points?? Use stall, Birdspam or Double Electric Teams. HF with your life LOL jk,youre a solid oras ou player and another austrian dude like me, so why would i not like you? Lets call again sometime but not during olt, so people suspect me of ghosting ooo

Erz: Hey Erz, youre a really nice guy and its always fun to talk to you about serious stuff ever tho your younger than me i feel like i can talk to you just about anything. Just work on your Memes and Jokes LOL they are not everbodys taste :D

Magermilchpuur: Trollingbuddy number2, even tho we dont do much together youre definetly deserving a shoutout!

asgdf: Why do you hate me :((((

MeLevies: dont know if you have a smogon account, but just wanted to let you know that your a really nice person!

ShadowQuinn: Definetly a nice user and i like your magic tricks! If i will ever need a solid ubers team youre the first person i will ask(sry Reje, muk/rhyperior stall in ubers might be the future but still LOOL)

@Trice/Appreciation: die fgt, nothing more to say jkjk :P trollingbuddy number3, but pls dont be scared of calling with me, i can be nice to!

Zaionar: One of the best german uu battlers i know, hope we can do some laddering in the future together because you have so much knowledge :D

esca: Dont know if your active anymore, but i still remember our good times and i have huge respect for you as a battler. Your RU teams were my go to teams and probably always be even tho the meta has changed LOL

Shockwave: Very sad, that you quit mons but i still hope youre coming back for sun/moon. Calls were always superfun with you!

Sapientia: We never really interacted besides those dpp testgames during npl LOL who cares, giving you a shoutout

@Nurmax/WarumFelix: solid lower tiers players, got to whitness their growth and its very pleasing to see that both have made a huge progress.

Lacus Clyne: Hallo. Ich bin Lacus Clyne. Hallo???

If i forgot anyone pls pm me. Love you all :D

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)