ORAS OU No-mega offensive team?

Hi guys,
I'm new to this forum, so advice would be well appreciated.

Here's my team, climbing mid 1300's.

Azelf @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion
- Taunt
- Skill Swap

THE ORIGINAL SUICIDE LEAD!!! Azelf is just so good for what his job is. Taunt is on there to stop slower leads like Ferrothorn and Landorus-T, while Skill Swap can harm ability reliant pokemon like Azumarill and Diggersby. The Focus Sash keeps him alive for at least one stealth rock. Stealth Rock is a good all round entry hazard, that hits flying types very hard. When he can't do anything else, Explosion does decent damage to an opposing pokemon. He has EV's in HP and Speed to be a pretty bulky support, that with 361 speed can outspeed most leads.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Toxic
- Protect

We'll build a wall and name it Clefable. Unaware makes work of setup-sweepers, which you can then whittle down with the Toxic-Protect combo. Calm Mind will allow you to do VERY good damage with moonblast, while avoiding damage from Serperior, etc. Moonblast is a good STAB move that does good damage. Unfortunately this set is ruined by steel types, as none of these moves hit for anything against steel.

Arcanine @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Extreme Speed
- Wild Charge
- Crunch

Arcanine is a solid core, and is my main counter to grass and steel-types. Wild Charge hits water-types, one of Arcanines main checks. Extreme Speed can finish off damaged pokemon, with relative safety. Crunch hits Psychic and Ghost types. Flare Blitz, hits very very very hard, and with the Life Orb boost, 2HKO most pokemon that don't resist in. He is a good teammate for Keldeo and Clefable, as he counters their counters. EV's in attack and speed to get MAXIMUM hurt, and to outspeed foes.

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind
- Hydro Pump

My special attacker, with choice specs, he really hits hard. Main role is to counter Heatran, Gliscor, Garchomp and Tyranitar. Scald is my main attack, 30% burn cripples physical attackers. Secret Sword damages Steel, Rock and Dark types. Icy Wind hurts Garchomp and Landorus-T. EVs in Special Attack and Speed, to make sure he can land those Special Attacks first. Hydro pump is there for when scald can't do the job, and I need a bit more power.

Goodra @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake

Goodra is a TANK. I needed someone to check Serperior, and Goodra fit the role. Outrage is a powerful STAB move that hits everything that doesn't resist it for very good damage. Dragon Tail gets Chansey out of your way. Earthquake OHKOs Heatran as well. Super Special def with assault vest makes him a good special tank.

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

Bisharp is the "sweeper" of the team. Swords Dance is used when you can predict a swich or a move that wont KO him. Sucker Punch allows Bisharp to damage speedier foes and Iron Head puts fairies to bed. Knock off hits status pokemon and stallers hard, and swords dance makes your attacks hurt. The Black Glasses makes Your two primary STAB moves hit even harder.

Counters:
Mega Sableye + Steel: without clefable, Mega Sableye can wreak havoc.

Water types: this team lacks a reliable check to water types, meaning that if played well, they can ruin lots of games.

Last edited:
I don't have time to rate atm, but I'll get back to you sometime in the next few days. For now, I'd just like to say that your team really isn't offensive enough to justify a suicide lead, because once it's gone, you're left with a 5-6.

Also you're only allowed to bump your own team once iirc.

Edit: Just to clarify, is the no mega thing a condition of your team or would you be open to adding one?

Last edited:
I don't have time to rate atm, but I'll get back to you sometime in the next few days. For now, I'd just like to say that your team really isn't offensive enough to justify a suicide lead, because once it's gone, you're left with a 5-6.

Also you're only allowed to bump your own team once iirc.

Edit: Just to clarify, is the no mega thing a condition of your team or would you be open to adding one?
Aha sorry about the multiple bumps you can blame inexperience with the forum and probably mostly desperation.

And no im quite open to adding a mega, i just sort of made it and found myself doing alright, and i was just looking for a couple ways i could improve it.

Thanks mate

Okay, so here's the rate:

The first thing you have to consider when making a team is what your aim. If the aim of this team is to allow Bisharp to sweep, we need team members that can remove his checks and counters.

Firstly, suicide leads are only useful on hyper offensive teams, which can afford to effectively have one less pokemon. So Azelf needs to go. I would replace him with Rocky Helmet Landorus-T, which gives your team a very good physical pivot.

If you want to run a bulky set up Clefable, it needs recovery, or it can be worn down very quickly by enemy attacks. Since Soft-Boiled is incompatible with Unaware, I reccomend that you replace protect with Moonlight, since Protect does little except allow one more turn of Leftovers. Next, Clefable usually benefits more from Def or SpD investment than SpA, since it relies on its bulk to set up. I reccomend 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD to allow you to set up on opposing physical attackers.

The Arcanine set is pretty good, but I would change Crunch to Close Combat to help your team deal with steel types.

On Goodra, Fire Punch is a little redundant, since it does less damage against serperior than Outrage, and Earthquake already hits Steel types. Replacing Fire Punch with Power Whip helps your team immensely against bulky water types.

tl;dr
Replace Azelf with Rocky Helmet Landorus-T
Replace Protect with Moonlight on Clefable and change the EVs to 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Change Crunch to Close Combat on Arcanine
Change Fire Punch to Power Whip on Goodra

Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)