ORAS LC Nothing Rhymes With Web

Gummy

...three, smiles go for miles!
I wanted a catchy title so I checked rhymezone for stuff that rhymes with webs and I have never heard of half the words that showed up. Also no song-based title because 1. I don't know any good music and 2. song titles are edgy.

It's not a webs team without a webs setter, obviously. Since this team is very offensive I went for Surskit over Spinarak since it generally has more offensive presence, but that's like saying Shellos has more offensive presence over Sunkern.

Webs primarily needs a Defog and Spinblocker or else the hazard gets taken away and then your webs team is just a team. Pawn is the only good Defog blocker and Pumpkaboo helps deal with water-types and has nice, reliable priority.

Cue the fun part: the next 3 filler mons you'll use. At first I used Spritzee for a defensive backbone and Corphish just to hit stuff hard, but I replaced them with the hazard blockers. Mienfoo hits everything so hard, Cranidos also hits everything hard, and I've won a handful of matches from few people being prepared for SmashJuice Dwebble.

In-Depth

Pope Innocent III (Surskit) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Swift Swim
Level: 5
EVs: 36 HP / 20 Def / 196 SpA / 20 SpD / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Scald
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam
Surskit's job: Set up webs and die. Occasionally it has a nice side effect like catching Natu with an Ice Beam or hitting Drilbur with literally any of its moves, but mostly it just wants the hazards. It's also there to sack if it survives its job, and I think having a deadweight to sack is actually a pretty handy thing so you don't lose a valuable team member, especially in HO playstyles.

Fogwave (Pawniard) @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 156 Atk / 36 Def / 116 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Brick Break

Pawn, like Surskit, has a simple job: catch the Defog. Other than that, it's a simple set. Brick Break is over Stealth Rock because if its job is to block Defog why would you set up hazards? It also hits other Pawniards that get a +2 Atk boost from webs or the other occasional Dark-type.

BLOCKING: SPIN VER (Pumpkaboo-Super) @ Eviolite
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 204 HP / 36 Def / 236 SpD / 28 Spe
Careful Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Synthesis
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Sneak

Pumpkaboo is a utility mon, through and through. It's a spinblocker, revenge killer, physical-attacker-neuterer, and it can scout with Frisk. Other than that, it can break Sturdy with Bullet Seed and take a hit or two.

>:( (Mienfoo) @ Life Orb
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Poison Jab

The set looks like a hideous mess, but hear me out. This Foo is not your typical glue mon or whatever, he's here to kick ass. Reckless LO HJK is stupidly powerful, and while it means Foo can't take a hit, that's not its job. Its moveset is centered around coverage and dealing damage to a lot of things. Poison Jab is there because my team struggles with bulky fairies like Cottonee and Spritzee.

Roark (Cranidos) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Superpower
- Zen Headbutt
- Crunch

With the highest Attack stat in LC, great coverage, and sheer power on webs teams I wonder why I don't see it more often. Cranidos hits 16 speed, which outpaces everything except scarves after a webs drop. It's a mid-game cleaner that I just send out when it can grab a kill. It has great synergy with Pump, who is immune to a lot of the priority Cranidos is weak to.

Hulk (Dwebble) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 236 Atk / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Aerial Ace

It's hard to prepare for Dwebble. It almost always gets a free Smash, and once it does, it's hard to stop (bar a Rock Blast miss or minimum roll). I prefer Aerial Ace over Sub because it can just hit Fighting-types more reliably and why would Sturdy need a Sub anyway? If Surskit fails to set up webs, Dwebble has no problem. It's a solid mon to use.

Threats

I hate Foongus.
Also a lot of bulky things like Spritzee. Sorry this is so short, I'm bad at remembering why my teams suck.

Conclusion
I originally built this team as kind of a joke, but it's actually really fun to play. It may not be the most solid or bulky, but it's definitely fun to just mess around with. Rates are super appreciated. Also can people make more LC RMTs?? This board is so devoid of the best meta :(​

Fiend

someguy
is a Social Media Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Your team is interesting because it happens to lack a sturdy Snivy counter, a sturdy Pawniard counter, and no rapid spin support which cause matches to be rather difficult if Stealth Rock gets up or you play a faster webs team. Pawniard with Brick Break in tandem with Mienfoo should be enough just for Pawniard, but then Fletchling and Shellder and Vullaby all become massive issues which I dislike, especially for your team composition.

The quickest fixes for this are making Mienfoo the normal defensive set, with Poison Jab still if you'd like. While you lose some ability to handle things such as Spritzee, Cranidos, Pumpkaboo and Pawniard are able to force Spritzee to recover enough or switch out. This helps mitigates the issue of Pawniard and its numerous teammates it will support.

Alternatively, Fletchling can be used in place of Dwebble to check Snivy, quicker web teams, and generally check Fighters, Foongus, and pressure Pawniard with a powerful Overheat. Overheat would be most useful against Pawniard as it initially switches in though, since a boosted Sucker Punch murders Fletchling, and this adds to the prediction required in the match making it unideal if you are not confident.

However, Dwebble is a really problematic Pokemon to your team as it has little defensive utility, poor immediate offensive power, and largely underwhelming sweeping potential, plus its overall weak to priority. Tirtouga can be an apt replacement if you wish to keep a Shell Smasher, however Vullaby or Scarf Chinchou or other bulky/fast cleaners can be used instead. Vullaby gives you a great Foongus counter, decent Snivy check, and is hard to switch into and generally great at continually pressuring teams while Scarf Chinchou would be a great backup check to Fletchling which relive Pawniard some, and also a secondary check to Smashers which aids your reliance on Sucker Punch. Chinchou also adds a secondary Water-resist and a way to handle faster web matchups. Chinchou should allow you to keep Mienfoo as the LO set it is, which is nice.

Gummy

...three, smiles go for miles!
Thank you for the additions, Vullaby definitely sounds helpful. I replaced Dwebble with the standard offensive set, with Heat Wave > U-turn to hit Pawn.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)