np: NU Stage 10 - Blackbird

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blast

Member of the Alien Nation
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I want to talk about Dual Screens for a second because I personally find to be really effective right now. With all the frail setup sweepers and Pokémon in general roaming everywhere, Dual Screens are just amazing at providing a sort of cushion for them to switch in and / or set up. There are a ton of things that can literally sweep teams after one turn of setup, and screens are really good at providing that. They also match up much better against Kanga compared to other forms of HO since you can tank priority a ton better behind screens and kill Kanga back.

My favorite Dual Screener so far has definitely got to be Serperior. It's amazingly reliable at its job and thanks to the Grass STAB, Reflect, and Taunt it makes for a really good anti-lead as well. Although the main reason I like it so much is its crazy Speed, since it's so fast it can almost always get at least one quick screen off in clutch situations. Also a super cool partner for Serp is Charizard, who completely wrecks behind screens and Serperior even blocks SR for Zard thanks to Taunt. Serp's also really fun to pair up with SD Zangoose, who literally can tear through the entire world after a boost, and then some.

So, have you guys used Screens in this meta? If you have, what kind of stuff do you like using along with it?

I personally had a lot of fun with this dude and this set i found:

Balloon @ Flying Gem
Trait: Unburden
Evs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
Acrobatics
Will-O-Wisp
Substitute
Baton Pass

Im personally loving this set. SubPass can be unexpected and Drif forces quite a lot of switches because of the danger of Gem boosted acrobatics. I use it together with Zangoose myself to give it a safe switch in and possibly even a free sub if the opponent does something dumb. Burn+Bpass makes Drif almost non Skuntank weak which is great :)

So I wasn't around Smogon during the gen 5 shift, how is the changeover to generation 6 going to work? Is NU going to be a tier before the first month of usage statistics? Will the tier be around and all the gen 6 Pokemon will slowly filter into their respective tiers?

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
So I wasn't around Smogon during the gen 5 shift, how is the changeover to generation 6 going to work? Is NU going to be a tier before the first month of usage statistics? Will the tier be around and all the gen 6 Pokemon will slowly filter into their respective tiers?
NU for gen vi won't exist for a while, as it starts with only OU then UU forms, the RU and finally NU. Depending on how they decide to make tiers NU won't happen for 6-12 months :[.

That's disappointing, I really like the NU group. Hopefully the wait is short, then! Will 5th gen NU stick around for very long after the new Pokemon are added to the simulator, or is everything jumping straight into the new gen clusterfuck? (500 viable-ish options? Oh lawd. D: )

5th Gen nu will most likely be kept as an option on PS, but for now the focus is on building up 6th Gen, and that's what most people will be playing.

With the suspect test over, it's time for the final round of #neverused to go up. Thank you everyone for participating in Round 10! Expect a new thread shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)